Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

was at bud walton tonight

Started by ua_hogs, June 04, 2008, 01:18:09 am

Previous topic - Next topic

ua_hogs

for the lifehouse and taylor swift concert and couldn't help but look up to the ceiling at the banners hanging down from the roof and it got me excited for sports to roll back around. 

i also couldn't help but notice that i couldn't remember the last time it was that loud for a basketball game.  we (the fans) should act like the 8ish year old girls did tonight when taylor swift came out to perform, but for the razorbacks.  maybe not in the high pitch ear ringing tone but the excitement level should be the same.

hopefully pelphery can get some people excited about hog basketball like those girls were for t.s.

Hollywood_HOGan45

it was really loud for the florida game and especially when Bobby Petrino led his first hogcall.

HotlantaHog

Showing my age, I imagine, but who is lifehouse and taylor swift?

BallHog1

Sound like some kind of superheros. T. Swift - like Flash Gordon??   Lighthouse - Some kind of vision thing, can see in the dark??

zebra

Quote from: HotlantaHog on June 04, 2008, 07:38:09 am
Showing my age, I imagine, but who is lifehouse and taylor swift?

With help from Wikipedia:
Lifehouse is an American rock band. They came to prominence in 2001 with the hit single "Hanging by a Moment" from their debut major label album, No Name Face. The single won a Billboard Music Award for Hot 100 Single of the Year, beating out Janet Jackson and Alicia Keys for the No.1 Single of 2001. In 2002, they released their follow up album Stanley Climbfall. The band's third album, self-titled Lifehouse, was released in 2005. The band released their fourth studio album, Who We Are, on June 19, 2007. The trio consists of Jason Wade, Rick Woolstenhulme Jr. and Bryce Soderberg, and an additional guitarist (currently Ben Carey) while on tour.

Taylor Alison Swift is an American country music singer-songwriter. Signed to the independent Big Machine Records label in 2006, Taylor made her debut on the U.S. Billboard country charts with the release of her debut single "Tim McGraw".
Her self-titled debut album was released in late 2006, and has since been certified triple platinum by the RIAA in the United States. To date, it has sold 2,965,700 copies in the U.S and it has produced four Top Ten singles on the U.S. Billboard Hot Country Songs, including the Number One single "Our Song"; four of her singles have also reached Top 40 on the Billboard Hot 100. The album was re-issued in 2008 with a set of bonus tracks.

DeuceHawg

To get back on subject...I agree with you.  I just graduated from the U of A and when I was in the student section it was normally pretty good and loud, but when I sat elsewhere especially at basketball games it was boring and I felt like I couldn't cheer because everyone else was just sitting there like it was a tee ball game.

hogsndawgs

Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan45 on June 04, 2008, 07:16:02 am
it was really loud for the florida game and especially when Bobby Petrino led his first hogcall.

You're right, there were certainly moments last year when it was loud as hell!

HotlantaHog

Quote from: zebra on June 04, 2008, 09:23:44 am

With help from Wikipedia:
Lifehouse is an American rock band. They came to prominence in 2001 with the hit single "Hanging by a Moment" from their debut major label album, No Name Face. The single won a Billboard Music Award for Hot 100 Single of the Year, beating out Janet Jackson and Alicia Keys for the No.1 Single of 2001. In 2002, they released their follow up album Stanley Climbfall. The band's third album, self-titled Lifehouse, was released in 2005. The band released their fourth studio album, Who We Are, on June 19, 2007. The trio consists of Jason Wade, Rick Woolstenhulme Jr. and Bryce Soderberg, and an additional guitarist (currently Ben Carey) while on tour.

Taylor Alison Swift is an American country music singer-songwriter. Signed to the independent Big Machine Records label in 2006, Taylor made her debut on the U.S. Billboard country charts with the release of her debut single "Tim McGraw".
Her self-titled debut album was released in late 2006, and has since been certified triple platinum by the RIAA in the United States. To date, it has sold 2,965,700 copies in the U.S and it has produced four Top Ten singles on the U.S. Billboard Hot Country Songs, including the Number One single "Our Song"; four of her singles have also reached Top 40 on the Billboard Hot 100. The album was re-issued in 2008 with a set of bonus tracks.

+1

Many thanks!

CPL HOG

I was also there last night and was thinking we should sound more like the international groups there for Wal-Mart.  I think one group there was louder than any crowd I have heard in the last 8 years.

acepoker

sasnakrafan

the brazillians are awesome... it was like a soccer game.

zebra

June 05, 2008, 08:24:15 am #11 Last Edit: June 05, 2008, 08:28:13 am by zebra
Went to concerts Wednesday night, good stuff.

