Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Some Good News.....

Started by Marc Maggard, August 16, 2008, 12:55:38 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Marc Maggard

August 16, 2008, 12:55:38 pm Last Edit: August 16, 2008, 01:23:49 pm by Marc Maggard
While losing Beverly isn't a great thing, obviously, there is some good news for Ark fans.

Word out of Ark is that they think Rotnei Clarke is ready to play as a freshman.  He's worked REALLY hard since arriving on campus and is physically and mentally in the best shape of his life.  In 8 weeks, he went form second slowest on the team to second fastest.  He's playing at rim level due to his conditioning as well.....and you can't ignore his jumper....and his floater.

Also, kids are starting to hear from the NCAA now.  About a week ago, they started clearing bball players.  It won't be long before you get word on Fortson.  He should be on campus by the 25th if he is cleared and that word should be coming in soon.

Pel is a very good coach and will make things happen for you guys....just hang in there.

mm

jgphillips3

Quote from: Marc Maggard on August 16, 2008, 12:55:38 pm
Word out of Ark is that they Rotnei Clarke.

Is that similar to: "I just Steven Hill"?

In all seriousness, thanks for some good news.  It's been a tough few weeks.

TomasPistola

Quote from: Marc Maggard on August 16, 2008, 12:55:38 pm
While losing Beverly isn't a great thing, obviously, there is some good news for Ark fans.

Word out of Ark is that they Rotnei Clarke is ready to play as a freshman.  He's worked REALLY hard since arriving on campus and is physically and mentally in the best shape of his life.  In 8 weeks, he went form second slowest on the team to second fastest.  He's playing at rim level due to his conditioning as well.....and you can't ignore his jumper....and his floater.

Also, kids are starting to hear from the NCAA now.  About a week ago, they started clearing bball players.  It won't be long before you get word on Fortson.  He should be on campus by the 25th if he is cleared and that word should be coming in soon.

Pel is a very good coach and will make things happen for you guys....just hang in there.

mm

Good info. Thanks Marc.
Quote from: Hog Momster on January 06, 2011, 09:45:30 pm
You were right.
Quote from: Breems on April 28, 2011, 05:58:14 pm
You did a great job.
Quote from: Verge on June 22, 2011, 08:44:20 am
If you have some form of mental retardation i will stop making fun of you, just want to clarify this first.

Marc Maggard

jgphillips3

Quote from: Marc Maggard on August 16, 2008, 01:24:08 pm
fixed...

I was just kidding around.  I do appreciate the good news.  The uncertainty of the clearinghouse has been weighing on me.

Adam Stokes

The main suspect concerning Rotnei was his defense.  Has the improvement of his speed helped with his lateral quickness, and his overall guarding skills?

sirhog

Thanks Marc. I cant wait to see the kid play.

Hoggy1

This team is gonna be identical to Florida last year...

is it too much to say that, Rotnei is better than Calathes?

Idk why...something about N. Calathes game just makes me wanna :puke:
You must be smokin somethin if you think I ain't smokin nothin

mbgrulz

if we get fortson and henry, we will be a lot better than florida.

similar? yes in terms of style and experience. however, i think we are more talented as a whole team.

XPS

Quote from: GiveEmHellPel on August 16, 2008, 03:49:27 pm
This team is gonna be identical to Florida last year...

is it too much to say that, Rotnei is better than Calathes?

Idk why...something about N. Calathes game just makes me wanna :puke:

Yes it is and i agree with you, however Nick is very good...

Billy

Nick Calathes is good, but i firmly believe that Rot. will be a much more prolific scorer than NC. NC is a great passer/facillitator for a 6-6 guy, but i think RC will be dang near impossible to keep under 15 a game without completely face-guarding him.

mlloyd4

Quote from: XPS on August 16, 2008, 08:35:48 pm
Yes it is and i agree with you, however Nick is very good...

I don't follow UF enough to know what their weakness and strength is.  It would seem to me that they will be a year older this season and have some great opportunities in the East.  If the two teams are similar, Arkansas would then benefit most in 2009 and 2010.

WPS

yraciv

I have a strong feeling Rotnei Clarke is going to be one of those guys the rest of the SEC hates.  Does he not have that look of a guy you love to hate due to their success in NCAA basketball?

cobra kai

Quote from: yraciv on August 16, 2008, 11:07:29 pm
I have a strong feeling Rotnei Clarke is going to be one of those guys the rest of the SEC hates.  Does he not have that look of a guy you love to hate due to their success in NCAA basketball?

uh... no.

opineonswine

yes

XPS

Quote from: mlloyd4 on August 16, 2008, 11:01:33 pm
I don't follow UF enough to know what their weakness and strength is.  It would seem to me that they will be a year older this season and have some great opportunities in the East.  If the two teams are similar, Arkansas would then benefit most in 2009 and 2010.

Quote from: mlloyd4 on August 16, 2008, 11:01:33 pm

Fla should be much better, but there schedule is a JOKE and will not do them any favors come selection sunday time. If Forston and Henry are cleared, Arkansas will be very young, but very talented and should win many games this year, the West will be very weak in my opinion...

Warthog

This whole clearinghouse issue can't be cleared up soon enough though - very nervous about it.  If they don't make it here - Yikes!

Smithian

I still hate Lee Humphrey. Dude could hit a shot but nothing else, yet Florida fans thought he was God.

cobra kai

Quote from: Smithian on August 17, 2008, 02:40:31 pm
I still hate Lee Humphrey. Dude could hit a shot but nothing else, yet Florida fans thought he was God.

I don't know what there is to hate about Lee Humphrey.  We've been missing a player like that for too long now.  And no, they didn't think he was God -- they just thought he was a helluva shooter who helped them win 2 championships. 

honestabe

Billy

Lee Humphrey was a decent athlete also. i think i saw somewhere that he is a cycling fanatic. he rides a crazy amount of miles every day.

Humphrey did not need to do anything more than hit shots on that team. he had 3 or 4 NBA players on the floor with him.

yraciv

I'm a Duke fan, but am not blind to the fact Redick was the most hated player in the NCAA.

Coach Obvious

PorkFryRice

sweep the leg!!!  was anybody at the SEC tournament that year in nashville when somebody yelled that during the ARK-FLA game when Humphrey got the ball???

Brian the Turrible

Yes! I still hate Bobby Hurley.
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

little pigee

It's not about the money...it's about the amount of money.

Brian the Turrible

I have equal disdain for both.
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."