I have several of these and you can do it a couple of ways. Here is the easiest way I have found to do it.
1. I cut the noodle into about 10inch pieces.
2. I cut a medal close hanger into about 4 inch pieces.
3. I stick the close hanger through the noodle about 3 inches from one end.
4. I then bend both ends of the close hanger back into the noodle.
5. I then run my line through the end of the noodle and tie it to the hanger inside the noodle.
6. Then I put my weight at the end of my line and my hook about a foot above that.
7. Put some reflective tape at opposite end from the hanger.
When pushing the hanger back into the noodle I try to make sure I can pull one side back out so I can shorten my line if need be. I hope this help!