Previous topic - Next topic

hogsrule44

PotBelliedPig29

"I'm very excited to be the head coach at Ole Miss University'' -HDN

"We are too" -Arkansas

chiefsfan

Quote from: PotBelliedPig29 on June 26, 2008, 10:09:17 pm
Sonny looks good in red.

I will not mention at all that ESPN showed some rousing Patrick Beverly Highlights when they were showing Sonny stuff.   
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

hei5manhog

Wow that's earlier than i thought he'd go, that's AWESOME! I hope the bulls keep Hinrich and Weems makes a name for himself.  That's my team!!
"If I can't practice, I can't practice. It is as simple as that. It ain't about that at all. It's easy to sum it up if you're just talking about practice. We're sitting here, and I'm supposed to be the franchise player, and we're talking about practice. I mean listen, we're sitting here talking about practice, not a game, not a game, not a game, but we're talking about practice. Not the game that I go out there and die for and play every game like it's my last but we're talking about practice man. How silly is that?

hogsrule44

Quote from: hei5manhog on June 26, 2008, 10:11:46 pm
Wow that's earlier than i thought he'd go, that's AWESOME! I hope the bulls keep Hinrich and Weems makes a name for himself.  That's my team!!
They will either get rid of Hinrich or Gordon.. or maybe both.

Blake Sebo

Gordan is an RFA I believe. Rose and Weems . . . a pretty good draft for my second favorite NBA team.

jcmojica23

Im thinking Gordon might be gone

hawgsav1

wow, him and Rose is gonna be real nasty good.  ROSE...ALLEY OOP TO WEEMS!!!!!! SONNY WEEMS WITH THAT SPECTACULAR JAM!!!!!  Though I gotta admit, the Nets got a great steal in Chris Douglas Roberts in the second round.
Revenge is a dish best served cold. - Klingon Proverb

yraciv

The Bulls are deep, it might be hard for Sonny to make the 12 man rotation.  He will be competing for an end roster spot with Shannon Brown, JamesOnCurry, Demetris Nichols, Sefolosha, and Cedric Simmons. I could see a year or 2 tearing up the D League.

Newcoachplease

He went before CDR, I guess the bulls didnt buy into all the memphis hype

Even stranger because CDR and Rose were teammates and have played together

hei5manhog

Quote from: hogsrule44 on June 26, 2008, 10:13:56 pm
They will either get rid of Hinrich or Gordon.. or maybe both.

I think Gordon is more likely to go, he's better trade bait to be honest.  Could anyone comment on what they said about Weems when he got drafted?  I was away from the tv
"If I can't practice, I can't practice. It is as simple as that. It ain't about that at all. It's easy to sum it up if you're just talking about practice. We're sitting here, and I'm supposed to be the franchise player, and we're talking about practice. I mean listen, we're sitting here talking about practice, not a game, not a game, not a game, but we're talking about practice. Not the game that I go out there and die for and play every game like it's my last but we're talking about practice man. How silly is that?

jc21711

Quote from: hei5manhog on June 26, 2008, 10:31:41 pm
I think Gordon is more likely to go, he's better trade bait to be honest.  Could anyone comment on what they said about Weems when he got drafted?  I was away from the tv

Nothing much just said he's a good athelete, good jump shot and a couple other things. Needs to get stronger and better on defense. Thats about it.

HardKnockBlu

According to the Bulls draft board on ESPN, Paxson has traded Sonny for a future pick.

upperdeck_hawg

Quote from: yraciv on June 26, 2008, 10:17:44 pm
The Bulls are deep, it might be hard for Sonny to make the 12 man rotation.  He will be competing for an end roster spot with Shannon Brown, JamesOnCurry, Demetris Nichols, Sefolosha, and Cedric Simmons. I could see a year or 2 tearing up the D League.

none of these guys are exactly superstars. he'll make the team...book it.
I don't hate the guy.  He's a great Hog, and a needed contributor.  I despise that he does not understand his role as a complimentary player puts an absolute ceiling on this team.

-ErieHog on Devo Davis

BigSexyHog

Quote from: chiefsfan on June 26, 2008, 10:11:06 pm
I will not mention at all that ESPN showed some rousing Patrick Beverly Highlights when they were showing Sonny stuff.  

I saw that too, but didn't really get upset.  After all it is ESPN so I expected them to screw it up some way.
Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

hei5manhog

Quote from: HardKnockBlu on June 26, 2008, 10:53:42 pm
According to the Bulls draft board on ESPN, Paxson has traded Sonny for a future pick.

Why would your jump up to pick Sonny (i say jumb bc most had him late 2nd if at all) just to trade him for a future pick... I think he can help them. We'll see what happens

SwinerBock

He should REALLY be able to fly in that thin air in Denver.

HardKnockBlu

Quote from: SwinerBock on June 26, 2008, 11:49:46 pm
He should REALLY be able to fly in that thin air in Denver.
Yep
Nuggets pick up second-rounder
By Benjamin Hochman
The Denver Post
Article Last Updated: 06/26/2008 10:02:26 PM MDT

The Nuggets decided to make a move on draft night, a minor one, acquiring second-rounder Sonny Weems from Chicago for a second-rounder in 2009. The trade is pending league approval.

The 6-foot-6 forward from Arkansas was taken with the 39th pick overall. He averaged 15.0 points last season as a senior.

yraciv

Now the Nuggets are a different story.  He doesn't have as much competition to beat out with the Nuggets. 

Dirty

June 27, 2008, 02:18:21 am #19 Last Edit: June 27, 2008, 02:26:37 am by hogfanwithms
da bulls

The Boar War

I have to admit that I just don't understand the Bulls anymore.  Acquiring Rose and Weems would have made the already athletic Bulls one of the most explosive in the league.  Now they trade Weems away for Omar Asik????  I guess I should be happy they didn't trade the #1 pick for cash and a future draft pick.

craftyhog

The Bulls ownership has always been bumbling idiots. They tried for years to screw thing up but MJ would step in and tell them how it was going to be.

Smithian

Just to fix our biased views, the Bull fans seem relatively happy with this move.

The Boar War

Quote from: Smithian on June 27, 2008, 11:03:20 am
Just to fix our biased views, the Bull fans seem relatively happy with this move.

I'm not sure which Bulls fans you are talking to but on the message boards "sucks balls" and "depressing" are some of the terms being thrown around.

I don't know much about Asik (only what I've heard on the internet). I don't have a problem with the Bulls selecting a center over Weems (who plays in a position where he might likely be third best).  But I do have a problem with them giving Weems away for a Euro player who is in a five year contract with no buyout.  He will never play in Chicago.  Therefore he's able to stay overseas and under the cap (a Reinsdorf special).

My only hope is that he will be part of a deal involving either Gordon or Heinrich.