Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Arkansas players trying to make the NBA

Started by AnthroHog, June 04, 2008, 04:57:44 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

AnthroHog

June 04, 2008, 04:57:44 pm Last Edit: June 04, 2008, 05:02:42 pm by AnthroHog
Haven't been able to find anything on where Sonny Weems has gone to work out for specific teams, but he's moved up the nbadraft.net mock draft. He showed how athletic he is at the NBA camp. 

http://www.nbadraft.net/2008nbapredraftcamp008.asp

Darian Townes was working out for the Heat.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/sfl-flspheatnote04sbjun04,0,110659.story

Steven Hill is working out for the Knicks.

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/knicks/2008/06/predraft-workouts-could-be-tel.html

Does anyone know if our other former players are working out for teams or at camps?

Foshodo

wouldnt be shocked to see Dontell Jefferson and Olu still running around the camps trying to stick somewhere... Last I read, Weems started out shooting poorly but worked his way into better performances... I thought I read somewhere that people are saying his ball handling looks like it's improved some as well.

bd93

Quote from: Foshodo on June 04, 2008, 05:12:01 pm
wouldnt be shocked to see Dontell Jefferson and Olu still running around the camps trying to stick somewhere... Last I read, Weems started out shooting poorly but worked his way into better performances... I thought I read somewhere that people are saying his ball handling looks like it's improved some as well.

I don't know if it means anything but on facebook he joined the Cleveland, OH network.

hawgsav1

i heard some scouts say they love his athleticism, but he needs to loosen up and be more aggressive so he can stand out more and so they can evaluate him better.
Revenge is a dish best served cold. - Klingon Proverb

HotlantaHog

Would love to see Steven Hill get a shot.

hogfan0307

According to nbadraft.net, Weems was a top-5 performer at the pre-draft camp

pfrg999

Weems will play in the NBA as well as Hill, an Athletic shot blocking 7-footer will get a shot... if they run even close to the same system as they did in Phoenix Hill could be conribute quality minutes... If he could get some some help on the offensive end of the court he could do quite well.
Townes in the right system could become a good player if he keeps his mind in the game.
Musician, Audio Engineer, Entertainment <br />Writer and Hardcore Razorback watching Hog Fan!!!

highroller

Vincent Hunter told me he's worked out for Boston and Cleveland. Sounds like he's got a shot in the D league.

BigSexyHog

There are so many leagues now they all have a shot to play somewhere.
Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

hogginbama

Wish them nothing but the best of luck.

And bigsexyhog, that is one hell of an avatar you have there. Now I know why there are so many male cheerleaders.
My ole buddy Biscuit has crossed that rainbow bridge. Life sure is different without him around.

neahog

When is the NBA draft?

I really feel like Steven Hill could have a long term career in the NBA playing 6-8 minutes/game and scoring like 1.5 ppg/1.0 bbg.
"I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle." -Winston Churchill

hawgsav1

John Hollinger ranked Patrick Beverley in his top 20 rising underclassmen for next year,though I don't see Patrick Beverley making such a hot pro unless he switches to the point

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/draft2008/insider/columns/story?columnist=hollinger_john&page=ProRater-071228
Revenge is a dish best served cold. - Klingon Proverb

touchdownark

Quote from: hawgsav1 on June 08, 2008, 11:04:28 pm
John Hollinger ranked Patrick Beverley in his top 20 rising underclassmen for next year,though I don't see Patrick Beverley making such a hot pro unless he switches to the point

Agree with you totally

L.A.

Quote from: neahog on June 08, 2008, 10:44:47 pm
When is the NBA draft?

I really feel like Steven Hill could have a long term career in the NBA playing 6-8 minutes/game and scoring like 1.5 ppg/1.0 bbg.

;D  Now that is funny!

Special Delivery Jones

Quote from: L.A. on June 10, 2008, 09:43:05 am
;D  Now that is funny!

That is funny, but I am not sure it is funny as hearing that Hill is an athletic 7 footer.  See above.

neahog

Quote from: L.A. on June 10, 2008, 09:43:05 am
;D  Now that is funny!

haha, it is funny, but I'm being serious. With his size and experience playing basketball in the SEC I'd be willing to bet he makes a team and plays for a long time. Albeit in a very limited role.
"I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle." -Winston Churchill

Special Delivery Jones

They will limit his to Israel most likely.