Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Six secondary violations in past 18 months

Started by Hawg Barry, August 22, 2008, 05:41:26 am

Previous topic - Next topic

The Boar War

I'm not sure if we need to thank Patrick or The Morning News.  ::)

harmonyhog

Pel needs to read the NCAA manual a little more carefully.

kimjongsqUeAl

I hope nothing major becomes of this.  Do I need to worry, guys, or not??
The Tree of Liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
- Thomas Jefferson

My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge...
- God

Seebs

This is sloppy stuff. Inadvertedly sent mass text and another inadvertant text to a mom? Not sure how this could be inadvertant.

No idea what the NCAA does to us.
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

kimjongsqUeAl

At least we reported it instead of the almighty NCAA finding out first.  They look at that with kinder eyes I've heard.
The Tree of Liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
- Thomas Jefferson

My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge...
- God

Brian the Turrible

August 22, 2008, 09:55:55 am #6 Last Edit: August 22, 2008, 10:23:30 am by passtheball
Yea, Sorry man I inadvertently kissed your girlfriend. I'm telling you about it before she does, so it's ok, right?

Jeeze guys that's a joke. Pel is going to have some growing pains. That comes with an up and coming coach. There's probably several things he did at S. Bama because nobody cared that he can't do at an SEC school. Stuff you could even do as an assistant at FL that you can't get away with as a head man. He'll learn and we'll be fine. I say we get nothing from this. Give em Pel baby!!!!
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

chiefsfan

Quote from: Seebs on August 22, 2008, 08:58:55 am
This is sloppy stuff. Inadvertedly sent mass text and another inadvertant text to a mom? Not sure how this could be inadvertant.

No idea what the NCAA does to us.

NCAA does nothing.   There is no punishment for Secondary Violations as long as you dont consistantly break them

I wont complain about the illegal teaching of skills thing...Id break that rule myself if I was a coach
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

chiefsfan

Quote from: harmonyhog on August 22, 2008, 07:38:32 am
Pel needs to read the NCAA manual a little more carefully.

Whats the old saying

Its only cheating if you get caught
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

Adam Stokes

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

heathtits

Sweet, six violations whilst still losing top recruits to other programs. I'm stoked.

TheArkansasTraveller

Quote from: kim_jong_sqUeAl on August 22, 2008, 08:22:33 am
I hope nothing major becomes of this.  Do I need to worry, guys, or not??

Dudley Dawson says there's three types of NCAA violations.  Major, Minor, and Secondary.   The 6 violations are secondary which means they were basically mistakes.   Few were done by the former coaching staff. 

opineonswine

Quote from: TheArkansasTraveller on August 22, 2008, 01:26:39 pm
Dudley Dawson says there's three types of NCAA violations.  Major, Minor, and Secondary.   The 6 violations are secondary which means they were basically mistakes.   Few were done by the former coaching staff. 

I think most were on Stanley's watch.

zebra

I think missed FT's are a major infraction.

PigSnort

One article said secondary infractions carry no penalty unless they occur repeatedly.

farmhawg

I thought the article said the latest infraction was Feb. '07. That was before Pel.
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

chiefsfan

Quote from: heathtits on August 22, 2008, 12:56:24 pm
Sweet, six violations whilst still losing top recruits to other programs. I'm stoked.

one problem with your logic.   Those violations all occured prior to Pelphrey becoming head coach.

RedSatinHog

Quote from: chiefsfan on August 22, 2008, 10:41:02 pm
one problem with your logic.   Those violations all occured prior to Pelphrey becoming head coach.

Look at it objectively.  It was the only way Stan Heath could get top notch recruits to even look at his program.  He's South Florida's problem now.
Pts/Game: 122nd
Rebounds/Game: 208th
Assists/Game:  240th
FG%:  173rd

Jeffcphog

Quote from: chiefsfan on August 22, 2008, 10:41:02 pm
one problem with your logic.   Those violations all occured prior to Pelphrey becoming head coach.

Stop it.  You are using fact.  You know that is not allowed here.  j/k