Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Shaq Seems to think like me

Started by RZRBack_FAN, June 23, 2008, 10:04:57 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

RZRBack_FAN

June 23, 2008, 10:04:57 pm Last Edit: June 23, 2008, 10:07:47 pm by ChargerHog
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3457917

Cant do it without the big guy. Shaq is one funny dude. Im sure the bandwagon Laker fans will chew him up for this, but they need to realize they wouldnt have won their last 3 rings without the most dominating player(in his prime) to play the game.

Oliver

Shaq was the man.  If he would have stayed in shape and learned to shoot a free throw, he might have 6 rings instead of 4.

BigSexyHog

Note to Koby.... The truth hurts you better not get upset over this...  Although Shaq did say later it was all in good fun.
Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

RZRBack_FAN

Quote from: Oliver Miller on June 23, 2008, 10:19:10 pm
Shaq was the man.  If he would have stayed in shape and learned to shoot a free throw, he might have 6 rings instead of 4.
Man being that big and banging around in the league for that long takes its toll on you. Im pretty sure the other 3 rings wouldnt have come in La, Kobe didnt want Shaq around getting any credit for what they accomplished.

Oliver

June 24, 2008, 09:31:03 am #4 Last Edit: June 24, 2008, 09:47:50 am by Oliver Miller
Quote from: ChargerHog on June 24, 2008, 12:03:47 am
Man being that big and banging around in the league for that long takes its toll on you. Im pretty sure the other 3 rings wouldnt have come in La, Kobe didnt want Shaq around getting any credit for what they accomplished.

Shaq was a problem too, not just Kobe.  People act like Shaq had nothing to do with team chemistry problems.  He took shots at the Heat after he was traded to the Suns as well.  He acts like a jilted lover. 

The bottom line is that Shaq and Kobe were both idiots during their run of championships.  They had the nucleus to win 6 straight.  But Kobe tried to make it all about him, and Shaq was lazy (if you can't learn to shoot a free throw after 10 years in the NBA, you are lazy.  Even Duncan learned how to shoot one well enough) and out of shape.  They both will forever regret their actions no matter what they say.

Michael11

Quote from: Oliver Miller on June 24, 2008, 09:31:03 am
Shaq was a problem too, not just Kobe.  People act like Shaq had nothing to do with team chemistry problems.  He took shots at the Heat after he was traded to the Suns as well.  He acts like a jilted lover. 

The bottom line is that Shaq nor Kobe were both idiots during their run of championships.  They had the nucleus to win 6 straight.  But Kobe tried to make it all about him, and Shaq was lazy (if you can't learn to shoot a free throw after 10 years in the NBA, you are lazy.  Even Duncan learned how to shoot one well enough) and out of shape.  They both will forever regret their actions no matter what they say.

I agree... Kobe gets all of the flack.. Would the Lakers have won those 3 rings without Shaq... NO! But they also would not have won them without Kobe.. He made big shot after big shot to get them over the hump.. Also Kobe gets credited with breaking up that team. It is funny to me though that Shaq has played with 3 of the best players in the past 20 years and was not able to stay with any of the 3 of them... and he bashed all 3 teams and players after leaving... Penny, Kobe, and Wade. There is a pattern here and Kobe is not it... Shaq is...
Michael Thomason   Rom. 10:9/2CO.5:21

RZRBack_FAN

June 24, 2008, 11:12:55 am #6 Last Edit: June 24, 2008, 11:15:29 am by ChargerHog
Quote from: Michael11 on June 24, 2008, 09:43:07 am
I agree... Kobe gets all of the flack.. Would the Lakers have won those 3 rings without Shaq... NO! But they also would not have won them without Kobe.. He made big shot after big shot to get them over the hump.. Also Kobe gets credited with breaking up that team. It is funny to me though that Shaq has played with 3 of the best players in the past 20 years and was not able to stay with any of the 3 of them... and he bashed all 3 teams and players after leaving... Penny, Kobe, and Wade. There is a pattern here and Kobe is not it... Shaq is...
Shaq has never bashed D Wade. I dare you to find an article were he did. He was disgruntled with Ricky davis but Shaq has never said one thing bad about D Wade. Actually it was D Wade who publicly flamed Shaq.   http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/2007/11/16/dwyane-wade-calls-out-shaquille-oneal/

And last time i checked kobe was the one bashing everybody on his team.   Kobe is a self centered [CENSORED].   
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2909549

Hogimus Prime

Shaq and Penny-I remember when there was talk that they were the next Kareem and Magic.   That didnt work.

Shaq and Kobe-There was not enough room in LA for both of their egos

Shaq and D-Wade-Shaq actually giving over control to another player.

If Shaq would have worked on a couple more low post moves and stayed in shape he wouldnt be as bad as he is now, not saying he is bad, but compared to what he used to be yeah he is bad.

DeuceHawg

Shaq was dominant but good lord he is the size of a small truck.  When you are that size how good do you really have to be at basketball. 
The jilted lover comment was correct.  He gets fat and lazy everywhere he goes and is then traded and works his butt off at the new place to prove people wrong.  He couldn't get off the bench in miami but was jumping into the crowd in Phoenix.

Also, I don't know how much he was joking when he brought his divorce into it.

Michael11

Quote from: ChargerHog on June 24, 2008, 11:12:55 am
Shaq has never bashed D Wade. I dare you to find an article were he did. He was disgruntled with Ricky davis but Shaq has never said one thing bad about D Wade. Actually it was D Wade who publicly flamed Shaq.   http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/2007/11/16/dwyane-wade-calls-out-shaquille-oneal/

And last time i checked kobe was the one bashing everybody on his team.   Kobe is a self centered *******.  
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2909549

My point is that do you not find it at all odd that he could not stay with either of the 3 of them... Sounds like he is awfully self centered.. Kobe may be a jerk but he puts his A** in the line everynight. He plays as hard as anyone in the league and does it on both ends of the floor. Last i checked Shaq plays very little D and is lazy as heck.
Michael Thomason   Rom. 10:9/2CO.5:21

The Boar War

Quote from: Oliver Miller on June 24, 2008, 09:31:03 am

Who knows maybe he is.  How else would Kobe be able to tell him "how his a$$ tastes"?

babywhiz

Safe is boring. Sweet insanity is the voice saying "I bet we can fit one more in there."

Oliver

Quote from: The Boar War on June 24, 2008, 05:09:24 pm
Who knows maybe he is.  How else would Kobe be able to tell him "how his a$$ tastes"?

Zing!