Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Coach Pel in Hot Springs

Started by chooch_hog, June 23, 2008, 09:46:55 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

chooch_hog

I went to hear Coach Pel speak at the Razorback Club meeting tonight. He is a very funny speaker and gave great first hand accounts of his thoughts as Steven Hill hit the game winner against Georgia. He felt the team was more self-less at the end of that game than at any other time and moments like that are the reasons he loves coaching. He had been asked what the most rewarding part of coaching was. He originally said winning but then changed his answer to the stuff about the team being self-less.

Other interesting thoughts from Pel:

He feels the new guards coming in will have more of an impact this year because the new big men will have some catching up to do physically to compete in the sec

Rotnei Clark will be able to do more than just shoot the 3

He said we will love Michael Sanchez

He described many of the previous and incoming players as "beautiful, beautiful kids"

Someone asked what Steven Hill was doing now and Pel jokingly said he was working as a barber and beard trimmer

He compared Fortson's toughness and competitive nature to Corey Beck( prior to his gunshot and imprisonment)

HotlantaHog

Great report, but I think you mean Steven Hill hit the game winner vs. Tennessee (we lost twice to Georgia as I painfully and personally recall.)

chooch_hog

Yeah it was the Tenn game he was talking about. He said he didn't know what happened the next day against Georgia. It's hard to post with my kid crawling all over the computer.

LamarMundane

I wish you had asked him exactly what he and JaJuan Smith were jawing about in that game. Preferably with quotes. It was entertaining.