Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

BWA Updates?

Started by kingoftherapids, July 28, 2008, 05:05:50 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

kingoftherapids

so is there going to be any updates to bwa for next year? if anyone has been up there lately, please reveal your info!

PotBelliedPig29

I was wondering the samething. I have heard that they are going to make the student section span the length of the court not just one section.
"I'm very excited to be the head coach at Ole Miss University'' -HDN

"We are too" -Arkansas

razorbackfan4life

Quote from: PotBelliedPig29 on July 28, 2008, 05:44:58 pm
I was wondering the samething. I have heard that they are going to make the student section span the length of the court not just one section.
that would be SWEEEEEET

The_Iceman

it definately has alot of potential for improvement.

booogaga

i think the first thing they need to do is change the faded back lit photos on the walls
GO HOGS!

The_Iceman

Quote from: booogaga on July 28, 2008, 07:12:40 pm
i think the first thing they need to do is change the faded back lit photos on the walls

definately! how does something like that go without being kept up looking nice?

Hogbody

Quote from: PotBelliedPig29 on July 28, 2008, 05:44:58 pm

That would be exciting.  Need to make sure it's across from the television cameras so it has good effect on TV also.

RZRBack_FAN

BWA is truely a basketball Meca but it is way behind in alot of areas.

The_Iceman

Quote from: Hogbody on July 28, 2008, 09:03:28 pm
That would be exciting.  Need to make sure it's across from the television cameras so it has good effect on TV also.

ticket wise it would just be easier to move the cameras.

opineonswine

Media is being moved away from courtside.  Students will likely remain where they are...there might be SLIGHT modification.

The Boar War

I also heard something about changing the logo at half court.  Is there anything to this?

The Great Hambino

Well, they sanded the logo off the floor in barnhill, so BWA is surely next.

booogaga

if they moved the media off the court where are they going to put them?
GO HOGS!

bart.pohlman

Quote from: booogaga on July 30, 2008, 08:01:51 pm
if they moved the media off the court where are they going to put them?

Which is exactly the question I'd like to have answered. I have never been a fan of arenas that put people in front of the media. There are times when it becomes difficult to see what is going on.

The_Iceman

it just seems kinda unnecessary to put the media right in front of the students. it kinda makes the students "hold back" alittle on what it said. if you put them right on the court, it would change the atmosphere on BWA drastically.

ConwayHog

Quote from: bart.pohlman on July 30, 2008, 11:44:37 pm
Which is exactly the question I'd like to have answered. I have never been a fan of arenas that put people in front of the media. There are times when it becomes difficult to see what is going on.

I've never been a fan of the media getting to sit courtside.

mbgrulz

Quote from: Fresh Legs™ on July 31, 2008, 07:53:03 am
Me either.

it dulls the atmosphere.

Now, when an opposing player is inbounding the ball, he'll only be 2 or 3 feet from a hog fan.

bart.pohlman

Quote from: Fresh Legs™ on July 31, 2008, 07:53:03 am

It works at most major collegiate arenas. Just look at Cameron Indoor.

bart.pohlman

Quote from: mbgrulz on July 31, 2008, 09:11:52 am
Me either.

it dulls the atmosphere.

Now, when an opposing player is inbounding the ball, he'll only be 2 or 3 feet from a hog fan.

And don't forget, the student section will be staying where it is currently located. I imagine those will be high-dollar courtside seats going in, with the media behind them. So the students still won't be that close to the action.

opineonswine

Quote from: bart.pohlman on July 30, 2008, 11:44:37 pm

get real....you can raise a LOT of money from boosters wanting those seats.  Most arenas don't have media on the floor anymore.

Dances With Hogs

Hum, That makes sense.
Quote from: bart.pohlman on July 31, 2008, 10:11:10 am
And don't forget, the student section will be staying where it is currently located. I imagine those will be high-dollar courtside seats going in, with the media behind them. So the students still won't be that close to the action.

ontop

Quote from: The_Iceman on July 29, 2008, 07:47:09 am
ticket wise it would just be easier to move the cameras.
Not Exaclty.  Ever noticed where the cameras are?  They are in a concrete section that sits a few feet below the regular seats on the south side of the upper deck.  There is no such section on the north side, plus the cables are already in piping going to the south side, would cost thousands to move the cameras to the other side of the arena.
The View on Top

booogaga

i am just wondering where they would put the press row if they moved it off the floor
GO HOGS!

Porky861

Banners....we need more banners.

The_Iceman

Quote from: Porky861 on August 02, 2008, 08:11:07 pm
Banners....we need more banners.

i wish they could make the national championship banners "pop" more and seem more noticable. some of the lights that shine on them were burnt out, from what i can remember.

Hogbody

Quote from: booogaga on August 02, 2008, 04:45:17 pm
i am just wondering where they would put the press row if they moved it off the floor

I'm sure press row will still be there on that one side, but all of those tables that are "reserved" that a bunch of people end up not even sitting at need to be got rid of. 

