Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bill Self is in Conway tonight!

Started by AndrewGene, April 19, 2008, 11:46:10 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

AndrewGene

I work at the Chili's in conway and some of the girls pulled me aside and said that their table was talking about this guy and getting his autograph but they didn't know who he was.  So they pulled me over there and it was none other than bill self!  He signed several coasters (because we didn't have anything else) and he shook my hand.  He was in town because of the AAU bball tourney going on at UCA and Hendrix this weekend.  He's a pretty nice guy.

[img=http://img142.imageshack.us/img142/8329/img00105bx4.th.jpg]

that's an image of the coaster--sorry it's blurry, it is taken from my bb pearl. it says "Bill Self 2008 champs".

Razorback88

He was sitting beside Calipari for a while at the games, which I thought was pretty cool.  I'm not sure if they were just being cordial or if they're friends.

AndrewGene

They were probably talking about the talent of the players.

stronguard

They were probably talkng about the hella good NC game they competed in a few weeks ago.
If you don't know, now you know.

Chief Idiot of the Tavern

"Woke" is a term made up by people who have appointed themselves as intellectually superior as a way to describe themselves in comparison with those whom they deem ignorant.

RedSatinHog

KNWA showed a clip of coaches in the stands last night on the 10 p.m. telecast and I could've sworn that I saw Coach K up there as well.
Pts/Game: 122nd
Rebounds/Game: 208th
Assists/Game:  240th
FG%:  173rd

bd93

Quote from: AKHogsHoopsFan on April 20, 2008, 07:12:53 pm
KNWA showed a clip of coaches in the stands last night on the 10 p.m. telecast and I could've sworn that I saw Coach K up there as well.

He was there... The d*ck wouldn't sign my sons basketball either.

Albert Einswine

Quote from: bd93 on April 20, 2008, 07:34:31 pm

I have to ask,  why would you want him to sign your son's basketball?    P.S.  I hate dook.
"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

Hollywood_HOGan45

everybody always brags about how great a guy K is, i dont see it.

especially after that story.

Razorback88

A short list of coaches in Conway this weekend... (I'm sure there are several coaches that I didn't see or recognize)

Pel
Bill Self
Mike Krzyzewski
John Calipari
Ben Howland
Tommy Amaker
Travis Ford
Jeff Capel
Steve Wojciechowski
Joe Kleine

RedSatinHog

You gotta be kidding me.  The place didn't exactly look packed.  How many people were around him at the time?
Pts/Game: 122nd
Rebounds/Game: 208th
Assists/Game:  240th
FG%:  173rd

Nate-Hawg

Cool, I bartend at the Chilis in Hot Springs. Did you sell him a Pres? Get that 30 points brotha! Hahaha!

BigSexyHog

Quote from: KJL on April 22, 2008, 11:55:54 am
Maybe Coach K saw that 94' banner. I heard similiar things too when he is away from the cameras. I myself never hated the guy or Duke you have to respect his record and accomplishments.

No not really.  I don't respect anything that he or Dook has ever done.
Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

Special Delivery Jones

I have always used this train of thought.  If I cannot handle someone saying no to what I ask then I probably should not ask them.  While it would have been nice for him to have signed the ball he certainly was not obiligated to. 

Philip Seaton

Quote from: Nate-Hawg on April 22, 2008, 12:40:57 am
Cool, I bartend at the Chilis in Hot Springs. Did you sell him a Pres? Get that 30 points brotha! Hahaha!
The Chilis in Conway is dry. So no points for him.

bd93

Quote from: Albert Einswine on April 20, 2008, 07:53:36 pm

I have to ask,  why would you want him to sign your son's basketball?    P.S.  I hate dook.

My son was getting that ball signed by all the big coaches there.  He got it signed by Pel, Calipari, and Self.  I geuss he wanted to get coach K to sign it too.  I didn't care.

Quote from: Special Delivery Jones on April 22, 2008, 02:49:04 pm
I have always used this train of thought.  If I cannot handle someone saying no to what I ask then I probably should not ask them.  While it would have been nice for him to have signed the ball he certainly was not obiligated to. 

Yeah, I know that.  The thing is that Pel, Cal, and Self took a second to sign it but he couldn't.  I understand he was there doing his job and all.

But.... it just gives me more reason to hate duke! ;) :P

hogball33

Quote from: KJL on April 22, 2008, 11:55:54 am
Maybe Coach K saw that 94' banner. I heard similiar things too when he is away from the cameras. I myself never hated the guy or Duke you have to respect his record and accomplishments.

Or he saw the large marquee in the concourse area of Scotty Thurman hitting "the shot"!

BubbaHog4

Awesome. Blurry pic, though. Much better than Calipari.