Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

ESPN story on Brady taking ASU job...

Started by SwinerBock, April 23, 2008, 01:47:51 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hawgsav1

I noticed that.  I still think we shouldn't play em.
Revenge is a dish best served cold. - Klingon Proverb

vandybuff

April 23, 2008, 04:09:38 pm #2 Last Edit: April 23, 2008, 05:07:11 pm by vandybuff
I thought Arkansas would play other instate schools after Broyles left.  Am I wrong?
What a wonderful time to rediscover the hobby for a lifetime - a great book!!!

A happy life is doing something "that matters".  So start today!!!!!

Hoggy1

I can see us playing ASU in the near future.....doesn't bother me at all
You must be smokin somethin if you think I ain't smokin nothin

vandybuff

I think it is fun for any program.  At Vandy we play most every local instate in baseball and several middle Tennessee  (and Western KY - which is about 60 miles away) schools in mbb and wbb and football. 

For example, earlier this week we played Austin Peay and tonight we play Belmont. 

Everyone enjoys the games.

HogFaninMemphis

I wouldn't mind us playing ASU.  Losing every 15 years wouldn't kill us too much if we won in the big games.  For instance, that App State loss didn't kill us too terribly much.
Go Hogs, Go Cardinals, and Go Grizzlies!

vandybuff

Well win or lose, playing the local teams is always good --- especially with the cost of travel for the fans. 

linze82

smite me bishes

Razorbacks_77

Quote from: bbrj on April 23, 2008, 04:01:17 pm
As long as Eric Ferguson does the (off)-color commentary, I'm cool with it...
What exactly happened between Eric Ferguson and Brady? I asked before a couple months back when  Brady was fired and someone made a comment like this and no one knew...so I gave up.

hawgsav1

Quote from: Razorbacks_77 on April 23, 2008, 11:51:31 pm
What exactly happened between Eric Ferguson and Brady? I asked before a couple months back when  Brady was fired and someone made a comment like this and no one knew...so I gave up.

Brady said something stupid to him during a game and Ferguson told him "F--- You" and had to be restrained.  Ferguson was ejected for that though undeservedly so.
Revenge is a dish best served cold. - Klingon Proverb

Razorbacks_77

Quote from: hawgsav1 on April 23, 2008, 11:57:50 pm
Brady said something stupid to him during a game and Ferguson told him "F--- You" and had to be restrained.  Ferguson was ejected for that though undeservedly so.
Thank you sir.

chiefsfan

Quote from: vandybuff on April 23, 2008, 04:09:38 pm
I thought Arkansas would play other instate schools after Broyles left.  Am I wrong?

Long has really been mum on the policy since being hired.   He made a comment about not changing it anytime soon.  But he didnt rule out changing it in the future.   

Broyles made it abundantly clear that he would never play an instate school in a regular season game.    In the first years that Van Horn was the baseball coach.  Broyles threw a fit when a tournament Arkansas was entered in secretly went out and scheduled Arkansas State.    Arkansas pulled out within a day

We at ASU are in no hurry to play a game...and will still be here when the call finally does come
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

vandybuff

Quote from: chiefsfan on April 24, 2008, 01:37:35 pm
Long has really been mum on the policy since being hired.   He made a comment about not changing it anytime soon.  But he didnt rule out changing it in the future.  

Broyles made it abundantly clear that he would never play an instate school in a regular season game.    In the first years that Van Horn was the baseball coach.  Broyles threw a fit when a tournament Arkansas was entered in secretly went out and scheduled Arkansas State.    Arkansas pulled out within a day

We at ASU are in no hurry to play a game...and will still be here when the call finally does come

I am very dumb regarding sports (and many other topics, too - haha), but to me it is more logical for instate to play each other versus either paying (or being paid) to host/travel for a big game.  I do not follow Arkansas colleges, but I thought every state played instate where they were the same athletic division.