Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Pat Beverley and S. Welsh

Started by labb, April 18, 2008, 04:21:27 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

labb

Will both be back at the University of Arkansas per Dudley Dawson on the Radio just now..Also Henry has signed and Dudley thinks that we are really strong with Williams..Good Golly Miss Molly!!! Pel is on a roll.

Hogginitall

BradyHolzhauer

craftyhog

If Dudley said it on the air they're probably both half way to USF by now. Just kidding. Good news. I remain the eternal skeptic until the men themselves make a statement.

chiefsfan

Quote from: craftyhog on April 18, 2008, 04:26:02 pm
If Dudley said it on the air they're probably both half way to USF by now. Just kidding. Good news. I remain the eternal skeptic until the men themselves make a statement.

agreed  Dudley Dawson is as much of a source as any average guy on here.  He just happens to be on radio.   Ill wait until the players themselves actually say something
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

Adam Stokes

April 18, 2008, 04:41:34 pm #5 Last Edit: April 18, 2008, 04:43:14 pm by ajs15razorman
So if this turns out to be true, than the likely to transfer after next season are Britt, and....  We need at least three spots open and I don't see Payne or Bev leaving early after next season.  Maybe one of the skinny PF's in Moore or Clark, but you hate saying a kid out of high school won't be be back as a sophomore since we haven't even seen them play.  Good thing this kind of stuff "always works itself out".

chiefsfan

Quote from: ajs15razorman on April 18, 2008, 04:41:34 pm
So if this turns out to be true, than the likely to transfer after next season are Britt, and....  We need at least three spots open and I don't see Payne or Bev leaving early after next season.  Maybe one of the skinny PF's in Moore or Clark, but you hate saying a kid out of high school won't be be back as a sophomore since we haven't even seen them play.  Good thing this kind of stuff "always works itself out".

We need only 2 open scholly's   Just enough room for Walton and Gulley.     I dont really want Favors...   Id prefer players who will stay here for a while
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

The Boar War

Quote from: chiefsfan on April 18, 2008, 04:44:42 pm
We need only 2 open scholly's   Just enough room for Walton and Gulley.     I dont really want Favors...   Id prefer players who will stay here for a while

I understand what you mean about having kids here for more than one year.  It's nice to get to know who they are.  It's also nice to win championships.  One and done players will get you there.  This is another reason why the two year requirement is better for the college game.

Adam Stokes

We need only 2 open scholly's   Just enough room for Walton and Gulley.     I dont really want Favors...   Id prefer players who will stay here for a while

Guards are nice to have but we don't need them right now.  We should try for Walton, Williams, and Trent.  Shoot for the moon with Favors and Stephenson.  Maybe a center if we get lucky.

gohogsgo006

Quote from: bbrj on April 18, 2008, 04:24:40 pm
But what would that leave us for the 2009 class?  I thought that Pelphrey didn't want to be in the situation were he was graduating 6 or 7 guys at one time. 

Do you want to win now, or in a couple years?  If we win now, we will get the good recruits in those "later years"
Hogville- Where realism somehow equals pessimism

COCHISE

Quote from: labb on April 18, 2008, 04:21:27 pm
Will both be back at the University of Arkansas per Dudley Dawson on the Radio just now..Also Henry has signed and Dudley thinks that we are really strong with Williams..Good Golly Miss Molly!!! Pel is on a roll.
I'll believe it when I hear it from KNWA. ;)

farmhawg

We need the best players we can get right now. I like Pelphrey's attitude in changing this team. For the better I might add.
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

Pork Twain

Quote from: bbrj on April 18, 2008, 04:24:40 pm
But what would that leave us for the 2009 class?  I thought that Pelphrey didn't want to be in the situation were he was graduating 6 or 7 guys at one time. 
Who says all these guys are going to stay until they graduate?
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

deucea729

Quote from: BeoPig™ on April 18, 2008, 06:47:02 pm
Who says all these guys are going to stay until they graduate?

