Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Give your NBA pick!

Started by HogSophist, April 20, 2008, 08:40:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HogSophist

Quote from: Porkem Yung on April 22, 2008, 03:31:27 pm
I think if does come down to the Lakers and Celtics...it is going to be a great series. 

Although there's a chance the Spurs-Suns winner, maybe Utah, could knock off the Lakers...I can't see Detroit or Cleveland slowing Boston down. 

Whoever survives the West is going to be beaten up and exhausted, whereas Boston will have had a much easier road.

Houston, Dallas, and New Orleans are not championship caliber teams.

For all the reasons you have posted and others plus the individual matchups, it would be a great series! The last time i INTENTLY watched a NBA matchup was the Kings/Lakers (was that 2002). That was a great !
signature removed by Hogville staff. (but Erie's quote revived because I missed it)

In an era where there are over $70 trillion in future obligations, beyond the debt,   taking up practices in budgeting that are tantamount to saying 'And then in 2040, a magic dragon will sh*tpoopy $100 trillion and fix our problems'  simply isn't wise. --ErieHog

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

Quote from: Porkem Yung on April 22, 2008, 01:50:19 pm
I'm an old fart (44) and I remember all those great games in the mid 80s.  I always pulled for Boston though.  You had ol Jack Nicholson on front row, a big smile and his trademark shades...movie stars...a much younger Pat Riley and Showtime (Magic, Kareem, Worthy, Rambis, Cooper) going against

The old school Celtic greats (Bird, McHale, Robert "the Chief" Parrish, Dennis Johnson, Danny Ainge) and though Red Aurback was out of coaching...he was still a very large presence with his trademark cigar. 

If we have a Celtics-Lakers final...it would be a ratings bonanza.  Lots and lots of star power and history.  Can't wait.

Don't forget Byron Scott.  I believe he started most of the time and Cooper would come in off the bench to shoot 3s and for the "Coop-a-loop".
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

hogball33

The Lakers are gonna end this decade how they started it with a world championship.
I say over the Celtics in 5.

Quote from: hogball33 on April 22, 2008, 03:59:55 pm
The Lakers are gonna end this decade how they started it with a world championship.
I say over the Celtics in 5.

I don't think Kobe can win without Shaq.  Shaq already did.  hahahahahahahahaha

Sorry, I can't stand Kobe.  He's the player with the most talent in the league, but he's an arse.
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

Oliver

Quote from: dj shanon on April 22, 2008, 05:08:53 pm
I don't think Kobe can win without Shaq.  Shaq already did.  hahahahahahahahaha

Sorry, I can't stand Kobe.  He's the player with the most talent in the league, but he's an arse.

Shaq won with Dwayne Wade and Dwayne Wade won with Shaq.  I understand that Kobe is unlikeable but Shaq or Kobe wouldn't have won any of those titles without each other.  If the Lakers win it all this year, Kobe will win won without Shaq but he would have won it with Paul Gasol.  The whole "he won it without" argument is so tiresome.  Jordan won it with Pippen, Shaq won it with Kobe, etc.  It takes 2 good players.

Quote from: Oliver Miller on April 22, 2008, 05:28:45 pm
Shaq won with Dwayne Wade and Dwayne Wade won with Shaq.  I understand that Kobe is unlikeable but Shaq or Kobe wouldn't have won any of those titles without each other.  If the Lakers win it all this year, Kobe will win won without Shaq but he would have won it with Paul Gasol.  The whole "he won it without" argument is so tiresome.  Jordan won it with Pippen, Shaq won it with Kobe, etc.  It takes 2 good players.

You make a compelling argument...however, IMO Jordan would have won championships without Pippen.  He did it with a different big man and a different cast, and even thought Pippen was a big part of it, he didn't have a great center like Kobe, Magic and other great players have had.

Jordan was the greatest ever to play the game.  Nobody has ever known how to win like he did.

Oliver

Quote from: dj shanon on April 22, 2008, 06:26:28 pm
You make a compelling argument...however, IMO Jordan would have won championships without Pippen.  He did it with a different big man and a different cast, and even thought Pippen was a big part of it, he didn't have a great center like Kobe, Magic and other great players have had.

Jordan was the greatest ever to play the game.  Nobody has ever known how to win like he did.

Jordan didn't need Pippen specifically...but Jordan couldn't have taken that team with a player worse than Scotty Pippen substituting for Scotty Pippen and won a championship.  I think sometimes people forget how important Scotty Pippen was to that team because Jordan was so good. 

BubbaHog4

I officially hate basketball.

Oliver

Quote from: Oliver Miller on April 23, 2008, 11:05:00 pm
Are you a Dallas fan shanon?

Not anymore.  They have not been as bad as some of you have made out them to be, especially after they started playing defense in the last couple of years.

HOWEVER, they should FIRE EVERY SINGLE player and staff (except for Dirk) after that piss-poor performance against N.O.  What a freaking joke.

Oliver

Quote from: dj shanon on April 24, 2008, 12:00:52 am
Not anymore.  They have not been as bad as some of you have made out them to be, especially after they started playing defense in the last couple of years.

HOWEVER, they should FIRE EVERY SINGLE player and staff (except for Dirk) after that piss-poor performance against N.O.  What a freaking joke.

Dallas will win both games in Dallas.  But the trade for Jason Kidd just wasn't a good trade. 

Adam Stokes

Quote from: Oliver Miller on April 24, 2008, 12:26:48 am
Dallas will win both games in Dallas.  But the trade for Jason Kidd just wasn't a good trade. 

Agree with both.  Remember, every team is still in a series until they lose a home game, IMHO.  That's why the Rockets suck.

HogSophist

Helluva scorer, but dirk will have to be the 2nd option for dallas to get it done in the future.
signature removed by Hogville staff. (but Erie's quote revived because I missed it)

In an era where there are over $70 trillion in future obligations, beyond the debt,   taking up practices in budgeting that are tantamount to saying 'And then in 2040, a magic dragon will sh*tpoopy $100 trillion and fix our problems'  simply isn't wise. --ErieHog

HogSophist

I am still sticking with my picks, although It is nice to see Joe johnson dominating, even if it screws up faux prediction. SA may again be the team to  beat.

BubbaHog4

SA Hog Fan

How can anyone bet against the Spurs?  Like them or not, all they do is win championships.

HogSophist

Quote from: SA Hog Fan on April 30, 2008, 10:21:15 am
How can anyone bet against the Spurs?  Like them or not, all they do is win championships.

The suns were never going to do it, they really just didnt match up that well and never meshed with shaq. The spurs issues are age and depth, imo as illustrated with the inability for anyone to cover diaw(sp?). The NO series should be quite interesting.

BrooklynRoss

Hornets take down the Hawks in 6.
I support the Razorbacks in the city that never sleeps.

Quote from: BrooklynRoss on April 30, 2008, 02:27:52 pm
Hornets take down the Hawks in 6.

And then the NBA goes bankrupt when a total of 24 people tune in to this series.  Having San Antonio in the finals almost did it, but this finally does the league in for good..

HogginAllDay&Nite

Orlando vs. Somebody LOL...
Loyal Razorback Fan Through It All

ALLVOL

My Spurs win it all again.

rcowen

Seems we have some 'experts' on hogville.

I saw like 4 people on the first page that called the LA/Boston finals!  Congrats and +1.

I think the Celtics and Lakers will be in the finals.