Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Draft Snubs

Started by Razorbacks_77, June 27, 2008, 12:20:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Razorbacks_77

Anybody else have someone they were suprised didn't get drafted? I was kind of suprised Chris Lofton didn't get drafted. I know he is small, but he has a great shot.

Atreyu

Biggest surprise to me was Augustin going before Bayless. Why would Charlotte draft a point guard when they need a center, or post man?
1 by 1, we loaded our guns
up on the mountain all day
and all through the night
HEYHEYHEY

ALLVOL

Quote from: Razorbacks_77 on June 27, 2008, 12:20:37 pm
Anybody else have someone they were suprised didn't get drafted? I was kind of suprised Chris Lofton didn't get drafted. I know he is small, but he has a great shot.

His problem is he is a tweener in size and speed. He is to short to play the 2 and to slow to play PG.

DeuceHawg

Didn't Lofton have some kind of cancer.  It isn't fair but you saw what they did to the kansas player last night with the kidney problem.  A big surprise would be the knicks and kings picks. 

CallMeAl

Jamont Gordon not drafted. Someone gave him bad advice to stay in the draft.
Hog since birth.

Hogginitall

Quote from: Atreyu on June 27, 2008, 12:21:31 pm
Biggest surprise to me was Augustin going before Bayless. Why would Charlotte draft a point guard when they need a center, or post man?

Bayless is a whiney BIOTCH.  I don't like him a bit.  I wouldn't be surprised to see him fail in the league.

3kgthog

Quote from: Atreyu on June 27, 2008, 12:21:31 pm

Simple answer: Michael Jordan. He's the greatest player ever, but he's also well on his way to becoming one of the worst executives ever. Kwame Brown? Adam Morrison? Now this.

Atreyu

Quote from: 3kgthog on June 27, 2008, 04:02:14 pm
Simple answer: Michael Jordan. He's the greatest player ever, but he's also well on his way to becoming one of the worst executives ever. Kwame Brown? Adam Morrison? Now this.

I think Morrison could be a good player. He certainly loves the game enough.
1 by 1, we loaded our guns
up on the mountain all day
and all through the night
HEYHEYHEY

Smithian

I was most shocked by the Charlotte pick. Raymond Felton is tough, good defender, un-selfish, and would be much more popular if Chris Paul and Deron Williams hadn't become stars so fast. To me, he seemed like the perfect Larry Brown guard.

Highway Hog Sign

Quote from: 3kgthog on June 27, 2008, 04:02:14 pm
The jury is still out on Morrison, although having a subpar rookie season, followed by an injury-shortened sophomore season, (did he even play at all?), should lead Bobcats to feel pessimistic about him really making it as an NBA player.  Gotta admit, I thought he would be a stud and thought it was the right pick for Charlotte at the time.

It looks like I'm not the only one who thinks Jordan is a Top-5 Worst GM/Team President in the league.  DJ Augustin...really?  Even if you're planning on ditching Felton, one of the few bright prospects on the roster, you can't think that Augustin is the answer.  That and the deicision to hire Larry Brown are two pretty bad moves on Jordan's part.  Charlotte is looking like one of the worst franchises in the league right now, from a management stand point.
The best Razorback recruiting breakdown on the Internet (and it's FREE): https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Xx_dGJc2FHXQHuqZDtmA_OQ4LbZBnXAwmNcPzRErpPU/edit?usp=sharing

TomasPistola

I can't think of a time Larry really did well with younger players. I wouldn't have been surprised and perhaps it would have been smarter for Charlotte to trade it's picks for some established Vets they could use as a foundation.
Quote from: Hog Momster on January 06, 2011, 09:45:30 pm
You were right.
Quote from: Breems on April 28, 2011, 05:58:14 pm
You did a great job.
Quote from: Verge on June 22, 2011, 08:44:20 am
If you have some form of mental retardation i will stop making fun of you, just want to clarify this first.

Wildhog

June 29, 2008, 11:44:30 pm #11 Last Edit: June 29, 2008, 11:57:50 pm by Wildhog
Was Sean Penix drafted?  8)
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

Brass Knob

Quote from: TomasPistola on June 29, 2008, 07:33:07 pm
I can't think of a time Larry really did well with younger players. I wouldn't have been surprised and perhaps it would have been smarter for Charlotte to trade it's picks for some established Vets they could use as a foundation.

Larry won a national title with the University of Kansas, he can coach younger players just fine IMO..... As far as Augustin goes he reminds me of Deron Williams, from size, to demenor, and even playing style..... I have a feeling that in a couple of years he will be looked at as a steal!

The Realist

Lofton suffered from a down senior season (compared to JR year) but most say that is due to the cancer. 
The main knock on him is he can't create his own shot and relies on others to get him open.  NBA execs don't like that quality too much.  He is playing for Denver Nuggets summer league.  Played 8 minutes so far in 2 games.
Interesting though that the other TN guard, JaJuan Smith, is playing with Dallas Mavericks summer league team.  Scored 19 points in 18 minutes.

I bet Morrison turns into a solid role player.  But he wasn't top 10 material.
"We've got chips on our shoulder and really want to go out and show everybody what we can do.  We're not asking for anybody to give us the respect we deserve, but we plan on going out and taking it."
Childs, Gregory.