Plus were there not a couple of JuCo's in that mix?  If so, that staggers the schollies a bit.

akp4105

We need only 2 open scholly's   Just enough room for Walton and Gulley.     I dont really want Favors...   Id prefer players who will stay here for a while

We dont need Gulley AND Walton...We need one or the other..and I just got done watching Favors play at the Real Deal tourney...We want Favors, even if its just for a year..I can promise you that..That kid is amazing..

hogfan0307

Quote from: Hogginitall on April 18, 2008, 04:23:14 pm
what about Washington?

Everything said about Washington is just rumors

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: 870 RZR on April 18, 2008, 06:08:18 pm
I'll believe it when I hear it from KNWA. ;)

Oh the heart-attacks I had during the Coaching search...
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

bigchad

I saw him watching the real deal on the hill at the hyper.  I also show Darian there also.

idiotghos

I saw Darian there too.  They had a couple of really exciting games.

NuttinItUp

Did you ask him if he is leaving?

gohogsgo006

he aint leaving
Hogville- Where realism somehow equals pessimism

hillhog

bsking

anyone saying we dont want or need favors is crazy.  this kid is the type of one year player that takes you to the championship.  it could be an amazing year.

HawgAdvocate

Pel had as sit down with PB after hearing about the Facebook stuff...clearing the air so to speak..Pel had got a call from Robby Edwards (Assosicate SI Director) alerting him to the news of PB's Facebook announcement.

I dunno if PB is truly staying or not..but Welsh and PB are pretty tight. I'm going to think PB must have changed his mind after talking to Pel. Maybe PB wasn't going to get his scholarship released to where he wanted to go. It could be a number of things that happened in that conversation. Who knows?

Either way, we'll be fine. I'm glad we have both of them for next season (if Dudley is right).
"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

Corkscrew Johnson

Quote from: ajs15razorman on April 18, 2008, 04:41:34 pm

any chance of REDSHIRTING clark or moore to even out the numbers?

HawgAdvocate

Quote from: Corkscrew Johnson on April 19, 2008, 11:13:00 am

any chance of REDSHIRTING clark or moore to even out the numbers?

As thin as we are up front, I don't see how that can be an option.
"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

farmhawg

We will need all of them on the floor next year.
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

bigchad

Pb was talking to one of the student trainers

jdlew

April 19, 2008, 03:20:08 pm #28 Last Edit: April 19, 2008, 07:39:08 pm by jdlew
I know the word is that he is staying........But why would he want to leave

bsking

who knows.  maybe he wasnt garunteed the amount of pt he wanted.  maybe he doesnt like pel.  could be anything.  we have a ton of talent coming in and maybe he feals threatened.

cant see it though.  beverley plays harder on the court than anyone from recent memory.  i love the kid, so glad he stayed.

Beaverfever

Pel might not be the easiest person to get be coached by...I've heard horror stories.

3kgthog

Quote from: Beaverfever on April 19, 2008, 06:38:12 pm
Pel might not be the easiest person to get be coached by...I've heard horror stories.

Like he is demanding, pushes them, expects perfection? Or he coaches them Bob Knight style and abuses them?

I got the feeling it was/is a Tim Dial situation. He liked the former coach and the ease of practices and the overall easy atmosphere. Now that he is being asked to sacrifice and work twice as hard he is having second thoughts about staying. I just stayed at a Holiday Inn Express 4-5 years ago so I don't really know anything though.

3kgthog

If Rotnei Clarke is as good a shooter as advertised and Fortson is a more controlled Kareem Reid then it's going to do wonders for Beverley's game. I hope he realizes that.

opineonswine

I am a PB fan, but I've seen him at practice.  he's not always what you guys think or are making him out to be.  Him not returning may not be his decision...you ever think of that?

