Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

"Can Arkansas Bounce Back?"

Started by UltimateHog, October 10, 2008, 11:40:57 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

UltimateHog

October 10, 2008, 11:40:57 pm Last Edit: October 10, 2008, 11:43:33 pm by UltimateHog
http://arkansas.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=838464

Didn't see this posted, delete if so, but the search isn't working and it wasent on the first 2 pages....

Very good article about our program and it's very positive.

One writer even thinks we can contend for the weak West title, then says NIT lol.

All say we will bounce back...best part....

"Long-term, there's no reason Arkansas can't annually be one of the best teams in the SEC West – and the league as a whole. The Hogs already have a commitment for the 2009 class from four-star forward Marshawn Powell. If there's one thing Pelphrey has shown he can do – whether as an assistant at Marshall and Florida and coach at South Alabama and Arkansas – it's identify talent."
Quote from: cityhog on January 14, 2012, 04:48:21 pm
I'll honestly be shocked if CMA ever goes above .500 in conference play as coach here.

jgphillips3

We aren't going to be in the NC hunt anytime soon, but we will be better and we will be competing for the West title on a yearly basis.  Probably not this year though.  I am just hoping to get 16 or 17 wins and show progress on transitioning to Pelphrey's style of play this year.  Anything beyond that is gravy.  Also, I won't be disappointed if we fall several victories shy of that but show substantial improvement throughout the year.

mbgrulz

there are a lot of variables this season.

I'm not EXPECTING a great year, but im not CERTAIN we will be a bottom feeder. the SEC West is suspect, and if nobody grabs it by the horns, then we might sneak in the hunt.

MJ2

If Pelphrey goes .500 this year, how long before he's forced out?  2 more years?  5 full seasons?