Oh, we might need to make those lighted signs on press row a little sturdier.  Another one might get broken this year ;)

Breems

Hope they don't change those sinks in the bathroom, they're freakin awesome.

Section 192, Row 15, Seat 1 had a crack in the cup-holder if I remember though.
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

Porky861

Coach P should get a bonus for every lighted sign he breaks.

TheArkansasTraveller

I was told there's going to be a press conference Thurs. @ 12:00 to discuss the "modifications" to BWA.   

The_Iceman

Quote from: TheArkansasTraveller on August 06, 2008, 09:19:45 pm
I was told there's going to be a press conference Thurs. @ 12:00 to discuss the "modifications" to BWA.  

thats interesting. i hope they are specific.

Dr Swineglove

Very interesting - thanks for the news!
Prefrontal lobotomies are not to be performed without the written consent of the patient

cdclark09

I say put the press in the upper deck and let the fans/students get court side.

opineonswine

Quote from: cdclark09 on August 07, 2008, 08:59:10 am
I say put the press in the upper deck and let the fans/students get court side.
Am told there is little they can do to move students.

Buck Brewer

that was cemented when we moved to BWA, high paying donors are not going to give up those seats willingly. It should have been the fold up sets from behind each goal down one side. I don't know if the SEC allows students to sit directly behind the opposing team, so it would likely had been the press side.
But those folks have become entrenched and if you move them you'll have to move nearly every seat in the lower bowl and then 14,000 folks are pissed off.

Shoulda been done like Nolan wanted in the begining.

cmiller01

Rumor on the hill is the Athletic Department will be making announcements about BWA renovations today at noon

TheArkansasTraveller

August 07, 2008, 12:20:06 pm #35 Last Edit: August 07, 2008, 12:22:15 pm by TheArkansasTraveller

Just FYI,  for anyone who's as interested in this news as I am, you probably need to check out the the first Arkansas sports radio show of the day.   Bo Mattingly should have the first info  of the day on what was said, show starts at 1pm.   You can listen on the show's web site if you don't have access to a radio.   

http://www.sportstalkwithbo.com/site/index.php

The_Iceman

George S. Pigton

More LED banners, club seats on the court for $12,000 each with access to a club lounge,
moving the student seats somehow but I missed the details.
\\\"No Bastard ever won a war by dying for his country.  He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country\\\"

olblueyes

Quote from: George S. Pigton on August 07, 2008, 03:42:31 pm
More LED banners, club seats on the court for $12,000 each with access to a club lounge,
moving the student seats somehow but I missed the details.
They were saying take the seats out and putting benches in. The students don't sit anyway, and they could get more students in. The students would stay where they are now. I heard this on sports talk with Bo Matingly.
Following, supporting, and rooting the hogs on 24/7 X 365!!!!

davidharwood

heard they are putting the "classic" logo on the floor....which one is that?
My name has been carved on the UA sidewalks a total of 3 times, and my daughter's twice, but when I stop getting chills from the Alma Mater and the opening of the Hog Pen gates, I'll know it's time to stay home by the fireplace and wait for the new John Sandford novel.

Lard

I think all pressers announced on Hogville begin at 4pm.
"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny."
-Thomas Jefferson

"Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost." - John Quincy Adams

The_Iceman

Quote from: davidharwood on August 07, 2008, 04:13:38 pm
heard they are putting the "classic" logo on the floor....which one is that?

the "helmet" hog.

they need to lower student ticket prices to $1 like in football. that would allow us to afford it and pack it out every game.

HogFaninMemphis

Quote from: The_Iceman on August 07, 2008, 05:48:38 pm
the "helmet" hog.

they need to lower student ticket prices to $1 like in football. that would allow us to afford it and pack it out every game.
I like the slobbering hog much more.
That hog is a basketball tradition from Barnhill days.  It would be stupid to change tradition just to be different.
I also agree that we should lower student ticket prices.
Go Hogs, Go Cardinals, and Go Grizzlies!

opineonswine

Quote from: HogFaninMemphis on August 07, 2008, 06:41:09 pm
I like the slobbering hog much more.
That hog is a basketball tradition from Barnhill days.  It would be stupid to change tradition just to be different.
I also agree that we should lower student ticket prices.

Everyone has an opinion.  I disagree with you on both.  Branding is important and you need to pick one and go with it.  They picked the helmet hog and I think that's great.  Students get the deal of their lives with football tickets.  I believe the basketball situation is more like other schools and should stay where it is.

Razorbuck

I will be dissapointed if the make the Razorback smaller in any way.  I still see Alex Dillard launching three pointers from the snout and the tail.  I definitely don't like the current logo of the hog over the top of the bordered "Arkansas".  I always go for items that just have a hog.
Now let's go win a Championship!