Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bama gets Basketball Boost

Started by return2glory, June 02, 2008, 04:27:49 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

return2glory

Bama's bball team just got a lot better.  Ronald Steele and Alonzo Gee have removed their name from the draft.  No word has come from the Richard Hendrix camp as of yet. 

If Steele can return to his form from a couple years ago, they could have a pretty good squad. 

return2glory

hawgsav1

They got a big time scorer coming in next year too with Jamychal Thompson (sp?)  I hope I got his name right.  I saw some video of him.  That kid is baller.
Revenge is a dish best served cold. - Klingon Proverb

oldfart

i am pretty sure Riley graduated, or at least completed his eligibility

Quote from: raginwildfire on June 02, 2008, 04:55:09 pm
What about that Riley kid from Pine Bluff?   That kid is lethal when he is on

Darren DeLoach

i hate to be critical, but mark gottfried has a knack for accumulating incredible talent; yet said talent never seems to produce as expected.

so until gottfried proves otherwise, i am not to overly concerned with them.
ο λογος υμων παντοτε εν χαριτι αλατι ηρτυμενος ειδεναι πως δει υμας ενι εκαστω αποκρινεσθαι

hawgsav1

Quote from: semohawg on June 02, 2008, 09:31:57 pm
i hate to be critical, but mark gottfried has a knack for accumulating incredible talent; yet said talent never seems to produce as expected.

I agree with you, but Gottfried has a tendency to have his team produce right when no one expects anything out of them (remember the Elite 8 runs?).  I don't think people are expecting much out of them.

Darren DeLoach

Quote from: hawgsav1 on June 02, 2008, 09:37:03 pm
I agree with you, but Gottfried has a tendency to have his team produce right when no one expects anything out of them (remember the Elite 8 runs?).  I don't think people are expecting much out of them.

touché
ο λογος υμων παντοτε εν χαριτι αλατι ηρτυμενος ειδεναι πως δει υμας ενι εκαστω αποκρινεσθαι

3kgthog

Quote from: semohawg on June 02, 2008, 09:31:57 pm

Amen brother. Bama is like the Buzz Peterson Tennessee teams. All the talent in the world yet still sucking.

The Realist

Good thing they still have Gotfried to keep them down.
"We've got chips on our shoulder and really want to go out and show everybody what we can do.  We're not asking for anybody to give us the respect we deserve, but we plan on going out and taking it."
Childs, Gregory.

OrangeNinja

Not so fast on Steele.  I would still bet on him returning, but apparently, Steele says that Gottfried misunderstood and that he still plans to attend a few more workouts before withdrawing from the draft.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=3423261

jry04

Quote from: hawgsav1 on June 02, 2008, 09:37:03 pm
Actually, a lot of people will be expecting a lot out of them this year, especially if Hendrix stays. Towards the end of the year last year, all the talk about the future was if LSU and Alabama kept the talent they had, they would be the class of the SEC and Bama would likely win the SEC West. If Hendrix stays, I think Bama will have the best team in the SEC as long as Steele can go back to his old form.

Hogginitall

No Hendrix = No Good

I don't care if Steele and Gee both stay.  If they don't have Hendrix, they'll be worse than they were last year.

hawgsav1

Quote from: rsvl_hogfan4 on June 03, 2008, 11:09:47 am
Actually, a lot of people will be expecting a lot out of them this year, especially if Hendrix stays. Towards the end of the year last year, all the talk about the future was if LSU and Alabama kept the talent they had, they would be the class of the SEC and Bama would likely win the SEC West. If Hendrix stays, I think Bama will have the best team in the SEC as long as Steele can go back to his old form.

No I keep telling you guys, it all depends on Bama's expectations.  I don't care if they have leBron James on their roster.  If they're expected to perform well, they're bound to underperform.  If they only have left footed midgets, they'll do well as long as expectations are low :D

Hogimus Prime

from what ive read  Steele doesnt have the speed and quickness he had before.