Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bud Walton Arena Renovations

Started by ATrain, May 20, 2008, 08:34:27 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ATrain

When are the renovations to Bud Walton Arena occuring and what exactly is set to take place?

mj4president

i didn't know there was going to be any. but i'd like to see them replace the thurman and corliss plastic things with the exact same thing....just brand new. those things are getting kinda faded.
"Let's do this tonight! Nothing like a legendary night to remember. I'll tell all my grand pups one day about the 3 am walk off home run by Jared Gates." MJ4President just hours before it happened.

FaytownHog

agreed, those pics are looking worse then a game on raycom! anywho, rumor has it that jeff long wants to move press row back, possibly to the top of the lower section, and put "prime" seating down there, and possibly move the student section 2 where they can be more effective. also supposedly a couple more minor things. there both sound good though, we need as many riled up fans as close 2 the floor as possible! make this place more of a dread 4 opposing players 2 come 2! its (jeff) long over do! GO HOGS!

JFHWGBKRIII

I don't care where they put the student section.  The students need to fill it up every game.  The section is meaningless unless it is full.

Reservoir Hogs

I want video boards around the areana like all the pros have now... that would rock, and I dont think I have seen any college venues that have them yet

sasnakrafan

this what what all i have heard.... pressrow will be moved back, the student section will be moved and will be larger than it previously was to accomodate for more of the standing student section. there will be lcd boards going around the upperdeck frontplates and the floor will be new or renewed? but yep that was first hand information, not joe's cousin who knows a turtle, who heard it from tom who's friends with broyles grandaughter type info.

Reservoir Hogs

Quote from: sasnakrafan on May 21, 2008, 11:48:23 am
this what what all i have heard.... pressrow will be moved back, the student section will be moved and will be larger than it previously was to accomodate for more of the standing student section. there will be lcd boards going around the upperdeck frontplates and the floor will be new or renewed? but yep that was first hand information, not joe's cousin who knows a turtle, who heard it from tom who's friends with broyles grandaughter type info.

I listed the LCD boards as something I really want to happen... I have heard nothing about it though. 
I have heard similar things regarding the other changes you mentioned.

ua_hogs

all of the before mentioned improvements would be awesome.  moving press row back is probably the best improvement, just a waste of great seats.

BigoBoys

Moving Press Row back is a great idea!

phadedhawg

Take all the seats out so the old people have to stand up :)

j/k...kinda

bigred06

Quote from: sasnakrafan on May 21, 2008, 11:48:23 am
\and the floor will be new or renewed? b\

I hope you don't mean that they are getting rid of the slobberin' hog.
If God had meant for Texans to ski, he would have made cow-chit white.

Amityvillehogger

Quote from: bigred06 on May 28, 2008, 12:26:40 am
I hope you don't mean that they are getting rid of the slobberin' hog.

I wouldn't mind a lighter color wood, or lighter colored stain.  Keep the slobberin hog though.
Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

The_Iceman

if they move the student section tickets where they will be worth the money we shell out for them, then no doubt it will fill up. (also, take into account that the period from december to january alot of kids move back home.)

and if they want to definately fill it up, make tickets $1

Fort Swine

How many times has the floor been refinished?  You can only take it down so many times before you have to replace the wood.  When the arena was built, the floor was said to have great spring.  Has the subfloor taken that much of a beating that it needs to be redone?
"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking." - General George S. Patton, Jr.

3kgthog

I've always wondered why Bud Walton looks so dark on tv. The court looks like it's being lit by a couple of 60 watt bulbs.

Let's be radical and have an all-white floor with red paint area and FT line.

sasnakrafan

i was in the bud today for a lifehouse and taylor swift concert. as far as i can tell no improvements have been made to the bud... however walmart either has or rented amazing equipment for their shareholders meeting...  (2) HD projector about 20 x 15 (feet) and then the one on stage was about 50 x 50 and it was PERFECTLY CLEAR! I found myself watching the screen more than the actual performers.

if only i had walmart money.

Marshfieldhog

We do have one of the darkest gyms in the country, you can only see 5 rows up on TV..most gyms you can see real well.

PigSnort

Yes, it is very dark.  Hopefully any changes will include better lighting.

TomasPistola

Quote from: Marshfieldhog on June 04, 2008, 09:11:02 pm
We do have one of the darkest gyms in the country, you can only see 5 rows up on TV..most gyms you can see real well.

The darkness was intentional. It was supposed to give us a psychological edge. Y'know hearing a ton of cheering and Hog calls from the darkness. That was the idea.
Quote from: Hog Momster on January 06, 2011, 09:45:30 pm
You were right.
Quote from: Breems on April 28, 2011, 05:58:14 pm
You did a great job.
Quote from: Verge on June 22, 2011, 08:44:20 am
If you have some form of mental retardation i will stop making fun of you, just want to clarify this first.

mbgrulz

Did anyone see the way the Staples center did their starting lineups?

They dropped a giant curtain over the scoreboard and then projected short video clips of the starters as they called their names. it looked really cool. That is one way we could update the experience of going to a hawg game.

AFB1919

Quote from: Marshfieldhog on June 04, 2008, 09:11:02 pm

Some of this might be for effect...the Staples Center you will notice is really dark everywhere except for the floor.

More than likely though the games on TV are not being broadcast in HD. Your TV doesn't need to have HD, its just the production quality. Wait for a national game on ESPN or ESPN 2 (maybe FSN) and the arena will look much better.
All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen. --Ralph Waldo Emerson

booogaga

they just need to change the faded backlit/faded photos on all of the walls. those need to go first.
GO HOGS!

firemanhogfan

any improvements will just make the "bud" experience that much better
Go Hogs Go!!!

booogaga

Quote from: firemanhogfan on June 19, 2008, 10:02:36 am
any improvements will just make the "bud" experience that much better
Go Hogs Go!!!
agreed, i think the biggest improvement would be to add another national championship banner. that would be nice....
GO HOGS!

firemanhogfan

omg, i might explode!  Go Hogs Go!!!