Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

This guy not a fan of new uni's

Started by EternalSunshine, August 28, 2008, 02:17:51 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildhog

I don't care what we look like so long as we win.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

UhOhioHog

The Colorado Jersey's look like something a girl should wear.

jmingram911

Quote from: Wildhog on August 28, 2008, 02:27:29 pm
I don't care what we look like so long as we win.

Amen!  Preach it loud, brother!  The guy in the article makes some good points about the uni changes.

stlchiroHOG

like it was said earlier, this guy does a uni watch......i mean come on, he has nothing else to write about other than uniforms?

AirForceHog

THat guy is definately not for change.
If it turns, burns, banks or rolls, crew chiefs made it happen.

DeltaBoy

What 's up with ARKANSAS cross the front????? Bring back HOGS
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Wildhog

He did make a point about the name covering the stripes, to be fair.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: TexasHogfan on August 28, 2008, 02:31:34 pm
The Colorado Jersey's look like something a girl should wear.

Wasn't it Colorado that had the girl placekicker?  Just saying . . .

tiber

Have to say I liked last year's unis also....

As an aside... taking a look at this guy I can just imagine the ecstasy he experienced when he found out he was able to review football uniforms on young guys.

UhOhioHog

Quote from: Wild Bill Hog on August 28, 2008, 02:39:25 pm

If the shoe fits!

Keyser Sooieze

Quote from: Wildhog on August 28, 2008, 02:38:19 pm
I agree, would it be a problem to go without names on the back? 

jb11

Quote from: Wildhog on August 28, 2008, 02:38:19 pm

No he doesn't.  Most players besides Fish will be wearing a size larger than youth small (YS).

betterbates

Quote from: tiber on August 28, 2008, 02:39:51 pm
Have to say I liked last year's unis also....

As an aside... taking a look at this guy I can just imagine the ecstasy he experienced when he found out he was able to review football uniforms on young guys.

Wow, that's pretty classy. Really mature to pass judgement on folks without ever meeting them in person. I have never met him, but have checked out his blog. That does not give me the right to judge the guy, but I'm pretty sure he's not of the assumption you think he is. He does get paid to talk about uniforms. That is his job. And he does write about other things as well.
He makes good points about the jersey, it's the new adidas template. I'm indifferent about them, but I really liked the uniforms Arkansas had the past couple of seasons. It was a nice classic look.

spudhog

Can someone from espn please find something to critisize about our: school/state/coach/uni's and etc.

Hogginitall

Quote from: EternalSunshine on August 28, 2008, 02:17:51 pm
I'll wait to pass judgement until I see them on the field...

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=lukas/080828&lpos=spotlight&lid=tab5pos2

I'm not a fan of "sportswriters" who write about such things as a team's uniforms.  They should send him to Paris to cover the futbol.

fu-man-soo

this cat may want to work on his own appearance before he starts giving out fashion tips

Nutt Sack

No offense to the writer but what he thinks is cool isn't the same thing that is cool to an 18 year old.  I personally agree with him; I like traditional uniforms too but what I like more than that is winning and if crazy uniforms makes even one kid look at Arkansas than go crazy.
"Immigration policy should be generous; it should be fair; it should be flexible. With such a policy, we can turn to the world and to our own past, with clean hands and a clear conscience."
JFK, jr.

Hogginitall

Quote from: betterbates on August 28, 2008, 03:25:42 pm
Wow, that's pretty classy. Really mature to pass judgement on folks without ever meeting them in person. I have never met him, but have checked out his blog. That does not give me the right to judge the guy, but I'm pretty sure he's not of the assumption you think he is. He does get paid to talk about uniforms. That is his job. And he does write about other things as well.
He makes good points about the jersey, it's the new adidas template. I'm indifferent about them, but I really liked the uniforms Arkansas had the past couple of seasons. It was a nice classic look.

How much do they pay you to write about uniforms?

conman_7

Throw out the idea of the white being "tusks".  And I say they look pretty good!!  I know that a lot of old timers or traditionalists won't like things to change but get over it,  its 2008 look around things change.  (not always for the the better I know)  But I like the Uni's.

VirlBlack

Sad, but I do have to agree with him.  I think those "tusks" look ridiculous.

Michael Porkleone

Quote from: VirlBlack on August 28, 2008, 04:34:38 pm
Sad, but I do have to agree with him.  I think those "tusks" look ridiculous.

The new unis are growing on me...just wish ARKANSAS was bigger.
Quote from: Fayettechill14 on September 06, 2012, 05:43:24 pm
On a scale of "DGB is a Hog" to "Bobby had a girl on the back of that bike," how sure are you?

ALLVOL

I don't understand what all the talk about uniforms is about in the first place. If every team would just wear the classic ORANGE and White then life would be grand for all.... :)

betterbates

Quote from: Hogginitall on August 28, 2008, 03:42:39 pm
How much do they pay you to write about uniforms?

They don't. I was just voicing my opinion about what I thought like everyone else on here. I apologize if I am not allowed to do so.

