Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Beverly doesn't back down

Started by trphog, July 12, 2008, 06:51:24 am

Previous topic - Next topic

trphog

• I have to say, watching LeBron James hoop it up in a regular ol' recreation center is one of the coolest things I've seen in my sportswriting career. It was especially interesting to see how the college kids reacted. One example: At one point the referees had to leave, so the players were making their own calls, playground-style. James' opposing team included Patrick Beverley, the 6-1 junior at Arkansas who grew up in Chicago. Beverely's team had game point, but when he attempted a layup James blocked it so hard it sailed across the gym and slammed against a side wall, almost plastering Jay Bilas in the face. (Which would have been another one of the coolest things I've seen in my sportswriting career.) Beverley tried to call a goal tend -- which in my eyes was the correct call -- but King James was having none of it. Beverley accepted LeBron's overrule, but he jawed back at him by saying, "It's still our ball. It's still our ball." He and James woofed back and forth for a good 10 to 15 seconds before play resumed. I thought it was very cool that this college kid was taking on the best player on the planet in his own hometown and not backing down. And let the record show that Beverley's team won the game on the ensuing possession.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writers/seth_davis/07/11/hoop.thoughts/1.html

Hogbody

farhan

HEYHEYHEY

Nice story. We will need his attituce and leadership this year
+1

jschulte

razorbackfan4life

HogFaninMemphis

Good for him.
Playing against LeBron and seeing his flaming passion for basketball should elevate his motivational skills and leadership.
Go Hogs, Go Cardinals, and Go Grizzlies!

PeytonManningSUCKS

basketball is a game of confidence and skill.  Hopefully this will be something that build PB's confidence and gets him doing some serious balling this year. 

Dugann

sweet i just loved that........go go power hog..i mean pb.
By Gosh He Didn't Come Back To PAINT!!!!

HOGLIGULA

Look in the heat of conversation I may have said things I don't believe to be true. "So you lied." Are you slow, the alleged lie you might have heard me saying allegedly moments ago that is a parasite that lives in my neck.