Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The PPV Thread (merged)

Started by Karma, August 26, 2008, 09:19:48 am

Previous topic - Next topic

hogsanity

Quote from: IndyHog76 on August 27, 2008, 06:05:10 pm
Yes, I am in 100 percent agreement with the Gameplan game being blacked out in Arkansas.  They've got to get their money from you in-state owners of the Gameplan package! 
However, I bet it will be there to be available to us out-of-staters (whatever game it may end up being).

I would agree.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

A-Town Hog Fan

???

Please just tell us something, we can work out the details later.
Lord help us all!

Cave City Joe

Still no woed from UA.  Must be going to have a Friday 3pm presser. 
"When you're part of a team, you stand up for your teammates. Your loyalty is to them. You protect them through good and bad, because they'd do the same for you."  <br />Yogi Berra

hogsanity

They cant announce any plans for any conference games because of the short windows that CBS/ESPN/RAYCOM have for choosing games.  The only games they could give firm plans for at this time would be ULM and Tulsa.  I doubt they would annonce on Tulsa this far out because it could hurt attendance.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

dahogs23

Sorry if everyone knows this but unfortunately I live in Houston and don't know yet. People in NWA are telling me the Western Illinois game is on ppv. If true, can I get it on Comcast down here?

Reaganite

Don't go startin' rumors ;)

There's been no word on it.

dahogs23

Sorry, just repeating what i was told from NWA.

Rod6275

Choose This Day Who you will Serve...As For Me...It  Is The Hogs !

BloodRedHog

OK, let me get this straight....

If it's PPV and the UA originates it....

AR residents could probably only pick it up by paying PPV from the local cable provider who is doing the PPV....

CO residents (me) and others could see it on ESPN GamePlan...the UA could NOT black it out for GamePlan viewers out of state...
Handling all your mortgage and home financing needs...

hendrix08hog

The longer we wait, the more likely it is this weekend. I don't mind waiting.
FTS BABY

JMartin_AF1

I hope it's on game plan, but one of my coworkers is a Texas fan and their game is on pay-per-view but not on game plan. They can get it via cable in Texas or on a satellite.

Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson

HEY IT'S OFFICIAL.    We still know nothing.....
Let's make some waves.

razorhog29

Jeff long said on the radiod (Bo Matinglys show) that ppv would only be avaliable to arkansas only. This means no ppv for u out of staters. Don't shoot the messanger. I listen to this myself last week.

razorhog29

No ppv for out of staters. I heard this from Jeff Long on the Radio 103.7 the buzz (Bo mattinglys show). I am 100% sure of this. Don't shoot the messanger. Sorry.

IndyHog76

What you are saying would be somewhat correct.  We couldn't actually buy the game like those who are in state could, however, if Gameplan did have it, out-of-staters would have it.

Quote from: razorhog29 on August 28, 2008, 03:12:00 am
No ppv for out of staters. I heard this from Jeff Long on the Radio 103.7 the buzz (Bo mattinglys show). I am 100% sure of this. Don't shoot the messanger. Sorry.

ProfusionalHog

razorsharptusk

I'm just glad I bought game plan so I don't have to worry about it. If it's on, I watch, if it's not, I'll listen.  I'm in Alabama and hope like crazy I get to see it.  Whomever it is make the stinking decision already!!
GO HOGS!!

razorsharptusk

I see.  It almost appears that it's not going to be on PPV or surely to goodness somebody would have enlightened us by now.
GO HOGS!!

hogsanity

Quote from: rzrbkman on August 28, 2008, 10:12:36 am
The decision may have already been made. They will probably only make an official announcement if the W. Illinois game is going to be PPV. Otherwise, no announcement, no PPV.

It would be next to mpssible to do it this weekend.  Cable cos would have no chance to market it.  ULM is much more likely.  Now, of course 10 seconds from now they will announce WIU, and I will look stupid, but I am used to that.

Erockster20

I would think its too late to do WI.  I would expect for it to be ULM at this point.

razorhog29

So lets get this strait. If you have cable in state u can ppv the game? If u have cable out of state u can not ppv it? If you have Satilite in state and if it's on gameplan u can not ppv it? If you have Satilite out of state and if its on gameplan you can ppv it?  Is it just me or is this freaking retarded?