One Republic opened, 3 songs, including Apologize, very good.

All-American Rejects, about 8 songs, including It Ends Tonight.  They were okay, songs may have done more for me had I not seen them.  They were those kids from school, who wore the girl jeans(so their legs would look skinny), sparkly belts, long hair, tad to feminine, even though, he continued to reference the crowd as sexy, sexy Wal-Mart people.

Journey, abour 18 songs, sang probably 9 new songs, with 9 favorites, including Open Arms, Faithfully, Wheel in the Sky, etc.  The crowd was loving the oldies, but pretty much sat and took in the new songs, as the album just came out yesterday, so no one had heard the songs yet.  The strangest moment of all, may have been as the group came out to start and the four old rockers, including a couple of original members (all in their 50's) came out, then the new lead singer(Arnel Pineda) ran out, acted and looked like he was 20 (but he is really 40), but he is Asian American, so most of the crowd expecting Steve Perry were taken a back by the high kicking, jumping, running Asian man.  They were very entertaining, and the crowd surprised by the new face, got into it when they broke out the oldies, as they still sounded the same.

For your Razorback update:  John Pelphrey was in a sky box, with his wife and friends.  The wife seemed to know the words, and John seemed to enjoy the concert although not knowing the words, they must not have radio in Paintsville, KY.

Also, Hogville's favorite Matt Shanklin was in the box as well. 

Tomhog™

It was loud, but not Ark-Mizzou opening year (1993) loud.  There were multiple times the noise became deafening.

Smokehouse

Quote from: zebra on June 05, 2008, 08:24:15 am
Went to concerts Wednesday night, good stuff.

One Republic opened, 3 songs, including Apologize, very good.

All-American Rejects, about 8 songs, including It Ends Tonight.  They were okay, songs may have done more for me had I not seen them.  They were those kids from school, who wore the girl jeans(so their legs would look skinny), sparkly belts, long hair, tad to feminine, even though, he continued to reference the crowd as sexy, sexy Wal-Mart people.

Journey, abour 18 songs, sang probably 9 new songs, with 9 favorites, including Open Arms, Faithfully, Wheel in the Sky, etc.  The crowd was loving the oldies, but pretty much sat and took in the new songs, as the album just came out yesterday, so no one had heard the songs yet.  The strangest moment of all, may have been as the group came out to start and the four old rockers, including a couple of original members (all in their 50's) came out, then the new lead singer(Arnel Pineda) ran out, acted and looked like he was 20 (but he is really 40), but he is Asian American, so most of the crowd expecting Steve Perry were taken a back by the high kicking, jumping, running Asian man.  They were very entertaining, and the crowd surprised by the new face, got into it when they broke out the oldies, as they still sounded the same.

For your Razorback update:  John Pelphrey was in a sky box, with his wife and friends.  The wife seemed to know the words, and John seemed to enjoy the concert although not knowing the words, they must not have radio in Paintsville, KY.

Also, Hogville's favorite Matt Shanklin was in the box as well. 

I was at the concert too, was pleasantly surprised to see One Republic, since they technically weren't on the program, all-american rejects made me want to bang my head into a brick wall until I was unconcious and couldn't hear them any more, and Journey was amazing.

Then, as I was leaving, I looked back to hold the door open for the person behind me and realized it was none other than John Pelphrey.

Also, since I'm in the band I don't experience the old people asking you to sit down at games people complain about on here a lot, but at the concert I was standing up for Journey (because, it's Journey, why the heck wouldn't you!?) and the guys behind us asked us to sit down because they didn't want to stand up the whole concert. I mean, it's Journey, probably the only opportunity I'll get to see them and if I'm sitting I can't see past the camera boom that was pannign over the floor crowd. Then, during Don't Stop Believing, one of the guys that asked us to sit down answered his cell phone. So, during the soft intro I had to listen to "yeah, yeah man! I'm at a Journey concert! Yeah, a Journey concert!" Almost put a damper on the evening.
QuoteSometimes a warrior just has to lay down on the ground there for a minute and just have a good bleed. Just bleed.

Words of wisdom from John Pelphrey.

ua_hogs

forgot about petrino making an appearance at halftime, that was loud, but it wasnt during the game. 

Smithian

Disagree completely. That Florida game was rocking more in the last 10 minutes of a blowout than it was at the most crucial moments of any games the last 10 years.

I mean, my gosh, everyone... It isn't that bad any more.

arkansasmaniac

Quote from: Smithian on June 06, 2008, 01:02:41 am
Disagree completely. That Florida game was rocking more in the last 10 minutes of a blowout than it was at the most crucial moments of any games the last 10 years.

