Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Real Deal On The Hill moving to Little Rock!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Started by harrisburghog, August 27, 2008, 06:24:44 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

vandybuff

I have heard there were some complaints about teams flying to Little Rock and then driving to Fayetteville.  Would it not be wiser to fly to Tulsa if you wanted to go to Fayetteville?
What a wonderful time to rediscover the hobby for a lifetime - a great book!!!

A happy life is doing something "that matters".  So start today!!!!!

kimjongsqUeAl

The Tree of Liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
- Thomas Jefferson

My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge...
- God

NWASooner

Quote from: TheGunther on August 28, 2008, 08:35:30 am
What's the upside of Little Rock?  Um.. how about bigger facilites.  I bet you'll see this tourney moved to a little place called Alltel Arena.  WAY more people, More Parking, More seats to fill, more hotels.

Also, considering they will get people coming from Hot Springs up to Conway all the way to Pine Bluff coming I believe it is just a bigger draw and more money. 

Alltell Arena is in the ghetto.  Horrible part of town.  It's also smaller than BWA.

Philip Seaton

novack2

Ingram puts this tournament on for the Arkansas Hawks. All proceeds go to the Hawks AAU program. That program is based in Little Rock. The Hawks had to pay for hotel rooms and transportation in NWA for all of the Central Arkansas volunteers that went up there to help. You can imagine how much this hurt the proceeds for their AAU program.

Don't get confused who is putting the tournament on. It's not the UofA. Ingram obviously wants to help the UofA in anyway that he can, but more than that he wants to build the Hawks AAU program. It's a matter of math. It costs less for teams to fly into Little Rock. Little Rock can host more teams. This means more entry fees for the Hawks. They don't have to pay for hotel/transportation for the volunteers. This means more money for the Hawks. It's all about money at the end, and for the Hawks and Ingram that means bringing it to Little Rock.

Hog in LR

Quote from: Lando Calrissian on August 28, 2008, 02:43:32 am
Yay, so Little Rock gets back a tournament that no one (except about 40 or so major D-1 coaches) attends and the U of A loses the ultimate recruiting tool of having about a hundred of the top basketball recruits in country ON CAMPUS for a couple of days.

Good for you, Little Rock.  You win.  You're awesome.  Go Hogs?

(At least we know people can rent vans in Little Rock.  *whew!*)
Quote from: Lando Calrissian on August 28, 2008, 02:43:32 am
Yay, so Little Rock gets back a tournament that no one (except about 40 or so major D-1 coaches) attends and the U of A loses the ultimate recruiting tool of having about a hundred of the top basketball recruits in country ON CAMPUS for a couple of days.

Good for you, Little Rock.  You win.  You're awesome.  Go Hogs?

(At least we know people can rent vans in Little Rock.  *whew!*)

So, how many players have we signed who actually played in The Real Deal on the Hill? 

Since we've signed only 2 McDonald's All Americans in the past 12 years (only one made it to campus), I'd say the tournament wasn't doing much in terms of enhancing our recruitment of high profile players.

porky_teh_pig

Personally I think this is a slap to the face for NW Arkansas.  What's next?  Three games at War Memioral Stadium?
Carry a big stick and leave a big trail

The Hog

Quote from: novack2 on August 28, 2008, 02:13:22 pm
Ingram puts this tournament on for the Arkansas Hawks. All proceeds go to the Hawks AAU program. That program is based in Little Rock. The Hawks had to pay for hotel rooms and transportation in NWA for all of the Central Arkansas volunteers that went up there to help. You can imagine how much this hurt the proceeds for their AAU program.

Don't get confused who is putting the tournament on. It's not the UofA. Ingram obviously wants to help the UofA in anyway that he can, but more than that he wants to build the Hawks AAU program. It's a matter of math. It costs less for teams to fly into Little Rock. Little Rock can host more teams. This means more entry fees for the Hawks. They don't have to pay for hotel/transportation for the volunteers. This means more money for the Hawks. It's all about money at the end, and for the Hawks and Ingram that means bringing it to Little Rock.
Does Ingram have any ties to U of A? 

It is a move that makes sense to me but some like to tell other folks how to spend their money.  If it is so important to them, maybe they should fork over the money to keep it going in Fayetteville.
Automatic RUN!

3kgthog

This sucks for the Hogs. We got an invaluable number of free campus visits out of that tournament.