Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Patrino to Tejada

Started by B-Sticks, September 06, 2008, 10:10:57 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

B-Sticks

I rewound it about 20 times and you could read his lips loud and clear after that first Tejada miss ! He asked him if he missed it on purpose and then asked how in the $*@#  he could miss it that bad...then screamed " are you sh*$#ing me" !!! Bobby is hardcore !!! After that they never showed him after the other 2 misses !!

hendrix08hog

I can read lips and I saw that, too. I like it. It shows we have an expectation to hit that kind of stuff, not to get lucky.
FTS BABY

want2be

dhornjr1

Quote from: B-Sticks on September 06, 2008, 10:10:57 pm
I rewound it about 20 times and you could read his lips loud and clear after that first Tejada miss ! He asked him if he missed it on purpose and then asked how in the $*@#  he could miss it that bad...then screamed " are you sh*$#ing me" !!! Bobby is hardcore !!! After that they never showed him after the other 2 misses !!

Did Tejada say anything to him?

whatsshakinbacon

razorback903

I'm guessing that's the end of Tejada
John McCain likes to say that he'll follow bin Laden to the Gates of Hell, but he won't even follow him to the cave where he lives.

dhornjr1

B-Sticks

Couldn't tell from the camera angle if he replied...I wouldn't !!

budcampbellfan

I think Petrino had already tried the patient approach and decided to try the shocker, like the cure for the hiccups.  Really don't blame him.
"THE 'ARKANSAW RAZA'BACKS' ARE ON THE AIR!" - The late Bud Campbell at the beginning of each radio broadcast game.

BigoBoys

Yep, not slapping him on the helmet and then telling us "Man you really need that kick" from the Dork.   

r8zrbck

yep -- I rewound several times -- AND noticed they didnt show BP after

Dirty

Quote from: razorback903 on September 06, 2008, 10:14:06 pm

He won't give up on him that quick.

Blue35

We need a new kicker.  Cannot afford to lose points like that.

pimpndistress

:razorback:  FIRE JEFF LONG :razorback:
SMITE ME IF YOU LOVE  JEFF LONG [move]

johogs001

tejada seems done at least for the time being. Putting in haddock to kick pat's sealed the fate and tells you what was thought of the performance by tejada tonight.

El Puerco

camden5r

Glad to see our coach react like that

hoghearted

He's going to have to earn his spot back. No gifts or seniority points in Petrino's roster.
It really is this simple. Unchecked government power leads to corruption, and lack of accountability for it is drastically eroding confidence in our institutions.    aristotle

ProfusionalHog

I thought Tejada was capable of booting the kickoff out of the back of the endzone.  What happened to that?

razorback903

Quote from: hogfanwithms on September 06, 2008, 10:15:05 pm
He won't give up on him that quick.
There will be some serious competition for the job now.  That was 7 points we should of had.
John McCain likes to say that he'll follow bin Laden to the Gates of Hell, but he won't even follow him to the cave where he lives.

31to6

No. Great coaches bring out greatness. Tejada has talent he just has to find his game. If pressure is being applied then it has a purpose. Petrino seems like he gets hot under the collar, but I saw more than one shot of him walking calmly after a really horrible play--so if he is in someone's face there is probably a purpose to it.

My guess is he has been rehab'ing and working hard in practice or he would not be playing. Petrino has demostrated he will play the kid who wins the position and that nobody is safe.

My guess is he is kicking because he is booming them in practice. When a kid booms in practice and chokes in the game something is going on in his head. Sometimes the best way to bring a talented kid around is to piss him off or wake him up by getting in his face.

(It could be that Tejada is still not 100%, also. Not an excuse but it is a possibility.)

COCHISE

September 06, 2008, 10:22:33 pm #21 Last Edit: September 06, 2008, 10:26:23 pm by 870 RZR
Quote from: razorback903 on September 06, 2008, 10:19:02 pm
There will be some serious competition for the job now.  That was 7 points we should of had.
Not to mention his kickoff went out of bounds and gave ULM the ball on the 45 which led to a touchdown, Tejada's poor play accounted for a 14 point swing.  I hope this young man gets the help he needs, I don't think cussing him is the way to go, he's obviously got some issues going on right now.