Amityvillehogger

Quote from: ALLVOL on August 28, 2008, 04:48:49 pm
I don't understand what all the talk about uniforms is about in the first place. If every team would just wear the classic ORANGE and White then life would be grand for all.... :)

Orange is for sick people.
Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

razorback903

That guy is apparently a pee-on who begged and begged to be able to write an article.  So they told him to write one on jerseys.  "Here's you an assignment...schmuck."  "Oh and don't forget to include a lot of links embedded in the text...loser"
John McCain likes to say that he'll follow bin Laden to the Gates of Hell, but he won't even follow him to the cave where he lives.

tiber

Quote from: betterbates on August 28, 2008, 04:51:58 pm
They don't. I was just voicing my opinion about what I thought like everyone else on here. I apologize if I am not allowed to do so.

Opinion or passing judgement?  That's what I was doing right? 

Someone is touchy about loose loafer references.

ALLVOL

UhOhioHog

ALLVOL

Quote from: razorback903 on August 28, 2008, 04:55:39 pm
That guy is apparently a pee-on who begged and begged to be able to write an article.  So they told him to write one on jerseys.  "Here's you an assignment...schmuck."  "Oh and don't forget to include a lot of links embedded in the text...loser"

Now that is funny!

ALLVOL

UhOhioHog

Quote from: ALLVOL on August 28, 2008, 05:04:17 pm
Fixed it for you to too bro...

You get a pass on spelling.   Tennessee folks, Ha ;)!

ThisTeetsTaken

Quote from: Yindao on August 28, 2008, 04:37:35 pm
The new unis are growing on me...just wish ARKANSAS was bigger.
I think the opposite. I thought that the ARKANSAS on the unis last year were way too big but the new one is about the right size.  I would like to see us go to the jerseys Kentucky wore last year. I thought they were tight.
***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

ALLVOL

Quote from: TexasHogfan on August 28, 2008, 05:06:42 pm
You get a pass on spelling.   Tennessee folks, Ha ;)!

Good call. You got me

Michael Porkleone

Quote from: ThisTeetsTaken on August 28, 2008, 05:07:06 pm
I think the opposite. I thought that the ARKANSAS on the unis last year were way too big but the new one is about the right size.  I would like to see us go to the jerseys Kentucky wore last year. I thought they were tight.

Some people just aren't born with fashion sense...

:)
Quote from: Fayettechill14 on September 06, 2012, 05:43:24 pm
On a scale of "DGB is a Hog" to "Bobby had a girl on the back of that bike," how sure are you?

Ceba

Hogtropolis™

Looks like FIU is switching to basically the same Jersey's that we have.  I wonder if our pants will look like this.

usnavyhogfan

not a big fan of the new jerseys. i like last years better but as long as we win who cares?
The dream is free, the journey is not.

drivetimeporks

Quote from: Wild Bill Hog on August 28, 2008, 02:39:25 pm
colorado and their girly uniforms beat OU last year, and could very  likely line up and kick the hogs in the ass this year.. im just sayin...

ThisTeetsTaken

Quote from: Hogtropolis™ on August 28, 2008, 09:41:08 pm
Looks like FIU is switching to basically the same Jersey's that we have.  I wonder if our pants will look like this.

I've got a C-note that says they are just like these.  The stripe on the rib cage curves around to the back and matches up with those stripes on the pant leg.  I think they will look tight.
***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

Hoggish1

August 28, 2008, 11:02:42 pm #40 Last Edit: August 28, 2008, 11:10:13 pm by Hoggish1

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=lukas/080828&lpos=spotlight&lid=tab5pos2

Too many teams with the rib cage tusks.  Even ones with no connection to tusks.  Therefore those must not be tusks...

Who cares what they are, I guess, if you just win, baby.

But, I'm rather traditional about unis and hate to see good looking uniforms messed with.

Hogbody

I must say, I don't give a crap about what Uni's look like so long as a good Football teams is put on the field.

Hog-O-Licious

you know why i opened this?  to make fun of all you silly girls who care about how fashionable our uniforms  look.  "ohhhhh, im not sure about the white stripes with the red pants, maybe we should.........."  whatever fashion freaks.  go dress up your boyfriends, weirdos.
"Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein." --Joe Theismann

Gohawgs 71

Think the new jersey is cool.  Hopefully we'll incorporate a black uni to really piss of the old school 

pigsooie_73

I'm of the assumption that if Bobby Petrino can win at an .800 clip that no one will give a damn about what the uniforms will look like. Traditionalists may gripe and whine now and recruits might think that the new uniforms are cool, but winning will be all that matters in the end.

LM RZRBCK 29

Bobby P called it, they are TIGHT!!!
Quote from: NeverYield on April 15, 2011, 10:02:02 am
How do you know if you're done whiping?  Sniff the TP?

Quote from: OtterHog on April 15, 2011, 10:05:16 am
Its all about feel. It took years of training. Very rarely have I had to go back in for mop-up duty.

MuskogeeHogFan

No big deal, I like the jerseys, just stay away from red pants. The next step will be changing the helmet color to white.
Go Hogs Go!