Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Weems Draft Predictions...

Started by Foshodo, May 06, 2008, 11:24:29 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Foshodo

as of 5/5 nbadraft.net has him pick 15 in round two for the Sacramento Kings

as of 5/6 DraftExpress.com has him pick 23 in round two for the Utah Jazz...

it's getting closer... hopefully he isn't the only one.

kibster

I would like to see him at the Jazz.  Their up and down game would fit him well.
Electronic communities build nothing. You wind up with nothing. We are dancing animals. How beautiful it is to get up and go out and do something. We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different. - Kurt Vonnegut

ke2743

I'd like to see him and Brewer in the game together if he went to the Jazz.

UTAHHOGFAN

I would love to see Sonny here.  The more Hogs on the Jazz, the better!

booogaga

well if he plays for the Jazz he will be taught the nba fundamentals and will be forced to ride the bench and learn for a year. he will come out a better player for it as well.
GO HOGS!

RedSatinHog

I see him going in the middle of the second round to the Dallas Mavericks.
Pts/Game: 122nd
Rebounds/Game: 208th
Assists/Game:  240th
FG%:  173rd

hogfanshan

Adam Stokes

The Jazz could use him too since I'm not sure Kirilenko will be returning unless he takes a massive put cut.  Brewer and Weems never got to play together in college, so I'd love to see it in the Nba.

Hogimus Prime

Quote from: ajs15razorman on May 08, 2008, 01:20:40 am
The Jazz could use him too since I'm not sure Kirilenko will be returning unless he takes a massive put cut.  Brewer and Weems never got to play together in college, so I'd love to see it in the Nba.

that maybe why Weems wont go to the Jazz.

hogsndawgs

It would be cool if he somehow went to Memphis! Is there any chance of Steven Hill or Darian Townes getting drafted?

mword

I see him maybe going in the 3rd round

BrooklynRoss

Quote from: UTAHHOGFAN on May 07, 2008, 09:31:18 am
I would love to see Sonny here.  The more Hogs on the Jazz, the better!

He'd be awesome on the Jazz. I really like their system, coaching, and management. They're always loads of fun to watch and Deron Williams is a player that I'm sure anyone like Sonny would love to play with. Everyone's average goes up when they play with Deron.
I support the Razorbacks in the city that never sleeps.

Foshodo

Quote from: schweine on May 09, 2008, 08:25:49 am

so what gives... is this some sort of running gag that im just not caught up with here? this is one of many references i've read here where someone mentions more than two NBA rounds in the draft... I refuse to believe that we are so out of the loop with a sport once it moves beyond our beloved Hogs...  can somebody please clue me in? I get the majority of them pretty quickly... all the lil' acronyms... nicknames... but this just blows muh mind

roundball

Quote from: schweine on May 09, 2008, 08:25:49 am

There isn't a third round. You can sign as a free agent after round two.

bobcat ball

I just hope he gets a chance I don't care where it is I will cheer for him.
WOO PIG

Smokehouse

Quote from: Foshodo on May 10, 2008, 01:50:02 am
so what gives... is this some sort of running gag that im just not caught up with here? this is one of many references i've read here where someone mentions more than two NBA rounds in the draft... I refuse to believe that we are so out of the loop with a sport once it moves beyond our beloved Hogs...  can somebody please clue me in? I get the majority of them pretty quickly... all the lil' acronyms... nicknames... but this just blows muh mind

joking way to say he won't get drafted
QuoteSometimes a warrior just has to lay down on the ground there for a minute and just have a good bleed. Just bleed.

Words of wisdom from John Pelphrey.

bobcat ball

I think he is to good of an athlete to not get drafted, but if he don't he could at least sign as a free agent and be a role player for a good team that needs some athleticism coming from the bench.
WOO PIG

nughaud

Weems reminds me of Joe Johnson but shorter.  Similar to Dwyane Wade but not as quick and taller.  He has the same size and frame as Michael Jordan and as we know he can dunk the ball better than many others, as he has won slam dunk championships at multiple levels.  Joe

Johnson was supposed to be this all-american coming out of high school, but he never really had the outside shot in college.  He was just like Weems in he was a scorer and not a shooter.  He was drafted in the 1st round as the #10 overall pick and just recently signed a 5 year 70 million dollar contract with Atlanta. Joe has developed an outside shot and expanded on his skills. 

If Sonny is given a chance I believe he can be a very good pro as long as he is allowed to come along in 2-3 years and not expected to come right out and contribute.  The thing Sonny needs to work on is the same thing most NBA players need to work on and that's the outside shot.

I believe Sonny will be drafted late in the 2nd round.  He's a 6'6 guard who can drive to the hoop, make his own shot and post up smaller defenders.

Good Luck to you Sonny.

hawgsav1

Though Weems has a pretty decent jumpshot, if he gets more consistent with it watch out...
Revenge is a dish best served cold. - Klingon Proverb

The Realist

Quote from: hawgsav1 on May 14, 2008, 04:44:38 pm
Though Weems has a pretty decent jumpshot, if he gets more consistent with it watch out...
ala Joe Johnson
"We've got chips on our shoulder and really want to go out and show everybody what we can do.  We're not asking for anybody to give us the respect we deserve, but we plan on going out and taking it."
Childs, Gregory.

Foshodo

*UPDATE: Realgm's mockdraft has him at Pick 18 in the second round to the Wizards...

Foshodo

RealGM's latest Mock has him at pick 36 to Portland... he must be doing something decent in the pre-draft camps to jump from pick 18 to pick 6... can't wait...  it's been too long without good news.

