Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Red & White game set

Started by olblueyes, October 11, 2008, 09:48:46 am

Previous topic - Next topic

olblueyes

For those who have had ??????'s regarding the red and white game, here is the final scoop. It was published this morning in "the morning news". Sorry there isn't a link to the article, but I will paraphrase. Date, Oct 24th. Gates open at 5:30p.m. Cost of entry is a can of food which will be donated to the Salvation Army. Both men's and women's team will will be on concourse for autographs from 6 - 7:15 p.m. Scrimmage starts at 7:30. Both men and women will scrimmage.
Following, supporting, and rooting the hogs on 24/7 X 365!!!!

RZRBack_FAN

dakpowers

olblueyes

Quote from: rzrbkman on October 13, 2008, 11:24:03 am
The men's scrimmage is supposed to start at 8:15. It will have to be a mini-mini scrimmage with only 10 scholarship players and 1 walk-on.
The link below is the roster for this year. All players listed are scholarship players. Yes, Stephen Cox was awarded a scholarship for this year. I do expect to see a couple of walk-ons for this year. Who they are is yet to be determined. http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/SportSelect.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=6100&SPID=2421&SPSID=30749
Following, supporting, and rooting the hogs on 24/7 X 365!!!!

PorkSoda

Quote from: rzrbkman on October 13, 2008, 11:24:03 am
The men's scrimmage is supposed to start at 8:15. It will have to be a mini-mini scrimmage with only 10 scholarship players and 1 walk-on.
I wonder if Pelphrey will play a few minutes like he did last year.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

condohog

Is the Red/white game not part of the ticket package?? Is this more like a "midnight madness"?

kingoftherapids

i am there. is anyone else going?

awj81

I will be there... it would be awesome to see a packed house or at least lower section.  I want to see these freshmen on the court. :razorback:

nearhogfan

Has anyone heard how individual workouts are going with the team?

diamondcats

im going and taking my kids.  1190am  should do more to promote this as well.  just talking about it would drive more interest

chillinhoggie

Quote from: rzrbkman on October 16, 2008, 09:40:51 am
Most fans are not going to drive very far to see 45 minutes of action by two scrimmage teams playing very little defense. If it was a full Red-White game there might be 8,000-9,000 there but not for this on a football Friday night.
There is the 'Ole Miss game the next day so some people might have already be coming in town. Seems like Saturday noon would have been a better choice. What time is the football game?

chillinhoggie

McKdaddy

I see that scrimmages begin at 7:30, but who is first up, men or women Hogs?  I'd like to take my 3.5 yr old, but given her limited attention span, I'd prefer to go see the men.
Don't buy upgrades, ride up grades.

"You are everything that is wrong with this place . . . Ban me"

"CPI, ex-food and energy, is only good for an anorexic pedestrian"--Art Cashin

McKdaddy

Quote from: rzrbkman on October 16, 2008, 12:37:52 pm
The women from 730 to 815.
Thank you sir.  By the time the men come out my little one will be approaching sleepy time.   :-\
Don't buy upgrades, ride up grades.

"You are everything that is wrong with this place . . . Ban me"

"CPI, ex-food and energy, is only good for an anorexic pedestrian"--Art Cashin