El Puerco

I'm pretty sure he didn't even warm up with the rest of the kickers prior to the second half.  That's rough.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Petrino go back to Tejada....but tonight, it was ugly and was getting uglier quick.

hoghearted

Perhaps he aggravated an injury, and that is why we didn't see him in the second half?
It really is this simple. Unchecked government power leads to corruption, and lack of accountability for it is drastically eroding confidence in our institutions.    aristotle

JBucc

Who did we have kicking for us in the second half? Was it Davis?
Read the guidelines for signature images.

Jabroni

Quote from: BigoBoys on September 06, 2008, 10:14:53 pm
Yep, not slapping him on the helmet and then telling us "Man you really need that kick" from the Dork.  

but he was sooo close! and that boy has a lot of heart in him, i'll tell ya. man i love that helmet.

forrest city joe

Bottom line. Tejada  has to make those kicks. you are talking about FG's of 25 and 38 yards. and an extra point. and the kicks were not even close. he almost cost his team this game by leaving 7 points off the board. i too think we may see a change in PK's.

SquidBilly

Quote from: 870 RZR on September 06, 2008, 10:22:33 pm
Not to mention his kickoff went out of bounds and gave ULM the ball on the 45 which led to a touchdown, Tejada's poor play accounted for a 14 point swing.  I hope this young man gets the help he needs, I don't think cussing him is the way to do, he's obviously got some issues going on right now.

And a delay of game just prior to that kickoff that he kicked out of bounds.  I've watched a lot of football in my day and can honestly say I've never seen a delay of game on a kickoff before.

El Puerco

Quote from: JBucc on September 06, 2008, 10:26:18 pm

I don't know.  Everyone in our section was calling him "Not Tejada."

98hogs

Look Tejada needs to get his head out of his tail and earn the scholarship!  He was awesome at Springdale and kick over 90% of his kick offs out of the end zone.  Its in his head

Arkapigdiesel

I too am a skilled lip reader, and I clearly saw "are you sh*tting me" come from CBP's lips after Tejada's miss.
Quote from: Mike Irwin on September 27, 2012, 10:54:27 am
Show me a school that has rational fans and I'll show you a loser.

hoghearted

Quote from: JBucc on September 06, 2008, 10:26:18 pm
Haddock?

LAHOGG

To me it looked like he had something mental going on.  He needs some time on the bench for awhile to get out of this funk!  It reminded me of Bama's kicker a couple years ago. 

tendu

hogbud

springdale seems cursed.............

kimjongsqUeAl

I love BP!  I noticed the little "talk" he gave Tejada and I said, "Wow!  This coach is hard core."  The other coach we had would have kept Tejada in the game letting him continue to cost us points.  Bobby made the right decision IMO and I love his attitude towards the game: Do anything to win.  Petrino is a winner and he doesn't care, he will pull you so fast it will mess you up!

I feel bad for Tejada.  Is he injured still?  I wonder if his knee is still bothering him.  Each kicked he missed went WAAY left.  Is that a placement problem or what?  I really hope he gets out of this slump.  He is a good fb player and I hate it for him.
The Tree of Liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
- Thomas Jefferson

My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge...
- God

Granny fan

I heard earlier in the year that Tejada was one of the players who was complaining about how hard the coach was working them.  There may be something going on like a personality conflict.  I'm putting it mildly.

budcampbellfan

When you'rr kicking as bad as Tejada was tonite, you want to be pulled out for that game.  Something is wrong and I doubt seriously Tejada has any idea what it is.  He knows better than anyone else he has to find out quick what he is doing wrong.
"THE 'ARKANSAW RAZA'BACKS' ARE ON THE AIR!" - The late Bud Campbell at the beginning of each radio broadcast game.

OneLardAlmighty

Quote from: forrest city joe on September 06, 2008, 10:27:18 pm
Bottom line. Tejada  has to make those kicks. you are talking about FG's of 25 and 38 yards. and an extra point. and the kicks were not even close. he almost cost his team this game by leaving 7 points off the board. i too think we may see a change in PK's.

