Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Stencil of Hog is down in middle of DWRRS!

Started by WizardofhOgZ, August 27, 2008, 08:39:52 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

WizardofhOgZ

Well, we've known it was coming now for some time.  But I saw a pic on another board of players on the field today.  If you look closely, you can see the outline (in red) of the Hog between the 40's - so, as I reported when Jeff Long was in Dallas, the 35-to-35 rumors were a little exagerated. 

Here's the pic, with props to SwineOnYouCrazyDiamond on the HI board:

Feralhog

Quote from: WizardofhOgZ on August 27, 2008, 08:39:52 pm
Well, we've known it was coming now for some time.  But I saw a pic on another board of players on the field today.  If you look closely, you can see the outline (in red) of the Hog between the 40's - so, as I reported when Jeff Long was in Dallas, the 35-to-35 rumors were a little exagerated. 

Here's the pic, with props to SwineOnYouCrazyDiamond on the HI board:

Those look like people not stencils
Seer, Sage, Soothsayer and former Computer repairman for Hunter Biden......Feralhog the Magnificent

Porkerpower

Thanks for the pic.  I was wondering if it was going to happen.  Can't wait to see the finished product Sat. nite.

+1 to you and

SOOIE!

WizardofhOgZ

By the way, based on a smart-ass response to this post (which I see the mod has apparently removed - thanks!), I went digging to see if this had already been posted.  Went back three pages and didn't see it, but finally found it buried about 70 posts deep in this thread: "All (non human) hogs on the field inquiry's, go here. This includes popcorn hog". Apparently, it was posted there 2 or 3 hours ago.

I never would have seen it there, since that thread's been up for 3 or 4 days and had gotten so long.  So, props to whoever posted it there first.

Bottom line - I just saw it for the first time, didn't see it over here (and I DID look for more than a minute or two) and knew dozens of folks would like to see it also if they hadn't.

whatsshakinbacon

Feralhog

Quote from: WizardofhOgZ on August 27, 2008, 08:52:04 pm
By the way, based on a smart-ass response to this post (which I see the mod has apparently removed - thanks!), I went digging to see if this had already been posted.  Went back three pages and didn't see it, but finally found it buried about 70 posts deep in this thread: "All (non human) hogs on the field inquiry's, go here. This includes popcorn hog". Apparently, it was posted there 2 or 3 hours ago.

I never would have seen it there, since that thread's been up for 3 or 4 days and had gotten so long.  So, props to whoever posted it there first.

Bottom line - I just saw it for the first time, didn't see it over here (and I DID look for more than a minute or two) and knew dozens of folks would like to see it also if they hadn't.
I missed that post.  Looks like most people appreciate the effort.  Don't take these friks too serious, it'll kill your week 1 buzz 
Seer, Sage, Soothsayer and former Computer repairman for Hunter Biden......Feralhog the Magnificent

Hoggle

20 yards o' Hog - it would appear.  Not too big.  Will probably be pretty cool.

Austin Sowers

I posted this earlier on another board.  This is what the field will look like.  I matched the outline with a hog from the internet. 

axedawg

What's the end zones going to look like?  I was hoping they would be red with white lettering!!   8)

PigInaBlanket

anyone notice the endzone has Razorbacks in red with black outlines?  or is that just the stencil?

Austin Sowers

a few years ago they did a red background with white letters.  Am I the only one that remembers this?

Table Rocker

i like the arkansasrazorbacks.com banner in the back, much better than the hogwired.com one we used to have.

Austin Sowers

Quote from: Table Rocker on August 27, 2008, 09:19:27 pm
i like the arkansasrazorbacks.com banner in the back, much better than the hogwired.com one we used to have.

I just hope the other side looks like that.  The east side has some electrical boxes that the wrap has to go over.  They just let it hang around it last year.  Looked a little underwhelming.

mhsbc59

I have changed my sig line of over 4 years that was never a problem until May 5 ,2011

RhodeHog

Ray Zor

Thanks for the Pic.  This is a great move!
GO HOGS

Chappeee

Are there still going to be those smaller Hogs on the 25 yard lines?

braxhog

Looks like the same old 80's computer font in the endzones.

The_Iceman

Quote from: Chappeee on August 28, 2008, 08:03:06 am
Are there still going to be those smaller Hogs on the 25 yard lines?

i am almost 100% sure this answer is NO!

Dugann

By Gosh He Didn't Come Back To PAINT!!!!

sooieet

WPS

Can't wait to see it live and in person

Reaganite

Quote from: Dirk Pigler on August 28, 2008, 11:59:43 am
anybody been by lately to see if they have started filling it in yet?

I hope it doesn't rain.  We might have ourselves a pink porky pig at the 50.

Clint Alan

Quote from: Dirk Pigler on August 28, 2008, 11:59:43 am
anybody been by lately to see if they have started filling it in yet?

Im about to go wash my truck.......Ill do it at Suds on 6th street, then drive by the stadium......Ill take a pic if they have started painting it, to post on here for you num nuts..........

DISCLAIMER:.......each and every last one of you owe me a beer on Saturday.......
"It isn't hard to be good from time to time in sports. What's tough is being good every day." - Willie Mays

OnYourToes

Quote from: rubmyHOG on August 28, 2008, 12:28:49 pm
Im about to go wash my truck.......Ill do it at Suds on 6th street, then drive by the stadium......Ill take a pic if they have started painting it, to post on here for you num nuts..........

