Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2009 Bracketology

Started by bosshawg38, April 15, 2008, 10:34:47 am

Previous topic - Next topic

bosshawg38

Lunardi's already speculating on the '09 brackets. Hogs nowhere in the preliminary field of 65.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/bracketology?lpos=spotlight&lid=tab6pos1

ALLVOL

How he could put a bracket together before he even know who is leaving and what kind of impact incoming Frosh will have? I would suspect he did so to give folks like us something to talk about.

pitbull1

neahog

yeah, he does one every year after the tourney is over and then adjusts it after we find out who's leaving/coaching changes, etc...
"I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle." -Winston Churchill

hogsanity

Quote from: pitbull1 on April 15, 2008, 11:46:38 am
STUPID!!!!!!!

He gets paid to do this.  Therefore, I would say not stupid.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Beaverfever

I'd bet money we make the tournament.  The west will be weak once again and we should win it.  I think us winning the west will become a regular thing.

hogsanity

Quote from: Beaverfever on April 15, 2008, 12:19:56 pm
I'd bet money we make the tournament.  The west will be weak once again and we should win it.  I think us winning the west will become a regular thing.

Analyze the west again, and see if you think it will be weak. 
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Beaverfever

Quote from: hogsanity on April 15, 2008, 12:52:47 pm
Analyze the west again, and see if you think it will be weak. 
uhhh yep?  Ole miss will be decent, but assuming all of these guys that have said they will enter the draft stay in the draft, the west will be very weak again.

NuttinItUp

HogFaninMemphis

Quote from: Beaverfever on April 15, 2008, 12:19:56 pm
I disagree.
MSU won it and lost a few players but returns most of them.
Ole Miss almost made the tournament and is losing no one outside of Curtis.
Go Hogs, Go Cardinals, and Go Grizzlies!

HotlantaHog

He is looking at who is returning and assuming that freshmen will not have a huge impact -- it is a pretty reasonable assumption and expect this story line to be the consensus in all the preseason polls.

jschulte

Quote from: hogsanity on April 15, 2008, 11:54:12 am
He gets paid to do this.  Therefore, I would say not stupid.

He's doing it.. because he gets paid.  The lower half of the tournament has little or no validity.  It just makes something for us to read and rant about... his job.

NuttinItUp

No one will underestimate Davidson again when filling out their brackets next year.

hawgsav1

Quote from: NuttinItUp on April 15, 2008, 11:31:04 pm
No one will underestimate Davidson again when filling out their brackets next year.

True, but they're losing their PG, who played a big role in getting the ball to Stephen Curry. 
Revenge is a dish best served cold. - Klingon Proverb