Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Montrell McDonald is

Started by The Recruiting Guy, May 16, 2008, 12:37:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The Recruiting Guy

going to sign with Arkansas at 1 pm today.

razorbackfan4life

Awesome news!  Thanks Richard!

The_Iceman

HawgAdvocate

"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

Hogginitall

Perfect replacement for Daniel Payne!  I just want to make sure he's going to be eligible, since we keep adding recruits to the ineligible list recently.  Anyone know for sure?

inhognation

Great News.  We needed another 6'5", 6'6" guy after losing Payne, This will provide some more depth at that position with Henry and McDonald.

Jacobr

Quote from: Hogginitall on May 16, 2008, 12:56:41 pm
Perfect replacement for Daniel Payne!  I just want to make sure he's going to be eligible, since we keep adding recruits to the ineligible list recently.  Anyone know for sure?

He should be fine.  He qualified to go to GW in 2006.

Grades have never been an issue with Montrell.

Hogginitall

Quote from: Jacobr on May 16, 2008, 01:06:37 pm
He should be fine.  He qualified to go to GW in 2006.

Grades have never been an issue with Montrell.

Couple of cool pictures of him here:

http://www.cowleytigers.com/mbasketball/mbballphotos.html

You can also look at box scores of some of their games this year here (including his games against Daniel Payne):

http://www.cowleytigers.com/mbasketball/mbballschedule.html

Tomhog™

We will have a top-notch defender in McDonald.  I've heard for several days now he was a silent commit to the Hogs.  A pretty fair replacement for Daniel Payne.

Hogimus Prime

right on.  now we got someone to play some lockdown D to go with our offensive studs

BBHog

I'm hoping he's more than just a lockdown defender.  If that's all he is (I don't know, I've never seen him play), this board won't be so happy with him.  Most on here can't appreciate a great defender while being a role player on offense (Steven Hill anyone???).

Table Rocker

Don't u know defense is overrated BB?

kibster

Quote from: BBHog on May 16, 2008, 02:42:35 pm
I'm hoping he's more than just a lockdown defender.  If that's all he is (I don't know, I've never seen him play), this board won't be so happy with him.  Most on here can't appreciate a great defender while being a role player on offense (Steven Hill anyone???).

He is a pretty good scorer as well.   his coach was quoted saying that if there were not so many scores on the team that he would easily average 20+ a game.   his team had 5 players that averaged double digits.
Electronic communities build nothing. You wind up with nothing. We are dancing animals. How beautiful it is to get up and go out and do something. We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different. - Kurt Vonnegut

DeuceHawg

The good thing is that he will probably be finishing around when payne is ready to start.

hawgsav1

I know we needed guys, but this cuts down our schollies for next year's awesome 09 class...:(
Revenge is a dish best served cold. - Klingon Proverb

Hogginitall

Quote from: hawgsav1 on May 16, 2008, 03:38:12 pm
I know we needed guys, but this cuts down our schollies for next year's awesome 09 class...:(

He sounds worth it to me, especially since we lost Payne.

hawgsav1

that's 6 schollies this year though...

hawgsav1

Though I will admit, I remember Heath's first signing class was a big one, and I think the only one who stayed from that one was Eric Ferguson.  Everyone else left.

harmonyhog

Never can tell who might decide to transfer next year.
Marcus Britt for example.

Hogimus Prime

Quote from: harmonyhog on May 16, 2008, 03:46:41 pm

or who might give up their scholarship and stay on the team

hawgsav1

Quote from: harmonyhog on May 16, 2008, 03:46:41 pm

I dunno.  I know he's not that highly rated, but he was solid last year.  However, I could see him be pushed from scholarship.

Tomhog™

We'd be thin with only 10 scholarship players.  We needed his LOI.  Pelphrey's main job now is to win in 08'-09'.  Recruiting in 2009 will take care of itself.  Trust me.  If not me, trust Pel...

AnthroHog

This is great because if he's like Clint McDaniel then he'll help our defense a lot.

PorkSoda

I know why, because Arkansas is on the upswing.  TT...not so much.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

preach33

preach33

grayhawg

:razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: ;D ;D ;D WPS

hawgsav1

Quote from: Tomhog™ on May 16, 2008, 04:44:29 pm
We'd be thin with only 10 scholarship players.  We needed his LOI.  Pelphrey's main job now is to win in 08'-09'.  Recruiting in 2009 will take care of itself.  Trust me.  If not me, trust Pel...

I do trust Pel, I'm just wondering where the schollies are going to come from.  I know stars doesn't always make great players, but for us armchair folks, it's all we got going for us :D

opineonswine

Most excellent!!  Congrats Coach Pel and Montrell!!

elvis26

that is great news!! montrell will be a great player for us. we will still get the players we need next year. things have a way of working out for the best!! thanks elvis26

Tomhog™

Quote from: hawgsav1 on May 16, 2008, 05:57:31 pm
I do trust Pel, I'm just wondering where the schollies are going to come from.  I know stars doesn't always make great players, but for us armchair folks, it's all we got going for us :D

As this year and almost every year before, there will be transfers next year.  Due to playing time crunch and players just not cutting it in the SEC, we will probably have at least 3 schollies for next year.  So wait 300 days or so to start getting concerned about it.

cityhog

Quote from: PorkSoda on May 16, 2008, 04:54:08 pm
I know why, because Arkansas is on the upswing.  TT...not so much.

I know why.....Lubbock

We used to call it the itty bitty sh*tty city.

cmiller01

Can anyone confirm whether or not if Varez Ward is still set to visit this weekend?

I was hoping for Marshall Mathers. He's the real slim shady.

ALLVOL

Quote from: Hogginitall on May 16, 2008, 12:56:41 pm
Congrats on a solid JUCO transfer