Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hogs in the running for transfer ISU Wesley Johnson

Started by curioushog42, May 28, 2008, 12:33:51 am

Previous topic - Next topic

mj4president

Sorry but I don't want any Iowa St. players. That team is a joke.
"Let's do this tonight! Nothing like a legendary night to remember. I'll tell all my grand pups one day about the 3 am walk off home run by Jared Gates." MJ4President just hours before it happened.

curioushog42

May 28, 2008, 12:40:32 am #2 Last Edit: May 28, 2008, 12:43:18 am by curioushog42
Your right about the team, but he carried that lowly team. Look at the teams that trying to get him. I hear Kentucky is in the running also. Check this out.

http://www.aseaofblue.com/2008/5/20/523611/who-is-wesley-johnson

Quote from: mj4president on May 28, 2008, 12:37:49 am

neahog

Yeah, that's what Wesley Johnson realized. Just because a player comes from a crappy team doesn't mean that he is a crappy player. Brett Favre came from So Miss, Derrick Fisher came from UALR.
"I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle." -Winston Churchill

philobeddoe

The two stats that stand out to me are the 8 rebounds per game and 77% from the freethrow line.

curioushog42

May 28, 2008, 01:02:29 am #5 Last Edit: May 28, 2008, 01:12:02 am by curioushog42
Also, 12.4 points a games as a freshman in 2007. He was also a freshman All American. Iowa State is talking about his transfer.

http://www.cyclones.com/SportSelect.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=10700&KEY=&SPID=4252&SPSID=46661

Quote from: philobeddoe on May 28, 2008, 12:54:30 am
The two stats that stand out to me are the 8 rebounds per game and 77% from the freethrow line.

deshahawg

Quote from: neahog on May 28, 2008, 12:43:45 am
Yeah, that's what Wesley Johnson realized. Just because a player comes from a crappy team doesn't mean that he is a crappy player. Brett Favre came from So Miss, Derrick Fisher came from UALR.

You beat me to it.

BigDrDon

You gonna look me dead in the eye,hold a straight face ,and swear to me,that the forward pass is legal?

SPAL

mj4president

Quote from: neahog on May 28, 2008, 12:43:45 am

And he is a brett favre or derrick fisher?.......doubt it
"Let's do this tonight! Nothing like a legendary night to remember. I'll tell all my grand pups one day about the 3 am walk off home run by Jared Gates." MJ4President just hours before it happened.

BEvERage

May 28, 2008, 09:11:26 am #11 Last Edit: May 28, 2008, 09:17:07 am by BEvERage
Quote from: mj4president on May 28, 2008, 08:45:33 am
have you seen him play? gotta agree though, jamaal tinsley, jeff hornacek, fred hoiberg, jeff grayer, marcus fizer and kelvin cato all played at isu and i would not have wanted any of them playing for the razorbacks. isu is a sucky program.

neahog

May 28, 2008, 09:18:50 am #12 Last Edit: May 28, 2008, 09:20:47 am by neahog

I never claimed he was either, however you stated that he was necessarily not good becasue he was from ISU. I was just pointing out that you were using flawed reasoning. I don't know a whole lot about him, but I've heard that he is legit. Maybe he's not, I'll trust Pel and the coaching staff to evaluate him.
"I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle." -Winston Churchill

Maverick Razorback

Quote from: philobeddoe on May 28, 2008, 12:54:30 am
question is...can he catch a pass and run a fly route?
IF YOU AINT FIRST...YOUR LAST!!

One of Arkansas last lowriders.

HoopS

Because he's at Iowa State we shouldn't consider him?   That doesn't make a bit of sense. 

Wild Bill Hog

So you're saying the guy isn't capable of playing QB in the NFL?

ConwayHog

Wow.  That's some really poor reasoning.  Would you like the board to list about 50 examples in 10 minutes or would you rather retract that statement?

HawgAdvocate

Quote from: Tomhog™ on May 28, 2008, 07:51:08 am
I believe Arkansas has reqeusted permission to talk with him.

I'm not liking this delay in clearing Jason Henry's grades. Johnson would have to sit a year, and wouldn't directly help us this season, but he's a swingman...and most likely an impact starter at the 3.

