Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Whew! That was a close one!

Started by PigSnort, April 17, 2008, 08:37:41 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

PigSnort

April 17, 2008, 08:37:41 pm Last Edit: April 17, 2008, 09:04:34 pm by PigSnort
I can't believe OKIE ST. didn't offer Pelphrey a gazillion dollars to come be their coach.  I guess the guy who's gonna be the next Kentucky coach isn't good enough for them.

Or, maybe he is.................   ;)

Hogginitall

Quote from: PigSnort on April 17, 2008, 08:37:41 pm
I can't believe OKIE ST. didn't offer Pelphrey a gazillion dollars to come be their coach.  I guess the guy who's gonna be the next Kentucky coach isn't good enough for them.

Or, maybe he is.................   ;)

Really???

arkansasmaniac

Hogginitall

Sounds like that's what he's saying...

Or, I could just be WAY off.

Beaverfever

I think pel is pretty comfortable in arkansas.  I bet he's here for the long haul.  I hope so at least.  It is nice having a guy like him in our corner.  He is tough as nails.

Wild Bill Hog

I think maybe he is talking about Travis Ford.

PapaHawg

I think pel will make a name for himself right here at little ole Arkansas

And coach Petrino too :razorback:
How about them HOGS

In late October, Nutt's staff indicated to Pick that they didn't expect to be at Arkansas after last season. On Oct. 22, with KU 7-0 and moving up the polls, Pick decommitted from Arkansas and immediately gave his pledge to the Jayhawks.

RazorNoles

Pel's house isn't even finished being built and people are talking about him leaving.....

lovethosehogs

i was listining to 97.1 out of tulsa, and they are not happy with the choice.  They thought Self was a done deal.   

ColonelNutt

Wow, we go from a million posts being afraid of losing Pelphrey, then there's posts about being offended when a school doesn't go after him.

:puke:

The Boar War

Quote from: lovethosehogs on April 18, 2008, 07:03:38 am
i was listining to 97.1 out of tulsa, and they are not happy with the choice.  They thought Self was a done deal.  

Travis Ford is a good coach and realistically about as good as they could do.  It's kind of like serving steak on a trash can lid.  You should like what's being served it's just the manner in which it's presented.

Gas Can

Pel is not a proven coach...yet

ALLVOL

He may wind up being a very good coach. But he has done nothing yet. In a few years then you may start to worry about him. But this is a GREAT job for Pel and until he is proven KY or no other school will come with $ to get him. Not bashing at all just fact.

Hogginitall

Quote from: ALLVOL on April 18, 2008, 03:13:36 pm
He may wind up being a very good coach. But he has done nothing yet. In a few years then you may start to worry about him. But this is a GREAT job for Pel and until he is proven KY or no other school will come with $ to get him. Not bashing at all just fact.

He beat Tennessee...

Oh, and got to the Conference Tournament Final.  That's something that even some "proven" coaches can't do!   ;)

hawgsav1

I think the original poster was joking...
Revenge is a dish best served cold. - Klingon Proverb

cdhogfan

Quote from: Hogginitall on April 18, 2008, 03:24:28 pm
He beat Tennessee...

Oh, and got to the Conference Tournament Final.  That's something that even some "proven" coaches can't do!   ;)

Heath did the same thing with those players.  I'm more interested in what Pel will do in the future.  I'm betting that we will all be pretty happy.

hoglady

I took the original post as a sarcastic swipe at Pelphrey and pretty much saying Travis Ford would be the next Kentucky coach, not Pelphrey.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

Hogginitall

Quote from: cdhogfan on April 18, 2008, 04:26:16 pm
Heath did the same thing with those players.  I'm more interested in what Pel will do in the future.  I'm betting that we will all be pretty happy.

Even more damning to the "proven" coach I was speaking about (rhymes with Juice Earl)....

WhenPigsFly

Quote from: hoglady on April 18, 2008, 07:36:25 pm
I took the original post as a sarcastic swipe at Pelphrey and pretty much saying Travis Ford would be the next Kentucky coach, not Pelphrey.

Actually, the sarcastic swipe was at all the posters here who have posted about KY "stealing" Pelphrey away from us.

And how interesting it was that OK ST apparently preferred T. Ford to J. Pelphrey.  As I think KY would at this point, were they to need a coach.