Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What's the real deal on Patrick Beverly????

Started by bythelake, August 16, 2008, 11:43:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

bythelake

Just saw on KNWA news that PB said that grades were not the issue.  He said that he never missed class.  He said that he violated NCAA rules by going over the coaches head. 

Yes, it was vague on exactly what he did. 

Does anybody know?

pigsooie_73

Student privacy laws. Only Patrick Beverly can tell us if he ever wants to.

neahog

Despite the great freshman class this is a huge loss for the Hogs. Bev was going to be the leader of this team. He was the guy with the most experience as well as the leading scorer. Does anyone know if he's gonna play somewhere else? I heard he was going to Europe.
"I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle." -Winston Churchill

stchane

I've heard unsubstantiated reports that he got caught cheating on a test, and was thrown out of school. 
For all your Razorback Football Needs: http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=stchane

SPAL

drivetimeporks

hogninja

My question is when he signed with the agent to play overseas? :razorback:

PorkerOinker

Quote from: hogninja on August 17, 2008, 01:40:05 am
My question is when he signed with the agent to play overseas? :razorback:

Are you asking if he did this or saying he did this.
"America promises equal opportunity, not equal outcomes"-Paul Ryan

hogninja

Quote from: PorkerOinker on August 17, 2008, 01:50:25 am
Are you asking if he did this or saying he did this.

See previous posts that shows he is playing overseas. my question is when that was finalized. :razorback:

retired-rambler

Going over the coaches head is an NCAA violation??  Give me an example!!!

wooo

Quote from: retired-rambler on August 17, 2008, 07:40:31 am
Going over the coaches head is an NCAA violation??  Give me an example!!!

would contacting another D1 coach about transferring be going over the coaches head?

I have no news--I'm just speculating out loud

Hawg Barry

It was worded wrong.
He said that the decision to dismiss him was over the coach's head, ie univ. pres or AD.

PetrinoBall is rolling!!

WilsonHog

I'm just not real sure that someone who messes up so badly that the top brass of the entire University sends him packing can be thought of as a "team leader."

vol_in_ar

Quote from: Boarcephus on August 17, 2008, 02:43:42 pm
his girlfriend my have been right all along when she accused him of having taken cash from an agent.

ding, ding, ding
winner, winner, chicken dinner

stlchiroHOG

Quote from: bigheadred on August 17, 2008, 04:27:34 pm
I read that he and his tutor turned in a paper from the year before as his own.

this doesnt get you kicked out, it gives you an F, but not tossed out of school and kicked off the team

chiefsfan

Quote from: vol_in_ar on August 17, 2008, 02:47:59 pm
ding, ding, ding
winner, winner, chicken dinner

Dont you have another NCAA tourney choke job to celebrate?
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

Warthog

stronguard

If you don't know, now you know.

Chief Idiot of the Tavern

"Woke" is a term made up by people who have appointed themselves as intellectually superior as a way to describe themselves in comparison with those whom they deem ignorant.

olblueyes

Patrick has not signed with the Pro Agency just yet and published in the attached article. The pot only thickens!.!. There is way more to this than what is out there. I have to respect the University for taking the stand they have.
http://www.nwanews.com/adg/Sports/234628/
Following, supporting, and rooting the hogs on 24/7 X 365!!!!

Hawgrox

Quote from: olblueyes on August 18, 2008, 10:03:13 am
Patrick has not signed with the Pro Agency just yet and published in the attached article. The pot only thickens!.!. There is way more to this than what is out there. I have to respect the University for taking the stand they have.
http://www.nwanews.com/adg/Sports/234628/

Man..if my pot thickens anymore I won't be able to break it up! ;)

Sorry...couldn't resist.

This is pretty sad...no NCAA's this year!

opineonswine

Quote from: chiefsfan on August 17, 2008, 10:52:22 pm
Dont you have another NCAA tourney choke job to celebrate?

I'm beginning to wonder if he wants to become a Razorback fan.  Maybe he's tired of that gawd awful orange and the "almosts" the Vols put up.

The Hog

Sunshine Rick mentioned it today on DTS.  He was not sure what is going on but he did say it was over the coaches head and could involve NCAA violations.  Take it for what it is worth. 
Automatic RUN!

student hog

Quote from: stchane on August 17, 2008, 01:15:46 am
I've heard unsubstantiated reports that he got caught cheating on a test, and was thrown out of school. 

That doesn't make sense bc the UofA has a two times policy. The first time you get caught on a paper, test, or homework you get written up  and the second time you're out.  So if he cheated, he had to have been caught twice.

stronguard

Quote from: student hog on August 18, 2008, 11:35:20 pm
That doesn't make sense bc the UofA has a two times policy. The first time you get caught on a paper, test, or homework you get written up  and the second time you're out.  So if he cheated, he had to have been caught twice.

This particular subject now has a no tolerance policy.
If you don't know, now you know.

Chief Idiot of the Tavern

"Woke" is a term made up by people who have appointed themselves as intellectually superior as a way to describe themselves in comparison with those whom they deem ignorant.

This Hogville bunch should go into the milking business.  We can milk more out of nothing than any group I've ever been associated with.  What do we really know.  It has been posted in the media that Patrick Beverly will not play basketball for the University for the 08/09 season.  Beverly has also seemed to confirm this.  Thats about all we know and its been rumored ever since.  Here, lets get a real good one going.  I picked up a hitchhiker from Maine who has a cousin who lives in Seattle that slept with a UA english profs daughter while on a cruise this summer and the daughter says Beverly knocked up both her mother and her older sister on the same night and the professor walked in on the whole shebang, got all bent out of shape, went to the UA BOT and got Beverly run off the team.  While I consider this very realible info, I do have an Uncle who lives in Maine that thinks he knows the hitchhikers brothers wife and I've asked him to check it all out and get back.

porky_teh_pig

Quote from: 12247 on August 23, 2008, 08:03:35 pm
This Hogville bunch should go into the milking business.  We can milk more out of nothing than any group I've ever been associated with.  What do we really know.  It has been posted in the media that Patrick Beverly will not play basketball for the University for the 08/09 season.  Beverly has also seemed to confirm this.  Thats about all we know and its been rumored ever since.  Here, lets get a real good one going.  I picked up a hitchhiker from Maine who has a cousin who lives in Seattle that slept with a UA english profs daughter while on a cruise this summer and the daughter says Beverly knocked up both her mother and her older sister on the same night and the professor walked in on the whole shebang, got all bent out of shape, went to the UA BOT and got Beverly run off the team.  While I consider this very realible info, I do have an Uncle who lives in Maine that thinks he knows the hitchhikers brothers wife and I've asked him to check it all out and get back.

Have you heard anything about any incoming freshmen so we can be prepared?
Carry a big stick and leave a big trail

The Hog

Quote from: porky_teh_pig on August 23, 2008, 09:49:19 pm
Have you heard anything about any incoming freshmen so we can be prepared?
I think you answered your on question.  They are freshmen.  It is like shooting craps.  You do not know what number you roll until the die stop.  Like freshmen, put them on the court and see what happens.  So are good and some are projects.
Automatic RUN!