Thank you.
I'm in the student section every game and we're rocking the whole time.

Smithian

I mean, I am sure in the glory days of early Bud Walton and late Barnhill, it was better than now, but they're acting like it was just as loud versus like Missouri Southern as it was against like Alabama or Florida these days.

I used to agree with people complaining about the fans and the student section, but when there was a thread after the Florida game screaming, it made me furious. "They're awful. During that timeout, those losers were talking to eachother. During the play where Florida got that one basket, they were just cheering, not jumping up and down. I can't believe just how far we've fallen I can't believe those fools would be as horrible as to chant "overrated". Oh yeah, the band sucks, too. They might have got the whole crowd to cheer, but they just don't understand what it used to be like. I mean, I could tell while sitting at my house it wasn't as good as the old days."

Zero Tolerance

Quote from: Tomhog™ on June 05, 2008, 08:29:42 am
It was loud, but not Ark-Mizzou opening year (1993) loud.  There were multiple times the noise became deafening.
I was there for that Mizzou game in 1993 and most of those home games that national title year. Still wasn't quite as loud as the Auburn game back in '99 when the Tigers came in ranked No. 2 in the nation and the Hogs throttled them.
Jeff Long + John Pelphrey + Bobby Petrino = The dawning of a glorious new era in Arkansas sports

ua_hogs

Quote from: Smithian on June 06, 2008, 01:02:41 am

that was 10 minutes of one game, i just want it to be like that for every game, (not necessarily the sw mizzou tech type teams)  i know it gets loud for big time conference games, i just want it to be rocking all the time.  i just wish the student section was longer, instead of higher to get that enthuasim spread the length of the court.

and btw the overrated chant is dumb   

arkansasmaniac

Quote from: ua_hogs on June 09, 2008, 12:37:53 am
that was 10 minutes of one game, i just want it to be like that for every game, (not necessarily the sw mizzou tech type teams)  i know it gets loud for big time conference games, i just want it to be rocking all the time.  i just wish the student section was longer, instead of higher to get that enthuasim spread the length of the court.

the overrated chant may be dumb, but it works everytime!
especially at the florida came when we clapped the gator chomp!
that was AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ua_hogs

Quote from: arkansasmaniac on June 09, 2008, 11:43:59 am
the overrated chant may be dumb, but it works everytime!
especially at the florida came when we clapped the gator chomp!
that was AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i agree, us doing the gator chomp was AMAZING.
i dont get what you mean by the overrated chant working though?

arkansasmaniac

Quote from: ua_hogs on June 09, 2008, 11:54:13 pm
i agree, us doing the gator chomp was AMAZING.
i dont get what you mean by the overrated chant working though?

It seems to me like when we chant it, our team scores at will.
I know it's usually at the end of the game when the game looks like it's ours anyway, but I guess just seeing the guys on the bench looking all pissed off when we're chanting it makes me happy....just as long as they don't come up and ron artest us.  lol

ballhog™

Quote from: Zero Tolerance on June 08, 2008, 01:39:43 am
I was there for that Mizzou game in 1993 and most of those home games that national title year. Still wasn't quite as loud as the Auburn game back in '99 when the Tigers came in ranked No. 2 in the nation and the Hogs throttled them.

I have had season tickets since BWA opened...there is no doubt in my mind that was the loudest it has ever been there.
Touchdown Arkansas! Oh My! --Paul Eells- Voice of the Razorbacks-Southern Gentleman

I do believe you have to be able to run the football when you want to, run the football when you have to. I believe you have to be able to throw the football when you want to, and throw the football when you have to.  --Former Razorback Head Football Coach Bobby Petrino.

ua_hogs

Quote from: arkansasmaniac on June 10, 2008, 10:51:07 am
It seems to me like when we chant it, our team scores at will.
I know it's usually at the end of the game when the game looks like it's ours anyway, but I guess just seeing the guys on the bench looking all pissed off when we're chanting it makes me happy....just as long as they don't come up and ron artest us.  lol

yea, its a good chant to trash talk (chant) the other team, which is always fun, just undermines our teams accomplishment a little. (even though they could probably care less)

if the frenchmen Noah came into the stands i would pull on that hideous hair. 

imhogwild2

Quote from: ua_hogs on June 09, 2008, 12:37:53 am

I agree the overrated chant is dumb. We should chant underrated instead of overrated because underrated would make the hogs look better!
Bring back slobbering hog. Member Since 12/1/2006

Marshfieldhog

The 1999 Auburn game was the loudest Walton crowd..the 1993 Mizzou game was good too.