I saw the 50/50 update to Henry that came yesterday. I'm going to assume we won't be getting Henry.
"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

SooiecidetillNuttgone

His response to me:
Quote from: hawginbigd1 on October 13, 2016, 11:48:33 am
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?

keithh1999

What kind of rationale is that?? So, we shouldn't recruit or accept transfers from anyone other than championship teams? I am glad this isn't up to you.
Pig Farmers are cool.

dougieritch

Small Minded Fool...Scotty Thurman, Corey Beck, Dewight Stewart, Al Dillard weren't highly recruited but they helped the HOGS make a run at the NC two years in a row!

Killean

Arkansas never lost to LSU while Shaq played there.. but you'd be nuts if you said we wouldn't have taken Shaq as a transfer :P
Everyone is born with the right to exist. When you become a Nazi you give up that right.

curioushog42

I just notice on ISU website, ISU just allowed 8 schools for Johnson to talk with. Arkansas being one of them.

http://www.cyclones.com/SportSelect.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=10700&KEY=&SPID=4252&SPSID=46661

Silver Hog

Quote from: keithh1999 on May 28, 2008, 11:27:12 am
What kind of rationale is that?? So, we shouldn't recruit or accept transfers from anyone other than championship teams? I am glad this isn't up to you.

and you better totally forget about high school teams, because compared to college level they ALL suck!

sasnakrafan

larry bird played for indiana state... i would have taken him in a heartbeat.

Hogginitall

Quote from: sasnakrafan on May 29, 2008, 03:53:37 pm
larry bird played for indiana state... i would have taken him in a heartbeat.

Why?

Hogaliciousness

Interesting that Kentucky (who some have suggested has an interest in him) was not on the list of 8 schools given the chance to talk with him... 
I am ready for some football!

Hogimus Prime

i say take him, even if Henry is elgible.   you add a guy with 2 years left with 2 years D-1 experience, plus a redshirt year to learn the system

kibster

Quote from: Hogaliciousness on May 29, 2008, 08:57:04 pm
Interesting that Kentucky (who some have suggested has an interest in him) was not on the list of 8 schools given the chance to talk with him... 

I have heard that KY may have contacted him before he was given his release by the school which they can't do, so ISU decided not to allow him to be released to them.
Electronic communities build nothing. You wind up with nothing. We are dancing animals. How beautiful it is to get up and go out and do something. We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different. - Kurt Vonnegut

The Realist

Shawn Taggart of Memphis transferred from Iowa State as well.  They do have some decent players
"We've got chips on our shoulder and really want to go out and show everybody what we can do.  We're not asking for anybody to give us the respect we deserve, but we plan on going out and taking it."
Childs, Gregory.

alaback

Iowa State lost to Hampton as #2 seed in Boise when we lost on a buzzer beater to Georgetown in 2001.  I know it has nothing to do with anything, but when was the last time the Hogs were a #2 seed?

Zero Tolerance

Quote from: alaback on June 02, 2008, 08:42:14 am
Iowa State lost to Hampton as #2 seed in Boise when we lost on a buzzer beater to Georgetown in 2001.  I know it has nothing to do with anything, but when was the last time the Hogs were a #2 seed?
And the year before, Iowa State was in the Elite 8 and really could've have been in the Final Four had the Cyclones not lost to Michigan State in "neutral" Auburn Hills, Mich. I have a friend who's a big ISU fan and he swears that that 2000 team was right up there with Michigan State among the best teams in the country and I tend to agree with him. That was a fun team to watch.
Jeff Long + John Pelphrey + Bobby Petrino = The dawning of a glorious new era in Arkansas sports

The Realist

"We've got chips on our shoulder and really want to go out and show everybody what we can do.  We're not asking for anybody to give us the respect we deserve, but we plan on going out and taking it."
Childs, Gregory.

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: kibster on May 30, 2008, 07:30:58 am
I have heard that KY may have contacted him before he was given his release by the school which they can't do, so ISU decided not to allow him to be released to them.

I didn't think Gillespie contacted players that old.    ;)