Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

r. clarke leads his team in scoring at all star game

Started by SMITHOG, August 01, 2008, 07:44:58 am

Previous topic - Next topic

SMITHOG

he had 21 points. he was 8 for 12 from the field with 5 of 6 from 3 point land. k paige of osu had 10.

The_Iceman

i sure hope he comes in a shuts up all the doubters (what few of them are left).

mbgrulz

yeah, they are a dying breed for sure. i think they'll be extinct by X-Mas.

newhog

In 16 minutes 5 steals 6 rebounds also looked really quick.In warmups kp was throwing it off the backboard and rotnei was dunking it 2 handed.Summer workouts has been good to him.

chortle

I am becoming more of a believer.

But he hasn't guarded an SEC guard yet.

mbgrulz

Quote from: chortle on August 01, 2008, 02:27:34 pm
I am becoming more of a believer.

But he hasn't guarded an SEC guard yet.
if you want to get down to it, actually yes he has. He's been playing pickup ball against bev and welsh and the rest of the guys all summer. All reports indicate that he'll push for a starting job.

newhog

The last 2 years in the summer he has guarded players from the sec,big12 pac10 and so on.Last night was the best he has ever done guarding someone and that is because of the strength program at Arkansas.He is only going to get better.

dougieritch

Quote from: SMITHOG on August 01, 2008, 07:44:58 am
he had 21 points. he was 8 for 12 from the field with 5 of 6 from 3 point land. k paige of osu had 10.

Still can't believe Paige was chosen as the Oklahoma Basketball Player of the Year over Clarke

Can't wait to watch him and Fortson in our backcourt!

dougieritch

August 01, 2008, 04:09:17 pm #9 Last Edit: August 01, 2008, 04:10:51 pm by dougieritch
DP!  Sorry!

The_Iceman

Quote from: dougieritch on August 01, 2008, 04:07:51 pm
Still can't believe Paige was chosen as the Oklahoma Basketball Player of the Year over Clarke

where did Paige commit to play college ball?   There's your answer.

newhog

out of the 6 regions Rotnei wasn't even in the top 6.Page was region 2 Rotnei was region 3 and didn't even get voted for player of the year for region 3 it was a kid from Westville and he didn't even make all-state.It was cool to see all the Hog fans there.

Razorvet

We need more kids to get disrepected like he has. It looks like he turned it into motivation. So much for nothing to prove.

hawgsav1

We need to get him a better nickname than "Rot".  Maybe something more along the lines of "Arsewhooper" or something like that.
Revenge is a dish best served cold. - Klingon Proverb

COCHISE

Quote from: mbgrulz on August 01, 2008, 03:10:46 pm
if you want to get down to it, actually yes he has. He's been playing pickup ball against bev and welsh and the rest of the guys all summer. All reports indicate that he'll push for a starting job.
Not to mention some of the top guards represented at all-star and aau games that RC has been going up against.

Hoggy1

Quote from: Razorvet on August 01, 2008, 07:27:20 pm
We need more kids to get disrepected like he has. It looks like he turned it into motivation. So much for nothing to prove.

The disrespect into motivation is so overrated, either you're good...or you're not.
You must be smokin somethin if you think I ain't smokin nothin

chortle

Quote from: GiveEmHellPel on August 01, 2008, 10:29:36 pm
The disrespect into motivation is so overrated, either you're good...or you're not.

Dude, you sped up your avatar! I love it!

Hoggy1

Quote from: chortle on August 01, 2008, 10:55:29 pm

Dude, you sped up your avatar! I love it!

haha, well the guy I got it from is just so uberrrrr awesome...

Cant quite remember who he is though  :D
You must be smokin somethin if you think I ain't smokin nothin

Marc Maggard

It's absolutely comical to me to learn that Rotnei Clarke wasn't even NOMINATED for player of the  year in Oklahoma!!!  Page is a good kid and a good player given his physical attributes, but Clarke is clearly the best player in Oklahoma.....CLEARLY. 

mm

The_Iceman

Quote from: Marc Maggard on August 03, 2008, 08:04:37 am
It's absolutely comical to me to learn that Rotnei Clarke wasn't even NOMINATED for player of the  year in Oklahoma!!!  Page is a good kid and a good player given his physical attributes, but Clarke is clearly the best player in Oklahoma.....CLEARLY. 

mm

if Clarke would have committed to OU or OSU, i bet he would have.

hawgsav1

Revenge is a dish best served cold. - Klingon Proverb