Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Will This Be Rob Evans Last Year?

Started by UltimateHog, October 10, 2008, 12:01:21 am

Previous topic - Next topic

UltimateHog

October 10, 2008, 12:01:21 am Last Edit: October 10, 2008, 12:04:15 am by UltimateHog
Weigh in.

I think it will be.

Most of us know how good of a coach he is, and how he needs/deserves to be a HC somewhere.

Depending on our success and maturation throughout the season this year, I think Evans lands a HC job at a decent school.

I don't think a former SEC Coach of the Year remains an assistant for more than 2 years.

I think this team has more success than people on here think, and makes the NCAAT, because we don't have one great head coach, we really have two.
Quote from: cityhog on January 14, 2012, 04:48:21 pm
I'll honestly be shocked if CMA ever goes above .500 in conference play as coach here.

mhuff

I hope the best for him;however, I would like to see him be here to work with Borden should he become a Razorback. Evans has the reputation of being able to coach big men.

PorkSoda

I hope he stays.  He is one of the most important members on this staff.  Everytime I see a player
sit on the bench, there is rob evans right next to him talking in his ear.  I think he provides balance
to Pelphrey's fire, not to mention a ton of experience.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

edt

His age is working against him getting a head coaching job. He may be here for awhile.

SardisHog

"You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it."<br />- Robin Williams

Corkscrew Johnson

He obviously has the basketball acumen, organizational skills, and positive public image to be a head coach again.  However, does he want to be?  He's pretty old, living in a great town, making a great salary, is given significant deference by Pelphrey, and has none of the pressure that accompanies being the top dog. 

I have read articles to this respect a few times, but I never knew if that was just lip service to his current position. 

Razorod

i for one hopes he stays until he retires. he is a tremendous asset to our program. a great coach and an even better human being.

i have a friend who is a DII coach who knows evans rather well. can't say enough good things about him.
Hoping the Hogs basketball fortunes change for the better this season.

oldfart

dont really see him going back to head coach at his age. most programs are looking for a younger fireball coach.  not that he could not do a good job for someone but this is becoming more a young man's game with the strenuous recruiting etc. yes, a coach K is not young but then he has a program built up already.  love to keep coach evans here for a long time, adds good stability and discipline to the program.