Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Church league/City league basketball in Little Rock?

Started by neahog, June 08, 2008, 11:22:06 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

neahog

I'm moving to Little Rock in August, does anyone know of a good basketball league to join? If there is a Lutheran or Baptist church league I would be interested...I attend both churches currently, sort of a rotation, lol.
"I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle." -Winston Churchill

farhan

My brother played for Dunbar, dont know much more than that, but it was good, think Corliss played there.

neahog

Quote from: farhan on June 09, 2008, 12:23:11 am
My brother played for Dunbar, dont know much more than that, but it was good, think Corliss played there.

Dunbar? Is that a city league? I'm not familiar with Little Rock at all.
"I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle." -Winston Churchill

labb

There are several ciy league div. available. Everything from pro players down.

chooch_hog

the dunbar league is the summer league and several of the aau teams play along with several ex and current college/pro players trying to keep in shape. there is a good fall league run by the parks and rec dept with multiple talent levels. i played for 3-4 years to keep in shape. it was competitive but the ref's suck. the games are played at different junior high or middle school gyms. there are also multiple church leagues. pretty much all the big churches have teams. i even went to sunday school a few times to stay legit.

neahog

Quote from: labb on June 09, 2008, 10:22:38 am
There are several ciy league div. available. Everything from pro players down.

Yeah, I'm a 5'8 24 year old that did not play basketball in college or the pros. Anything for those of us that know how to play basketball and are decent, but can't jump and run a 6.0 second forty yard dash?

neahog

Quote from: NinoHog on June 10, 2008, 10:16:35 am
Having Joe drop a three on you is something to tell the grandkids

lol, I got to go to the Nice and Nasty basketball camp at UALR when I was like 13 years old. We got to play against D-Fish and Corliss, I've still got some great pics! Fisher got drafted half way through the week and had to leave to go to L.A. We (the kids) actually got to spend Fisher's draft day with him in Little Rock! It was pretty cool.

neahog

Yeah, as I recall he really didn't think he was going in the first round. It was pretty cool.