Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

re: W. Hall's article "Real Deal on the hill to L.R.

Started by labb, August 27, 2008, 01:09:08 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

labb

Makes sense some of what he says, but why not limit the no. of teams at the Real Deal On the Hill and see what happens with Ron Crawford's Old School tournament in Conway..Me thinks that we are too quick in wanting to move a very suscessful tournament from Fay to L.R.. Not even mentioning what it does for Razorback BB recruiting.Be it not me to argue with Mr. Hall.

The_Iceman

absolutely stupid idea to move it away from fayetteville.

Porkatarian

I don't think that Ingram's decision to move the Real Deal has anything to do with how this might effect our recruiting.

It's about putting together the biggest and the best AAU tournament around.   Ron Crawford is competition to him.

Porkatarian out...
"I came here to win the SEC and that is exactly what we are going to do."

I agree it hurts our recruiting, but you can't blame Ingram for wanting to be closer to home and put on an even bigger tourney.

Porkatarian

Maybe Crawford will move his Old School Tournament to Fayetteville!  ;)

Porkatarian out...
"I came here to win the SEC and that is exactly what we are going to do."

hawgdawg

Real Deal would not have been welcomed back into several of the gyms in NWA ...

PigSnort

Quote from: hawgdawg on August 27, 2008, 11:10:03 pm
Real Deal would not have been welcomed back into several of the gyms in NWA ...

Expound please.

hawgdawg

Failure to properly supervise games and even more importantly supervise fans was going to cost Real Deal some of the gyms. This may not have even been a factor in them moving to LR. There was at least one incident last year of a group of fans being very vocal, cussing, bad-mouthing, yelling and name-calling players on opposing team. No one from Real Deal was around to control the parents. Was a very ugly situation and had the potential to turn violent.