Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fortson

Started by Hogbody, July 13, 2008, 01:30:02 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

XPS

Quote from: chiefsfan on August 15, 2008, 01:08:12 pm
NCAA does not have to notify us till August 25th.   I wont worry till I know for sure they have turned him down

For the SEC and the Hogs, I hope he is cleared....

Marc Maggard

The NCAA started clearing kids about a week ago......FYI

PotBelliedPig29

"I'm very excited to be the head coach at Ole Miss University'' -HDN

"We are too" -Arkansas

fsmhogfan

Looks like he was cleared today!

fsmhogfan

Hogginitall

PorkSoda

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

TRUHOG718

I can't wait to see the
Courtney
Clarke
Combination
http://www.sicollection.com/assets/images/nolan_richardson_300.jpg

One Day. We Will Be Back. I Promise You This.

jgphillips3

...and a light broke through the clouds...

TRUHOG718

Quote from: jgphillips3 on August 19, 2008, 12:21:16 pm
...and a light broke through the clouds...

And God Said   "Fortson drives lane,   Kicks it to clarke on the wing GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!! And the razorbacks win a nailbiter over the Texas Longrorns 91-89."   November cant get here fast enough.
http://www.sicollection.com/assets/images/nolan_richardson_300.jpg

One Day. We Will Be Back. I Promise You This.

cobra kai

yep, that's great news. 
I can't wait to see how Fortson and Clarke play together - could make for a very dangerous back court.  Especially since Clarke is not just a spot-up shooter as some people think.  He's a very good point guard/playmaker, so with him and Fortson back there, we will have 2 very capable guards on the court who can both score and create for teammates. 

PorkSoda

Quote from: cobra kai on August 19, 2008, 01:47:49 pm
yep, that's great news. 
I can't wait to see how Fortson and Clarke play together - could make for a very dangerous back court.  Especially since Clarke is not just a spot-up shooter as some people think.  He's a very good point guard/playmaker, so with him and Fortson back there, we will have 2 very capable guards on the court who can both score and create for teammates. 
I like that Fortson is not just a ball distributing type PG.  He also has the athletic ability to take it to the rim.  Teams will have to respect his ability to slash to the basket, thus opening up Rotnei on the wings.  If this team developes some chemistry and identity early, they could be much better than expected.  I wish Powell was a 2008 commit.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

opineonswine

this is the best news we've had in basketball since Pel was hired.

little pigee

Smoke just called and said you guys don't know squat! ;)
It's not about the money...it's about the amount of money.

SMOKE

Quote from: little pigee on August 21, 2008, 12:21:15 pm
Smoke just called and said you guys don't know squat! ;)
huh?

swinesation

Fortson = the next AI

mhuff

Smoke, what do you think of Henry's chances?

cmiller01

I expect that Fortson is scheduled to arrive to campus today. I wish I could say the same for JH. We need some good news from the eligibility center.

SMOKE

Quote from: mhuff on August 24, 2008, 12:19:59 am
Smoke, what do you think of Henry's chances?

Im starting to side with Brewerfan.... He said Henry wasnt gonna clear and said he had inside sources, he pm'd me and gave me his source because he didnt wanna put his "inside sources" out there. I think he could be right, I hope he is wrong but school started today and still no Henry. Take it for what its worth.....

mbgrulz

i don't think that the longer timetable = lowered chances of being cleared. He turned his paper work in later than CF, so he is in the back of the line.

Pel always has said the same thing on JH that he did on CF. He has always said he fully expects them to be eligable.