Hogtropolis™

Quote from: opineonswine on April 19, 2008, 09:23:34 pm
I am a PB fan, but I've seen him at practice.  he's not always what you guys think or are making him out to be.  Him not returning may not be his decision...you ever think of that?
I've seen you say this twice now.  What is the deal.  What would be the reason for him leaving?

chillinhoggie

Quote from: Hogtropolis™ on April 19, 2008, 09:56:22 pm
I've seen you say this twice now.  What is the deal.  What would be the reason for him leaving?
Pelphrey doesn't want him? They have a personality clash?....not making the grades?.... not giving the hustle in practice?
There are literally hundreds of reasons......

arkansasmaniac

I talked to beverly on campus yesterday and he is staying, so stop all the idiotic rumors.

Porkatarian

Quote from: arkansasmaniac on April 19, 2008, 10:35:04 pm
I talked to beverly on campus yesterday and he is staying, so stop all the idiotic rumors.

Again, you guys should listen to opine.  It may not be Patrick's decision.

Porkatarian out...
"I came here to win the SEC and that is exactly what we are going to do."

arkansasmaniac

I guess the guy actually telling you that he's staying doesn't mean anything?
We'll see.

Beaverfever

Quote from: 3kgthog on April 19, 2008, 06:46:24 pm
Like he is demanding, pushes them, expects perfection? Or he coaches them Bob Knight style and abuses them?

I got the feeling it was/is a Tim Dial situation. He liked the former coach and the ease of practices and the overall easy atmosphere. Now that he is being asked to sacrifice and work twice as hard he is having second thoughts about staying. I just stayed at a Holiday Inn Express 4-5 years ago so I don't really know anything though.
Idk Just that he is one hard nosed MF when the cameras are turned off.

Hogtropolis™

Quote from: Porkatarian on April 20, 2008, 10:05:32 am
Again, you guys should listen to opine.  It may not be Patrick's decision.

Porkatarian out...
Again, what's the deal?  Why is it not his decision?  What would be the reason for him leaving/having to leave?

RazorAg

Quote from: chiefsfan on April 18, 2008, 04:34:03 pm
agreed  Dudley Dawson is as much of a source as any average guy on here.  He just happens to be on radio.   Ill wait until the players themselves actually say something

Curious.  Who do you think is a better source on our bball program?

TMc

JMO.., Dudley seems to be in tune with the basketball program better than he is in football.  I guess Clay seems to help out with the football more.  Richard does all well..., and Otis seems to be in tune with football more. Again, jmo from reading all for the past 3 years or so.

sasnakrafan

I like scoop for my inside info.

Beaverfever

Quote from: TMc on April 20, 2008, 07:29:04 pm
JMO.., Dudley seems to be in tune with the basketball program better than he is in football.  I guess Clay seems to help out with the football more.  Richard does all well..., and Otis seems to be in tune with football more. Again, jmo from reading all for the past 3 years or so.
Very accurate assessment.  When it comes to bball I trust dudley and I don't even particularly care for the guy. 

mbgrulz

Dudley is very good on Hawg Hoops info. esp. recruiting. I have been a paying member for a while now, and DD Hasn't been wrong on a recruit yet. DD is actually respected by the BB coaches, and he is respectful back.

Hawgsports.com is a waste of money if you are a BB recruiting guy like me. Otis is ALWAYS way behind, and never has as much info as DD.

Baconator

Quote from: Hawg2011 on April 21, 2008, 12:23:36 am
Isn't there a new rule that is being implemented that is going to make players stay at least 2?

It hasn't been agreed upon, and even then it would be a few years before it takes effect.

The Hog

The TV sports news ask Pel about it last night (4 out of LR).  Pel answered that Beverly was happy, working out and a Razorback.  Why is the media even asking this type of question? 
Automatic RUN!

Tomhog™

We'd be taking a step back if these are our only 2009s.  You'd seriously turn down a Derrick Favors?  He's the type of player that takes you to the top (granted a good supporting cast to go with him).  Even if he is only here for a year or two.  As proved with the last class, being here 4 years doesn't guarantee a deep run in the tourney.

We get Clarence Trent, Shawn Williams, and Jenniro Bush, we'll be sitting pretty in the SEC.  IF we get Favors (which means one of the above would likely get left out), look out!