Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

pelphrey question

Started by TheSportsGuy, April 23, 2008, 09:46:33 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hoggy1

Quote from: Wild Bill Hog on April 24, 2008, 08:48:58 pm
John Freakin' White wanted Stanley - JFB wanted Bill Self.

you're right you're right, I stand corrected...had a brain fart.
You must be smokin somethin if you think I ain't smokin nothin

rude1

Quote from: guthhog on April 24, 2008, 09:36:47 pm
who says pel cant land recruits with his tactics...arent we in the top 6 recruiting classes this year....and rude1,  when you talk about guys who are less beligerent that pel didnt we have a guy just like that in stan heath?  look at the some pro's like kobe bryant and tim duncan....guys like that have a work ethic that is unequaled  and i am willing to bet that if pel is "bullying" players its because they arent giving 110%.  these players are young men who probably arent very mature and yes sometimes it takes a little tough love so to say to coax maturity out of them.  pel expects everyone on the team to give it their all.  picture this if you can...if you were a coach watching practice and you saw a walk on busting his a@@ as hard as he could and you saw your star player slacking and ho humming around would you not jump the holy shiite out of him.....champions give it their all at all times and champions are not bullied because they sacrifice everything to be the BEST!  i expect nothing less than maximum effort from my team and if it takes the coach calling a kid a p***sy to get it out of him so be it....that being said i also do not want my coach physically attacking players such as knight did.
A number six rating for this class has to do with the quantity of players in it, and not the quality. IMO this is no where near a six rated class because there isn't a single player in the top fifty, and only two in the top 100. How that equates to the sixth best class in the nation is beyond me. What everyone has done is found that one publication that has overrated this class and embraced it, and not looked at the ones that aren't nearly as kind to this class.

Jeffcphog

Quote from: rude1 on April 24, 2008, 07:53:09 pm
If I am not mistaken, there were family ties that landed iggy for Nolan, not great recruiting. Plus Iggy was not rated a top 25 recruit coming out of high school, he is just a guy who turned out better than many projected. It does happen.

Whatever.  After Nolan was fired he backed out of mhis commitment.  Take it for what you will.

hillhog

For whatever reasons, Nolan paved his own road out of here.

oldfart

Quote from: GiveEmHellPel on April 24, 2008, 05:45:29 pm
but Franky wanted Stanley boy

Frank did not want Stan. He wanted Bill Self.  White handled (or bungled) this hire.  Frank screwed up a lot of things but dont blame this one on him.

oldfart

Quote from: guthhog on April 24, 2008, 09:36:47 pm
who says pel cant land recruits with his tactics...arent we in the top 6 recruiting classes this year....and rude1,  when you talk about guys who are less beligerent that pel didnt we have a guy just like that in stan heath?  look at the some pro's like kobe bryant and tim duncan....guys like that have a work ethic that is unequaled  and i am willing to bet that if pel is "bullying" players its because they arent giving 110%.  these players are young men who probably arent very mature and yes sometimes it takes a little tough love so to say to coax maturity out of them.  pel expects everyone on the team to give it their all.  picture this if you can...if you were a coach watching practice and you saw a walk on busting his a@@ as hard as he could and you saw your star player slacking and ho humming around would you not jump the holy shiite out of him.....champions give it their all at all times and champions are not bullied because they sacrifice everything to be the BEST!  i expect nothing less than maximum effort from my team and if it takes the coach calling a kid a p***sy to get it out of him so be it....that being said i also do not want my coach physically attacking players such as knight did.

pelphrey is challenging his guys to be the best they can be. Petrino is doing much the same now in spring practice and expectations outside of practice as well. I dont hear too many cries of "bullying" going on there, yet they have just as high of expectations as does Pel.  From what we hear, the coaches are not loathe to let go a few choice words either!!

opineonswine

Coddling players that don't want to work hard and can't perform was the old way in Razorback sports.  Now it's produce or perish which is what the coaches are expected to do. 

This comparison of Pel to Knight is laughable.

LRCentralTiger

Quote from: opineonswine on April 25, 2008, 10:02:40 am
Coddling players that don't want to work hard and can't perform was the old way in Razorback sports.  Now it's produce or perish which is what the coaches are expected to do. 

This comparison of Pel to Knight is laughable.
I totally agree and it is time to march back to the top.  This middle to bottom crap is for some other university.

LRCentralTiger

Quote from: Hogginitall on April 24, 2008, 01:08:35 pm
Per rivals:

Tyler Smith   ****
Wayne Chism ****
Duke Crews   *****
Ramar Smith  *****
JP Prince       *****
Lofton           ***

Can't find a rating for JuJuan Smith.

http://rivalshoops.rivals.com/commitlist.asp

Plenty of talent, same results.

J. Smith = walk-on.  He probably was not rated coming out of high school.  Not bad though.