Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Jazz exercise option on Brewer

Started by yraciv, September 30, 2008, 01:48:05 am

Previous topic - Next topic

yraciv

TRUHOG718

http://www.sicollection.com/assets/images/nolan_richardson_300.jpg

One Day. We Will Be Back. I Promise You This.

HawgnCorona

Quote from: yraciv on September 30, 2008, 01:48:05 am
No surprise here, but the Jazz like what they see in Ronnie Brewer.
http://www.nba.com/news/jazz_brewer_080929.html

Hey that is some great news, the only thing better would be if he were a Laker for the rest of his hopefully long career.
Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all your getting, get understanding." --   Proverbs 4:7

"Live justly, love mercy and to walk humbly with the Most High."-- Micah 6:8

yraciv

Quote from: HawgnCorona on October 02, 2008, 01:57:43 pm
Hey that is some great news, the only thing better would be if he were a Laker for the rest of his hopefully long career.

That would be the worse news I've ever heard.  I've already had to not like guys like Fisher & Pargo during their Laker days.

3kgthog

RB would be an annual All-Star if he could shoot like his dad. Darn that accident at the lake!

yraciv

Quote from: 3kgthog on October 02, 2008, 05:03:10 pm
RB would be an annual All-Star if he could shoot like his dad. Darn that accident at the lake!

That story is overblown.  I know his cousin, and the kid always had a funky shot.

Does Ronnie still have that reach and slap defense as the dribbler goes by him for someone else to have to cover and that perfect drive to the basket where he never seems to make the layup or hit the freethrow after being fouled.  I guess I don't have the same memories of him many of you do.  In any event, I hope he makes millions playing BB at the NBA level.

yraciv

Quote from: 12247 on October 03, 2008, 07:47:42 pm
Does Ronnie still have that reach and slap defense as the dribbler goes by him for someone else to have to cover and that perfect drive to the basket where he never seems to make the layup or hit the freethrow after being fouled.  I guess I don't have the same memories of him many of you do.  In any event, I hope he makes millions playing BB at the NBA level.

He is a starter in the NBA.  Thats more of an AAU style of ball, and won't get you any playing time in the pros.  Although I think your exaggerating how much he did it.  Thats usually a last resort when you get beat off the dribble, which doesn't happen to Brewer very often.  His game is driving to the hoops and he shot 56% from the field this year, the highest for anyone at his position.

Hogbody

Quote from: 12247 on October 03, 2008, 07:47:42 pm

Brewer played very well this year

Why don't you read the article instead of trash talking him.

HawgnCorona

October 04, 2008, 05:31:15 pm #9 Last Edit: October 04, 2008, 05:39:47 pm by HawgnCorona
 :puke:
Quote from: yraciv on October 02, 2008, 04:02:10 pm
That would be the worse news I've ever heard.  I've already had to not like guys like Fisher & Pargo during their Laker days.

ahhh too bad....but thats my story and im sticking to it!!!
Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all your getting, get understanding." --   Proverbs 4:7

"Live justly, love mercy and to walk humbly with the Most High."-- Micah 6:8

BrooklynRoss

Nice. It's obvious that Brewer's been working his butt off to improve his game. He's just going to keep getting better.
I support the Razorbacks in the city that never sleeps.

I read the article numbnuts and still remember his sometimes poor defense and perfect driving to the
basket that rarely lead to points for us and usually lead to the other team with the ball.  He now plays
in the NBA and is getting paid for it, enough said.

yraciv

Quote from: 12247 on October 09, 2008, 04:47:12 pm
I read the article numbnuts and still remember his sometimes poor defense and perfect driving to the
basket that rarely lead to points for us and usually lead to the other team with the ball.  He now plays
in the NBA and is getting paid for it, enough said.

You clearly don't know much about basketball and have no respect for the nba.  I'd advise staying away from the basketball forum.  Most people on this board are Brewer fans for good reason.  He is starting in the top professional basketball league for a good team.

I can tell there is quite a run of Brewer fans on board what with their being 12 posts here in 11 days and
2 of those mine.  As for Ronnie Brewer, I still have trouble with the great talent we had for the past 5 or 6 years
that never really played much good BB and that includes Brewer.  Man we looked good on the sidelines,
but couldn't put much on the floor.  Ronnie played a lot of what I described while in college and really
that has no place here because this thread is about his NBA status.  By the way, I loved his Dad's play,
he understood defense and how to score 1 on 1 with most anybody.

yraciv

We signed two 5 star recruits, and they were Al Jefferson & Olu Famutimi.  One went pro and the other was a bust.  We had Ronnie Brewer and have not had one other NBA players in the last 5 or 6 years.  I say the talent level has been adequate, but with the poor coaching we got what we expected.  This is football season and we're in the basketball forum, so there isn't much interest.  It is a minor contract detail, but when Brewer was in the playoffs tons of people were posting.  I don't know how anyone can constantly hate on a guy, that is the best player we've had in a while and is 1/3 successful nba players from Arkansas this decade.  He did more for the Hogs then the other 2.

hogtheball

Good news.  Brewer will just continue to get better - Sloan is perfect for RB, and will help him with his B-ball IQ significantly.  Oh, and when Brewer reaches around and goes for a steal in Utah, he's got Kerilenko backing him up, so he's encouraged to take more chances.  In Arkansas, when he flashed for a steal - he had one of the lazy big guys "not" backing him up.
Did you hear about the dyslexic agnostic with insomnia? He laid awake all night wondering if there really was a dog.

rmcchris

Great to here the good news.  Ronnie is a first class kid.  I was amazed by the 218 lbs listed for his
weight?  He played at AR around 180, maybe?  Good job of putting on the needed weight to play in
the NBA.  I knew Ron in his days and he was wild, but a great guy.  His mother is first class and
her drive has helped Ronnie be the person he is today.  Go Brewer, Go Hogs

Hogbody

Quote from: 12247 on October 10, 2008, 09:56:27 am
I can tell there is quite a run of Brewer fans on board what with their being 12 posts here in 11 days and
2 of those mine.  As for Ronnie Brewer, I still have trouble with the great talent we had for the past 5 or 6 years
that never really played much good BB and that includes Brewer.  Man we looked good on the sidelines,
but couldn't put much on the floor.  Ronnie played a lot of what I described while in college and really
that has no place here because this thread is about his NBA status.  By the way, I loved his Dad's play,
he understood defense and how to score 1 on 1 with most anybody.

You, sir, have no clue.