It's more than just leaving 7 points off the board.  Coming away with nothing after being in scoring position three times, missing the PAT which is always disastrous, and then having the comedy of kicking errors that followed resulted in a HUGE shift of momentum and damages us psychologically for the remainder of the 2nd and all of the 3rd quarter.  If we get any points out of those trips, and don't have that debacle, we would've continued the domination we showed in the beginning and it woudn't even have been close imho.

Razor6

Well........ last week....

4th Down and 10 yards to go versus WIU COULD have been a loss.

Thank goodness for Petrinos gambling ability.

-R6
I was there when we melted the internet!  Were you?

PIGINAPOKE

The best thing to happen to RRS is the moron will never bunny hop thru the tunnel again !

Why do rednecks call antlers horns? Are the deer woods really different than the Turkey woods? How much is a " Mess" of Crappie?

bknittin

Shay Haddock kicked the last two extra points. He is in his 3rd year of college, home town is Arlington TX. He RS last year after playing one year at TCU. I heard from a TCU student that he did not do well in spring ball his freshman year, so he transferred here to walk on. If he is our new kicker, I hope he is pumped after tonight, and ready to play in his home state next week. We need all the help we can get.

BigSexyHog

I feel bad for Tejada...  Probably the worst game of his life, but he can do one of two things. 

1. Tuck his tail between his legs and give up
or
2.  Get over it, move on and try to get better.

I hope he decides #2 cause I would like to see him contribute something positive to the team this year.
Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

Eddie Piggard

Quote from: wdremington on September 06, 2008, 10:20:05 pm
No. Great coaches bring out greatness. Tejada has talent he just has to find his game. If pressure is being applied then it has a purpose. Petrino seems like he gets hot under the collar, but I saw more than one shot of him walking calmly after a really horrible play--so if he is in someone's face there is probably a purpose to it.

My guess is he has been rehab'ing and working hard in practice or he would not be playing. Petrino has demostrated he will play the kid who wins the position and that nobody is safe.

My guess is he is kicking because he is booming them in practice. When a kid booms in practice and chokes in the game something is going on in his head. Sometimes the best way to bring a talented kid around is to piss him off or wake him up by getting in his face.

(It could be that Tejada is still not 100%, also. Not an excuse but it is a possibility.)
exactly!!  did anyone see the old piss/wf game in the closing minutes?  Monkey with a whistle was just going ape shiite, while grobe was cool calm and collected.
Pray for Obama. Psalms 109:8

Phenomenal One

Next thing you know Tejada will be transferring out too

mcfly5

Quote from: Granny fan on September 06, 2008, 10:35:44 pm
I heard earlier in the year that Tejada was one of the players who was complaining about how hard the coach was working them.  There may be something going on like a personality conflict.  I'm putting it mildly.

This is not true. Alex has said that they have been working them harder, but he NEVER complained about it. He had this same issue after being hurt before. Alex is not afraid to hard work and he will do his best to be back.

PositronHog

Quote from: Eddie Piggard on September 06, 2008, 10:54:39 pm
exactly!!  did anyone see the old piss/wf game in the closing minutes?  Monkey with a whistle was just going ape shiite, while grobe was cool calm and collected.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA, that one hurt my side!!!!!!!!! :P

Rayzback

Yeah, I like to see him back to money in the bank status
Quote from: BigSexyHog on September 06, 2008, 10:47:59 pm
I feel bad for Tejada...  Probably the worst game of his life, but he can do one of two things. 

1. Tuck his tail between his legs and give up
or
2.  Get over it, move on and try to get better.

I hope he decides #2 cause I would like to see him contribute something positive to the team this year.
Mellow is the man who knows what he's been missin

coachp

Hell remember the South Florida kicker who missed maybe five against Auburn two yeas ago.  I think he got it back together, good luck Tejeda.

iCalledThatHogBrotha!

Quote from: forrest city joe on September 06, 2008, 10:27:18 pm

You're right.  I feel for the kid though.  In retrospect, I don't think it helped with Petrino chewing his butt after missing the first.  Kickers are funny animals - you get in their head and destroy their confidence and then they'll continue to miss.  Still, can't miss an XP!

I hope he pulls it together, we can't afford that crap again.