PorkRyan

Quote from: Foshodo on June 23, 2008, 02:48:23 am
RealGM's latest Mock has him at pick 36 to Portland... he must be doing something decent in the pre-draft camps to jump from pick 18 to pick 6... can't wait...  it's been too long without good news.

Sonny Weems, 6-6, 201, SG, Arkansas, Sr.: One of the better prospects this week, he showed major improvements in his skill level. When you factor in his terrific length and athleticism, one can't help but think that Weems may become a very good player one day. He could add another 10 pounds of muscle to his frame, but if he continues to develop his game, he could develop into an impact player in the NBA.

http://msn.foxsports.com/cbk/story/8206802/Forbes-shines-again-at-NBA-pre-draft-camp-

Hogginitall

Quote from: PorkRyan on June 23, 2008, 10:36:11 am
Sonny Weems, 6-6, 201, SG, Arkansas, Sr.: One of the better prospects this week, he showed major improvements in his skill level. When you factor in his terrific length and athleticism, one can't help but think that Weems may become a very good player one day. He could add another 10 pounds of muscle to his frame, but if he continues to develop his game, he could develop into an impact player in the NBA.

http://msn.foxsports.com/cbk/story/8206802/Forbes-shines-again-at-NBA-pre-draft-camp-

That's awesome!  Top 5 most impressive out of about 100 guys....

hawgsav1

Chad Ford has him going to Miami in the second round.  There are a lot of teams in the late second round who could take him.

Beaverfever

Weems has way too much upside to not get drafted.  He is one of, if not the best athlete in the class.  And he shoots it pretty well from 3 for someone of his size/athleticism.

SC Hogman

What NBA teams had him work out?

BigSexyHog

Quote from: hawgsav1 on June 23, 2008, 04:57:55 pm
Chad Ford has him going to Miami in the second round.  There are a lot of teams in the late second round who could take him.

If Miami is smart they would pick Beasley with the #2 pick and then get Sonny in the 2cd round to go along with Wade and Marion and whatever they can pick up in free agency.... That line up can do alittle something for me.
Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

pastorhog

NBATV FLASHED THEIR MOCK DRAFT ACROSS THE SCREEN IT SAYS THAT SONNY WILL GO TO THE GRIZ @ 28. HOW COOL WOULD THAT BE FOR HIM, GO SONNY AND GO HOGS :razorback: MAYBE GO GRIZZLIES :) WHO KNOWS.

hawgsav1

Quote from: BigSexyHog on June 26, 2008, 01:29:46 am
If Miami is smart they would pick Beasley with the #2 pick and then get Sonny in the 2cd round to go along with Wade and Marion and whatever they can pick up in free agency.... That line up can do alittle something for me.

Miami is thinking about trading the pick though.  I think ideally, Miami needs Derrick Rose to fall into their lap at number 2.  Beasley is one of my favorites and I think that he'll do the best, but he doesn't really fit a need for Miami.  Haslem is pretty serviceable at the 4.  If Marion decides to stay with Wade, they're gonna need a good ball handler like Rose to get the ball to each one of them.  If that doesn't work, I think getting OJ Mayo would be the next best thing.  Mayo is not that great of a handler, but is pretty good at shooting, which could work well with a Wade or Marion drive and a dish out to Mayo so he can shoot.  I think the best situation for them in the draft is to get Derrick Rose and then get Weems as a 2nd rounder.  He'll provide some depth to Marion and if Marion gets traded or moved, WEems can probably step into that starting forward role.  I know they have Ricky Davis there, but somehow I don't see that working out.

dfresh

How does the NBA draft work in terms of contracts?  Are they like the NFL where all the first rounders get a guaranteed contract?

PorkRyan

Quote from: dfresh on June 26, 2008, 09:49:16 am
How does the NBA draft work in terms of contracts?  Are they like the NFL where all the first rounders get a guaranteed contract?

First rounders are guaranteed contracts, second rounders are not.  Some second round picks won't even make a roster.

hawgsav1

Quote from: dfresh on June 26, 2008, 09:49:16 am

As written above, second rounders aren't guaranteed a contract.  It's sometimes better to be an undrafted free agent than be a second round pick, because if you're a pick, the team that picks you has exclusive rights to sign you if they choose to and if you make the squad but you can only go to their training camps.  If you're an undrafted agent, you can go to any teams' camp and find the team and the system that best suits you.  Also, if you get cut and you're a second rounder, by the time you find out that you're cut other teams have already filled up their rosters and you may not have a chance to get a spot.

jcmojica23

I hope weems goes to the Lake show!

hawgsav1

Quote from: jcmojica23 on June 26, 2008, 04:52:20 pm
I hope weems goes to the Lake show!

God no, I would hate to have to root against him.

Special Delivery Jones

I just am waiting to see Weems sneak into the first round.  Predicted here obviously without biasis.  Also waiting for the preverbial comet to land square in the middle of the U.S. otherwise know as Steven Hill being drafted.  Predicted over and over here. 

Modsquad24

diehard Laker fan here too, come out to LA Sonny!

Banx32

i predict he will go to the bulls then get traded to denver
Rad Morris

I am on here today to eat crow concerning Weems.  I never believed he would go in the first 2 rounds.  Note he went as the 39th. pick.  I was dead wrong.  I also said Hill wouldn't go and he didn't so far as I know.  I hope Weems will show everyone, myself included, why he was picked so high.  Good for Weems and I am sorry for the under estimation of is talent.

PeytonManningSUCKS

Quote from: Banx32 on June 27, 2008, 12:18:21 pm
i predict he will go to the bulls then get traded to denver
You can't predict that, I already did that a long time ago...  Link

http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=216496.new#new

Hoggy1

You must be smokin somethin if you think I ain't smokin nothin