Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hogs Add South Alabama to 2008-2009 Basketball Schedule

Started by chiefsfan, May 29, 2008, 04:43:55 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

chiefsfan

4 year home and home deal starting in Mobile this season.   South Alabama's contract with Pelphrey contained a clause  which states that Pelphrey must schedule USA with his new team as soon as reasonably possible

Arkansas went a step farther and scheduled it for a 4 game home and home.  My understanding is that we were only obligated to one game in Mobile.

USA is very very good.   I think we all know this by now.   They beat Auburn last season.

Here is the current nonconference schedule that we know of

@ Missouri State
@ South Alabama
vs  Baylor  (Little Rock)
vs Texas   (If they dont duck and run again)
vs Oklahoma

Pre Season tourney  (Location Teams unknown)
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

HotlantaHog

Quote from: chiefsfan on May 29, 2008, 04:43:55 pm
4 year home and home deal starting in Mobile this season.   South Alabama's contract with Pelphrey contained a clause  which states that Pelphrey must schedule USA with his new team as soon as reasonably possible

Arkansas went a step farther and scheduled it for a 4 game home and home.  My understanding is that we were only obligated to one game in Mobile.

USA is very very good.   I think we all know this by now.   They beat Mississippi State last season.

Here is the current nonconference schedule that we know of

@ Missouri State
@ South Alabama
vs Oklahoma

Good stuff!

This looks like a very strong nonconference schedule that should give Hogs a decent RPI, which matters a  lot if Arkansas ends up as a bubble team (very likely)....

I am hopeful Oklahoma and Texas will be scheduled on Saturdays so I can get to the games, one or both. Between those and the SEC games, it should be a great schedule from a fan's standpoint. And of course Kentucky will be a home game this year.

chiefsfan

May 29, 2008, 05:05:20 pm #2 Last Edit: May 29, 2008, 05:07:09 pm by chiefsfan
Quote from: HotlantaHog on May 29, 2008, 04:57:51 pm
Good stuff!

This looks like a very strong nonconference schedule that should give Hogs a decent RPI, which matters a  lot if Arkansas ends up as a bubble team (very likely)....

I am hopeful Oklahoma and Texas will be scheduled on Saturdays so I can get to the games, one or both. Between those and the SEC games, it should be a great schedule from a fan's standpoint. And of course Kentucky will be a home game this year.

Tennessee is also a home game this year.   We will have a very strong home schedule.  No doubt about it.   RPI wont be a problem this year

The Missouri State Road game is part of a deal signed several years ago.  We are opening night for their brand new arena

I said in my original post that USA beat Miss State last year.   They beat Auburn.    MSU didnt even play them
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

Hollywood_HOGan45

dont like it one bit playing down there in mobile two times

darth sooie

No missouri? that should be a kansas city-LR series played ever year. I'd also really like to see Memphis and UNC . Also, would like to see a double-header at the cowboys/jerry jones pad with texas, texas A&M, and the hogs as the anchor teams, than bring in a name school...LSU, unc, etc and rotate ark playing texas and texas A&M every year.

chiefsfan

Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan45 on May 29, 2008, 05:43:48 pm

Eh we have to play one game down there by contract.   Might as well play 2.   Its a game we can win and helps our RPI

DMacIsASaint

@ Missouri State
@ South Alabama
vs Oklahoma

Lets not be a little hypocritical, Texas fans would say we duck and ran until 2015 for football...

CarolinaHog1176

USA is very very good.   I think we all know this by now.   They beat Auburn last season.

uhhh....  and Auburn was good last year?
WOOOOO PIG SOOIE

HotlantaHog

Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan45 on May 29, 2008, 05:43:48 pm

I had to check on the Net to find out where South Alabama was and unfortunately it is not close to Hotlanta, but may be it is reachable from part of Arkansas by driving, if the game is on a Saturday.

hogsanity

How come, everytime we schedule a home and home with someone, in any sport, we are always on the road for the first game?  Happened with Texas in 03/04 in fb, happened wth USC in FB, happeneing again with TX in FB.  Happened with OU in bball, and Texas in BB.  Now this time happened again.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

PorkSoda

Quote from: DMacIsASaint on May 30, 2008, 12:09:43 am
Lets not be a little hypocritical, Texas fans would say we duck and ran until 2015 for football...
Funny, they were very quick to abligue.  I would wonder if they weren't looking forward to playing in fayetteville with Mallet eligible.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

3kgthog

I'm cool with this, but we should never schedule OU or OSU again. They both own us no matter how bad they are and how good we are or vice versa.

HotlantaHog

Quote from: 3kgthog on June 02, 2008, 03:46:11 pm
I'm cool with this, but we should never schedule OU or OSU again. They both own us no matter how bad they are and how good we are or vice versa.
They are good regional rivals, usually top 25 teams so that a win helps us and a loss doesn't hurt too much.... Maybe wishful thinking, but under Coach Pel, maybe we can start winning some big games?

Fort Swine

If we can get a W against Baylor, OU, and Texas - do we get a Big 12 South ring?  I like that we are playing good teams early in the year.  It might not show early, but later on in the year - that schedule will pay off.  With a young team, it is good to see a quality home schedule with winnable road games.
"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking." - General George S. Patton, Jr.