DISCLAIMER:.......each and every last one of you owe me a beer on Saturday.......

This will have to do as I can't make it down Saturday.

Quote from: Fresh Legs on September 22, 2006, 09:56:48 am
Quote from: OnYourToes on September 22, 2006, 09:48:23 am
The wife's b-day was this past Tuesday, I got her a gift certifiacte for a message, she is going to redeem it Saturday, around 2:35ish.  I had it planned all along.  House to myself, game on, free to yell as loud as I can!!!!!

You sir are a genius!

Abominable Hillbilly

I am starting to like Jeff Long a lot.  New coaches, new AD, new espn/cbs contract.  Can it get any better.
"The old man was a good man he raised his children right, taught us how to work hard and showed us how to fight, told us about the good lord and how to use a gun, made me very proud of where it is that I came from"  ***BLACKBERRY SMOKE***

deshahawg

I'm looking forward to seeing it. When we are on TV that should give us some more good press.

cmh_hog2

Quote from: Abominable Hillbilly on August 28, 2008, 01:18:20 pm
I am starting to like Jeff Long a lot.  New coaches, new AD, new espn/cbs contract.  Can it get any better.

How bout a national championship in the next 3 years

Clint Alan

"It isn't hard to be good from time to time in sports. What's tough is being good every day." - Willie Mays

greasy_corner

ThisTeetsTaken

I am loving the changes going on up on the hill these days.  We've FINALLY made the step into the 21st century. 
***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

biggiepiggie

Quote from: ThisTeetsTaken on August 28, 2008, 04:47:06 pm
I am loving the changes going on up on the hill these days.  We've FINALLY made the step into the 21st century. 

Put er there Pard.  You got that right.

The_Iceman

Quote from: ThisTeetsTaken on August 28, 2008, 04:47:06 pm

i just wish they would have kept the jerseys in 2007.

josh_sec33

Hey! I can see my seats in that picture. Sweet.
Quote from: Hogstocking on February 07, 2008, 11:45:16 am
The 'fence' has been replaced by the Great Wall of China wrapped in barbed wire guarded by snipers. 

Quote from: Fayettechill14 on September 06, 2012, 05:43:24 pm
On a scale of "DGB is a Hog" to "Bobby had a girl on the back of that bike," how sure are you?

Reaganite

Quote from: Abominable Hillbilly on August 28, 2008, 01:18:20 pm

Multiple sell outs this year and he might look close at building up the North endzone?

sigep mivers

when i went by at around 3 PM there was still just the outline and the endzones are going to be the same as recent years

ArchitectHog

August 28, 2008, 06:45:33 pm #36 Last Edit: August 28, 2008, 06:59:19 pm by ArchitectHog
No hog yet...as of 5:45

Games don't make people violent, lag does.
Quote from: KEYS on October 07, 2009, 10:45:57 am
The Hogs should play every HOME game in Little Rock just as soon as the campus is moved there... hence the meaning of "home."
Quote from: DEVICEHIGH on August 13, 2010, 08:47:52 am
We can no longer afford to play in Little Rock. The university is in Fayetteville.

titanhawg

August 28, 2008, 06:51:06 pm #37 Last Edit: August 28, 2008, 06:54:05 pm by titanhawg
Quote from: ArchitectHog on August 28, 2008, 06:45:33 pm
No hog yet...as of 5:45

Notice in your picture that they've filled in the red outlined letters in the endzone with white paint!  That's different, isn't it?

(Hey...what happened to your picture?)

ArchitectHog

Games don't make people violent, lag does.
Quote from: KEYS on October 07, 2009, 10:45:57 am
The Hogs should play every HOME game in Little Rock just as soon as the campus is moved there... hence the meaning of "home."
Quote from: DEVICEHIGH on August 13, 2010, 08:47:52 am
We can no longer afford to play in Little Rock. The university is in Fayetteville.

Dutch Creek Hog

Quote from: titanhawg on August 28, 2008, 06:51:06 pm

Notice in your picture that they've filled in the red outlined letters in the endzone with white paint!  That's different, isn't it?

No, thats the same.
I love guntr.

Feral Hog on 9/10/08 on Nutt's inability to conserve timeouts:
QuoteHe eats Timeouts like cocktail nuts... They're like quarters in the pocket of a 3 year old in a candy shop.

The_Iceman

TarHeel

Quote from: Austin Sowers on August 27, 2008, 09:12:36 pm

I posted this earlier on another board.  This is what the field will look like.  I matched the outline with a hog from the internet. 
Good work with that there computer.

SRFL

What do the chairbacks cost a piece per season?

HoosierDaddy

What?  No argument about how it should be spun around 180* for the folks on the E side?

J/k of course, but it wouldn't surprise me :)
"Objective Thinking Lives Here"

bigarrazorback

ehogfan08

fluffybunny

Quote from: SRFL on August 28, 2008, 09:35:32 pm
What do the chairbacks cost a piece per season?

35 a seat.

I hope to see the finished hog later on today.

Hogs GoneWild

I just drove by the stadium and the hog isn't done but they did redo the outline in black it makes it look a lot bigger and bolder

Clint Alan

I bet we end up with just an outline for this weekend.........Its looking like it is about to pour here in Fayetteville right now