IndyHog76

It's actually very easy to understand.
If you have Gameplan in Arkansas and it is shown on Gameplan, it will be blacked out on Gameplan.  You'll have to dish out the extra cash to watch it on PPV (even though it is on Gameplan).  If you are in state, you order the PPV broadcast - not at all related to Gameplan.

Quote from: razorhog29 on August 29, 2008, 01:57:07 am
So lets get this strait. If you have cable in state u can ppv the game? If u have cable out of state u can not ppv it? If you have Satilite in state and if it's on gameplan u can not ppv it? If you have Satilite out of state and if its on gameplan you can ppv it?  Is it just me or is this freaking retarded?

Ex-Trumpet

So, can we watch the friggin' game here in DFW or not?
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

HoginIllinois

August 29, 2008, 08:01:49 am #123 Last Edit: August 29, 2008, 08:08:06 am by Hog Nutts
If you Live in Arkansas or Louisiana only you can watch PPV, not Gameplan.

If you do not live in Arkansas or Louisiana you cannot watch PPV.

If you do not live in Arkanasas or Louisiana you may be able to watch it on Gameplan IF they choose to carry it.

HoopS

You can watch it online on RZ but you'll still have to purchase it.

IndyHog76

Cajun Hog

Quote from: Arkapigdiesel on August 27, 2008, 04:24:40 pm
Does anyone have any info as to what flippin games are going to be PPV?

ULM will on PPV for $34.99.

Landonhog

Should be blacked out in our area, though...

razorsharptusk

August 29, 2008, 08:42:53 am #129 Last Edit: August 29, 2008, 08:45:29 am by razorsharptusk
Gameplan hasn't decided wether they are going to pick it up or not.  For fans like me that live out of state, it's either Gameplan pick it up so you can see it, or pay and watch it on Razorvision.

EDIT:  I stand corrected, according to the other post and the schedule on ESPN, it will be on GamePlan next week.
GO HOGS!!

IndyHog76

Mainly information for the numerous out-of-state Hog fans that have been wondering so much in the last couple of days (such as myself).

razorsharptusk

That's a big 10-4!!  Man, I'm glad gameplan picked this up.
GO HOGS!!

hognelson

Quote from: IndyHog76 on August 29, 2008, 08:50:59 am
Mainly information for the numerous out-of-state Hog fans that have been wondering so much in the last couple of days (such as myself).
Thx Indy!

SquidBilly

I think someone on here mentioned that Gameplan could be purchased on a week by week basis.  Does anyone know if that is true and to order a week would I just have to call my cable company?

Ray Zor

Quote from: ATLpiggie on August 29, 2008, 09:04:04 am
I think someone on here mentioned that Gameplan could be purchased on a week by week basis.  Does anyone know if that is true and to order a week would I just have to call my cable company?

Very True in the past.  I have done that exact thing.  Just call your provider.
GO HOGS

IndyHog76

Yep Ray Zor, had it ordered for the first time this year prior to today's information and now it is definitely even more worth it now! 
Our small Indianapolis group will definitely be quite happy next Saturday.

SquidBilly

Quote from: Ray Zor on August 29, 2008, 09:05:00 am
Very True in the past.  I have done that exact thing.  Just call your provider.

Thanks Ray Zor, +1

pissedhogfan

Ok, so if I live in Arkansas and have DirecTv, there is no way for me to buy the game??   

Is this correct?
Go Hogs!

Ray Zor

Quote from: IndyHog76 on August 29, 2008, 09:07:21 am
Yep Ray Zor, had it ordered for the first time this year prior to today's information and now it is definitely even more worth it now! 
Our small Indianapolis group will definitely be quite happy next Saturday.

Awesome to have my boys in Indy watchin the Hogs!  I bought Game plan yesterday on the early bird for $109.
GO HOGS

IndyHog76

I would have to say that is not correct.  I could be wrong, but even if you have Gameplan already , would have to guess that you'd still be able to pay the 34.99 and get the game. 
Hell, call DirecTV now.  I'm sure they'll tell you what you can do.

