Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Michael Sanchez Highlights...

Started by The_Bionic_Pig, June 16, 2008, 11:43:09 am

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Bionic_Pig

█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

craftyhog

Thanks! Some people may not realize how important passing is for big guys in an up tempo offense. He will be a surprise to a lot of folks with his all around game.

kibster

Nice find  +1

I am excited about Sanchez.  He is scrappy and looks like he has some good post moves along with some passing ability.  I think he should start next year.  He is going to be the banger (and the only one) on the team.
Electronic communities build nothing. You wind up with nothing. We are dancing animals. How beautiful it is to get up and go out and do something. We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different. - Kurt Vonnegut

Reservoir Hogs

Great find, cant wait to see him on the court next year. 

3kgthog

I was geeked about him once he started whooping up on the seniors during last season's red-white game. He crashed the boards. Our upperclassmen stood around and watched. That said a lot to me. We need a good garbage man with a little fire in his belly.

TheShow

Is anyone else surprised that he redshirted?  I know the minutes weren't there and he probably needed to, but with loosing all of i inside bigs, maybe getting him some sec minutes might have been beneficial?  Just curious if anyone else feels that way.

invisiblehand

Quote from: TheShow on June 16, 2008, 10:01:07 pm
Is anyone else surprised that he redshirted?  I know the minutes weren't there and he probably needed to, but with loosing all of i inside bigs, maybe getting him some sec minutes might have been beneficial?  Just curious if anyone else feels that way.

I see what you are saying, but, like you said, the minutes just weren't there with all the bigs we had.  It's kind of a double edged sword.  Do you want to get him some minutes, even if it's not many?  He gets some experience but loses a year.  This way, he got to practice with the seniors all year and still has four years to play.  It depends on how you look at it, but I'm glad we will have him for four.

Ugly Uncle

Quote from: TheShow on June 16, 2008, 10:01:07 pm

First of all, I think every team needs a "mean" player.  An enforcer.  Someone that is going to hurt to foul, and will hurt you when he fouls.  Someone that makes little guards afraid to drive the lane.  I think Sanchez will be that guy.

Secondly, about him redshirting, I think he was still a little slowed by his knee injury and thought it better to give him an extra year to make sure they were strong.  I could be wrong on that, just guessing as to why.
Retired Radio Host

HawgAdvocate

His father wanted him to RS..both for the knee and to maximize his eligability.
"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

mbgrulz

Would we have won any more games with him last year?

I am really excited about having him for this season, and having Courtney Fortson will really make players who used to be mediocre look like studs.

dotnet

I don't think we would have won more last year. I really doubt that Sanchez as a true freshman is better than Thomas as a senior... especially when you look at all the other problems that we had on our team.

That video, on top of the reports from practice last year, have me really excited about Sanchez.  I hope he is half as good as I have built him up to be. 

TheShow

Quote from: uglyuncle on June 16, 2008, 10:09:05 pm
First of all, I think every team needs a "mean" player.  An enforcer.  Someone that is going to hurt to foul, and will hurt you when he fouls.  Someone that makes little guards afraid to drive the lane.  I think Sanchez will be that guy.

Secondly, about him redshirting, I think he was still a little slowed by his knee injury and thought it better to give him an extra year to make sure they were strong.  I could be wrong on that, just guessing as to why.

That's right, I completely forgot about him recovering from his knee injury. Well it's gonna be nice to see some guys that will go all out and play with heart and passion for the game.  I think people are going to be surprised with how this team performs next year!  JMHO

Eddie Piggard

he knows how to dish the rock......
Pray for Obama. Psalms 109:8

Brass Knob

I love the way he goes after rebounds and looks to be a very good passer for a big, which is always a huge plus....In the clip he only dunked and shot layups... I never saw him in high school and am just wondering if he canstep out and knock down the 10 to 15 footer? Regardless he looks like a guy who is going to give the Hogs very nice boost down low.

cobra kai

June 18, 2008, 11:23:12 am #14 Last Edit: June 19, 2008, 02:31:48 am by cobra kai
Quote from: Brass Knob on June 18, 2008, 02:59:14 am
I love the way he goes after rebounds and looks to be a very good passer for a big, which is always a huge plus....In the clip he only dunked and shot layups... I never saw him in high school and am just wondering if he canstep out and knock down the 10 to 15 footer? Regardless he looks like a guy who is going to give the Hogs very nice boost down low.

Actually, in high school he was a very good, consistent 3-point shooter.   I didnt see him take very many mid-range jumpers, though and always thought that was one part of his game he needed to develop.  He almost always tried to drive all the way to the hole and either score or draw the foul.  Then he would step out periodically and knock down the 3.

booogaga

i think he will be solid for us next year.
GO HOGS!

ckhawgu

Good grief -- get this guy on the court and turn him loose!!!

Foshodo

I love how he looks as if he truly loves playing basketball... he's not just a tall guy that figured he could get a scholarship that way