Quote from: ballinhog on April 22, 2008, 11:31:17 pm
I think he will do good..one of my favorite non razorbacks

yeah a match up nightmare.

ballinhog

Quote from: Hogimus Prime on April 22, 2008, 11:33:47 pm

yeah a match up nightmare.

Maybe my pathetic T-Wolves will get him

Adam Stokes

What's he being projected at?  My guess would be mid-second round, I think he could've used another year.

The Boar War

Quote from: Hogimus Prime on April 22, 2008, 11:25:38 pm
http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?t=403142

looks like Jamont is going pro.

And the exodus from Board Town continues.  Article says Standbury could not be reached for comment because he was out recruiting.  Yeah he'd better be.

gohogsgo006

i think Jamont is really good. He has a natural ability to drive to the hoops that even our trees had hard times defending. Strong body too, im glad he is gone
Hogville- Where realism somehow equals pessimism

oldfart

glad we wont have to face him next year, he is a stud....

msudawgs64

April 23, 2008, 08:09:43 pm #8 Last Edit: April 23, 2008, 08:12:07 pm by msudawgs64
Quote from: The Boar War on April 23, 2008, 05:22:10 am
And the exodus from Board Town continues.  Article says Standbury could not be reached for comment because he was out recruiting.  Yeah he'd better be.

this one was really not unexpected though to be honest..remember he put his name in last year as well, but came back when not projected in the first two rounds, wait the NBA is only two rounds ain't it?   Obviously he has left the door open to return if he don't get the news that he wants, that he actually will be drafted but I really don't expect him to return, last year I pretty much knew he just wanted to put out a feeler. We got some nice talent coming in, will just have the experience drop off but I ain't that concerned.

He is actually out recruiting not for next year but the next.
If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base.  ~Dave Barry

"I'd rather lose a game like that than a 5-4 ballgame when somebody walks in the winning run or makes an error" -MSU's former head coach Ron Polk after South Carolina pummeled the Bulldogs 20-3 on 3/23/2007.

Feb. 20, 2009-a new era in MSU Baseball begins.

Hogbody

Why does everyone want to leave ms. state?

msudawgs64

ha..

Well he wants to leave for this reason...

$$$$$$

if the NBA scouts think he will be drafted, he has to strike while the iron is hot.  Nothing is guaranteed.

The rest of the losers who quit and transferred probably could not handle Stansbury, some ended up in his doghouse, i.e. Ervin, others were told they would have reduced playing time.  Some were kicked off the team cause they just could not follow team rules.
If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base.  ~Dave Barry

"I'd rather lose a game like that than a 5-4 ballgame when somebody walks in the winning run or makes an error" -MSU's former head coach Ron Polk after South Carolina pummeled the Bulldogs 20-3 on 3/23/2007.

mclyte

April 24, 2008, 02:03:58 am #11 Last Edit: April 24, 2008, 02:05:33 am by mclyte
Gordon can't come back if I interpreted the rule correctly... Isn't it after you declare for the draft for the 2nd time, you forfeit the remainder of your collegiate athletic eligibility even if you don't hire any agent... Right? 

Hogimus Prime

Quote from: mclyte on April 24, 2008, 02:03:58 am
Gordon can't come back if I interpreted the rule correctly... Isn't it after you declare for the draft for the 2nd time, you forfeit the remainder of your collegiate athletic eligibility even if you don't hire any agent... Right? 

he can return.  he didnt turn in the final paper work last year.

opineonswine

He was a tough, good PG in the Corey Beck mold.  I am delighted he is leaving.

The Boar War

Quote from: msudawgs64 on April 24, 2008, 12:48:32 am
ha..

Well he wants to leave for this reason...

$$$$$$

if the NBA scouts think he will be drafted, he has to strike while the iron is hot.  Nothing is guaranteed.

The rest of the losers who quit and transferred probably could not handle Stansbury, some ended up in his doghouse, i.e. Ervin, others were told they would have reduced playing time.  Some were kicked off the team cause they just could not follow team rules.

Who is left (besides Vernardo) for next year that had significant playing time?  I really enjoy our basketball rivalry with MSU.  I hope it stays heated even though Ervin (and most of his old MSU teammates) have moved on.

BigoBoys

Good for him, good for us.  One of those Win/Win deals they teach you about in business school.  Really good player!   

msudawgs64

Quote from: The Boar War on April 24, 2008, 04:50:05 pm
Who is left (besides Vernardo) for next year that had significant playing time?  I really enjoy our basketball rivalry with MSU.  I hope it stays heated even though Ervin (and most of his old MSU teammates) have moved on.

really the only one would be Barry Stewart, hopefully he can get back to having the type of season he had as a freshman.  Now there are some others that got playing time but Stewart was the only one with Gordon/Varnado/Rhodes type minutes.

hawgwild1087

i dont see how he isnt being projected as a first rounder.  a 6-6 pg who can shoot and drive...a prototypical nba pg