Quote from: pissedhogfan on August 29, 2008, 09:12:51 am
Ok, so if I live in Arkansas and have DirecTv, there is no way for me to buy the game??  

Is this correct?

SquidBilly

I just called the cable company and it is $21.95 for a week of ESPN gameplan.  That's $13 less than I'd have to pay to watch it if I lived in Arkansas.  WPS!!!!

Ray Zor

Quote from: ATLpiggie on August 29, 2008, 09:24:57 am
I just called the cable company and it is $21.95 for a week of ESPN gameplan.  That's $13 less than I'd have to pay to watch it if I lived in Arkansas.  WPS!!!!

I agree but it will be blacked out here.  They know how to make every buck they can.  I bought game plan and will still have to buy the PPV.
GO HOGS

Bama Hog™

Quote from: SILK PURSE on October 03, 2008, 09:34:24 am
MM and DW are to be lauded as Arkansas sports heroes for their overall contribution, not just on the playing field during one season, but also for the sacrifices that they made which ensured the dismantling of the Frank Broyles machine. 

SquidBilly

Quote from: Ray Zor on August 29, 2008, 09:28:48 am
I agree but it will be blacked out here.  They know how to make every buck they can.  I bought game plan and will still have to buy the PPV.

Well that stinks.

Bama Hog™

From DirecTV's website:

There are two main components to the ESPN GamePlan college football subscription. The first part includes the ABC Sports regionally televised games shown simultaneously, and the second part includes regionally syndicated games from top NCAA Division I conferences shown in various markets around the country.

ESPN GamePlan is subject to blackouts for those games in your designated region. As ABC Sports simultaneously broadcasts several games to different regions of the country, ESPN GamePlan subscribers will see one game each week on their local ABC station instead of as part of the subscription. As a result, if you are an ESPN GamePlan subscriber, the game(s) shown on the ABC affiliate within the local market will be blacked out. The same may apply to some regionally syndicated games. ESPN GamePlan subscribers may receive some games via local TV stations. Those games may also be available in the subscription or, in limited situations, could be available only via the local station and not be duplicated in the subscription.

-------------

Anyone know if this means it is blacked out in SEC markets outside of Arkansas?
Quote from: SILK PURSE on October 03, 2008, 09:34:24 am
MM and DW are to be lauded as Arkansas sports heroes for their overall contribution, not just on the playing field during one season, but also for the sacrifices that they made which ensured the dismantling of the Frank Broyles machine. 

IndyHog76

VERY unlikely.  They should have a blackout map on the site by early next week.

Quote from: Bama Hog™ on August 29, 2008, 09:46:20 am
From DirecTV's website:

There are two main components to the ESPN GamePlan college football subscription. The first part includes the ABC Sports regionally televised games shown simultaneously, and the second part includes regionally syndicated games from top NCAA Division I conferences shown in various markets around the country.

ESPN GamePlan is subject to blackouts for those games in your designated region. As ABC Sports simultaneously broadcasts several games to different regions of the country, ESPN GamePlan subscribers will see one game each week on their local ABC station instead of as part of the subscription. As a result, if you are an ESPN GamePlan subscriber, the game(s) shown on the ABC affiliate within the local market will be blacked out. The same may apply to some regionally syndicated games. ESPN GamePlan subscribers may receive some games via local TV stations. Those games may also be available in the subscription or, in limited situations, could be available only via the local station and not be duplicated in the subscription.

-------------

Ray Zor

Quote from: Bama Hog™ on August 29, 2008, 09:46:20 am
From DirecTV's website:

-------------

Very doubtful.  From may past experience they try to keep blackouts within that state only.  Don't hold me to that, but I would bet our GAME PLAN version of the game will not be available in LA and AR, but everywhere else.  The PPV will only be available to AR and LA.  Sounds crazy but what usually happens.  Clear as mud huh???
GO HOGS

HotlantaHog

Very good news -- I will be at the game, but will DVR it and watch it again....

s.a.m.

I haven't got a clear answer anywhere on this.  Will in-state Dish customers be able to buy the ULM game?