Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sonics to OKC

Started by Fort Swine, July 02, 2008, 10:51:17 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Fort Swine

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3471503

Sonics coming to OKC in 08-09.  It cost them $75 mill. to come to Oklahoma.  NBA basketball on 2 1/2 hours away from western Arkansas.  I will make a trip.  Arkansas is now surrounded by NBA teams, Memphis, OKC, Dallas, and NO. 
"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking." - General George S. Patton, Jr.

The Boar War

I wonder what the new name will be.  I think part of the agreement is that the Oklahoma City Franchise can't use the name or color scheme of the Sonics.

josh_sec33

That's correct. I give it three years before Bennett starts trying to bleed the OKC residents like the screw job he did to Seattle. I grew up in Seattle. I can no longer support this franchise, even though it is now 2 hours away from home. There were more franchises in worse shape then Seattle that bennett could have bought stolen to move to OKC.
Quote from: Hogstocking on February 07, 2008, 11:45:16 am
The 'fence' has been replaced by the Great Wall of China wrapped in barbed wire guarded by snipers. 

Quote from: Fayettechill14 on September 06, 2012, 05:43:24 pm
On a scale of "DGB is a Hog" to "Bobby had a girl on the back of that bike," how sure are you?

booogaga

so will all banners and team history go to okc. and when seattle gets their new team(if they actually do so) have to start over as an expansion team with no team history?
GO HOGS!

sasnakrafan

i hope they don't go anything tornado related... i think they go with something lamer like frontier or outlaws.. altho oklahoma city outlaws does sounds kinda cool .

DeuceHawg

I think they will be like the browns.  Once seattle gets a team back, they will be the new sonics and hold all the old records and banners.

The Boar War

Quote from: DeuceHawg on July 10, 2008, 10:53:50 am
I think they will be like the browns.  Once seattle gets a team back, they will be the new sonics and hold all the old records and banners.

I agree they won't screw up like they did with New Orleans and Charlotte.  I'll never get used to calling them the Charlotte Bobcats.  Then again they haven't given me much reason to talk about them anyway.

Zero Tolerance

There's still rumblings of the Hornets moving from New Orleans to Seattle. Wouldn't that be delicious irony - Seattle getting the team that temporarily relocated to OKC to replace the team that went to OKC because the city and surrounding areas went gung ho for the team that temporarily relocated to OKC.
Jeff Long + John Pelphrey + Bobby Petrino = The dawning of a glorious new era in Arkansas sports