Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hogs-Horns on Jan. 6 at BWA

Started by PigSnort, August 04, 2008, 08:56:39 am

Previous topic - Next topic

PigSnort

according to today's DemGaz.

It's sure takes a long time to get the schedule nowadays.

Razorod

does hogwired have the schedule up?
Hoping the Hogs basketball fortunes change for the better this season.

PoconoHog

Quote from: Razorod on August 04, 2008, 09:17:56 am
I just checked and could not find the new schedule on arkansasrazorbacks.com.
"All right, they're on our left, they're on our right, they're in front of us, they're behind us...they can't get away this time." 
Never one to mince words, "We're surrounded," he said in battle. "That simplifies the problem."  Lewis B. "Chesty" Puller

Hogtropolis™

PigSnort

Hogs have not released their schedule yet.  DemGaz got the info because Texas just released their schedule.

razorhead94

Jan. 6th...that's a tuesday night

Its on ESPN 2.
"Primetime is whenever we play" - Jack Kenley 2019 OmaHogs

booogaga

GO HOGS!

HotlantaHog

I'll be watching on TV, but this game really should be on a Saturday where everyone in Arkansas (and beyond) could go.

Why would you not for the fans schedule this game on a weekend?

chiefsfan

Quote from: HotlantaHog on August 04, 2008, 02:26:29 pm
I'll be watching on TV, but this game really should be on a Saturday where everyone in Arkansas (and beyond) could go.

Its basketball season...There are limited Saturday playing dates and we have to work it around our schedule and Texas schedule.    Plus that and putting it on a Tuesday Night gurantees Television

Plus, regardless of the time or date, we'll sell out...I mean comeon, its Texas
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

PigSnort

Don't bet on it selling out with the increased ticket prices and the gas prices the way they are now.  Especially for a weeknite game on TV.

razorhead94

Quote from: PigSnort on August 04, 2008, 03:26:11 pm
Don't bet on it selling out with the increased ticket prices and the gas prices the way they are now.  Especially for a weeknite game on TV.

this game will sell out..i dont think gas is going to matter on this one.

Hogtropolis™

Quote from: razorhead94 on August 04, 2008, 03:38:58 pm
this game will sell out..i dont think gas is going to matter on this one.
Now that ticket prices are going up to $25 per ticket, it will be interesting to see if any games sell out.

razorhead94

Quote from: Hogtropolis™ on August 04, 2008, 03:40:49 pm
Now that ticket prices are going up to $25 per ticket, it will be interesting to see if any games sell out.

Come on people its Texas..you are going to let 6-7 dollar increase stop you from going to that game..this game will sell out as well as the kentucky game

Hogtropolis™

Quote from: rzrbkman on August 04, 2008, 03:49:44 pm
Its not like football where 76,000 seats have to be filled for a sellout, just 19,200.
I know that Missouri wasn't and it was a rowdy crowd, but not sold out.  I wasn't able to make the Florida game last year, but I know it was dubbed as the rowdiest crowd last year, and from what I remember it wasn't quite sold out.  So take that into consideration along with ticket prices going up and I don't really expect any sold out games this year either.

Porky861

I must be the only person as excited as Razorhead.  No way would I watch it on TV instead of going to BWA!!!

chiefsfan

Quote from: Hogtropolis™ on August 04, 2008, 04:17:51 pm
I know that Missouri wasn't and it was a rowdy crowd, but not sold out.  I wasn't able to make the Florida game last year, but I know it was dubbed as the rowdiest crowd last year, and from what I remember it wasn't quite sold out.  So take that into consideration along with ticket prices going up and I don't really expect any sold out games this year either.

It will sell out

Think about it from an Arkansas fans perspective.   Florida...Texas    Florida...Texas   hmmm  who do you want to see more, tough call

The atmosphere before the game will be much like the one before the football game in 04.   Its the last game before SEC play starts, and the crowd will be going crazy
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

Hollywood_HOGan45

first time texas basketball comes back to fayetteville.

hate that its on a tuesday night but.....its on...it will sell out

3kgthog

I still believe Texas will find a way to weasel out of this game just like they did the football, baseball, and basketball series of a couple years ago where they never paid us back our home game. I expect them to claim "scheduling conflicts" like they did before.

Smithian

Quote from: Hogtropolis™ on August 04, 2008, 03:40:49 pm
Holy crap, $25 each ticket? No way it can jump that high. I'll still be going to the game, but that is just splashing water in the face of the fans.

PeytonManningSUCKS

do y'all have jobs??  are student tickets $25?  That would kinda suck I can see that.  Texas is gonna sell out for sure. 

HotlantaHog

Quote from: 3kgthog on August 04, 2008, 07:02:31 pm
I still believe Texas will find a way to weasel out of this game just like they did the football, baseball, and basketball series of a couple years ago where they never paid us back our home game. I expect them to claim "scheduling conflicts" like they did before.
I think Texas announced it as part of its formal schedule release, so it is a done deal now.

bhshawgfan

best birthday present ever....assuming a W

chiefsfan

Quote from: RanSolo on August 05, 2008, 08:51:05 am
do y'all have jobs??  are student tickets $25?  That would kinda suck I can see that.  Texas is gonna sell out for sure. 

Students will have their own ticket packages as always

Everyone else...25 bucks.   Kinda steep for basketball if you ask me

PeytonManningSUCKS

Quote from: chiefsfan on August 05, 2008, 10:50:34 am
Students will have their own ticket packages as always

Everyone else...25 bucks.   Kinda steep for basketball if you ask me
Ticket prices have been soaring for everything over the last 10 years.  You can blame the Eagles (the band, not phili) and Fleetwood Mac renuinion tours really...

chiefsfan

Quote from: RanSolo on August 05, 2008, 11:21:39 am
Ticket prices have been soaring for everything over the last 10 years.  You can blame the Eagles (the band, not phili) and Fleetwood Mac renuinion tours really...

Yeah its caused ticket prices to go through the roof.   Its now cheaper to watch some D1 college football teams then it is to watch Arkansas basketball

opineonswine

Quote from: Razorod on August 04, 2008, 09:17:56 am

"hogwired" no longer exists, to be exact.

PorkSoda

Quote from: Smithian on August 04, 2008, 11:44:40 pm
Holy crap, $25 each ticket? No way it can jump that high. I'll still be going to the game, but that is just splashing water in the face of the fans.
Want better coaches and facilities?  Gotta pay for it.  A dollar aint worth what it was.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

x-ray hog

neahog

Quote from: HotlantaHog on August 04, 2008, 02:26:29 pm

It'll still be sold out.
"I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle." -Winston Churchill