Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2 more bb players gone?

Started by claycohog, April 13, 2008, 06:45:43 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

claycohog

I'm hearing Britt and Washington are the next 2 biting the dust.  Anyone else hearing this?

The Realist

I would be shocked by Washington. 
"We've got chips on our shoulder and really want to go out and show everybody what we can do.  We're not asking for anybody to give us the respect we deserve, but we plan on going out and taking it."
Childs, Gregory.

Ulysses_S_Grunt

Quote from: The Realist on April 13, 2008, 06:52:31 pm
I would be shocked by Washington. 

ditto, I'd expect britt to stay too, he got some pretty good minutes this year

farmhawg

From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

AnthroHog

I read somewhere that we could be losing two players, with one because of grades.  I assumed they were talking about Washington because of concerns with his grades in the past.  On AST someone said that Welsh's family wasn't happy with his current role and trying to get him to transfer.  Those were the two that I thought we would potentially lose.  I wonder how different our team will be next year.

TheBossHog

What is the source you are hearing these strange sounds coming from???

The Realist

April 13, 2008, 07:21:11 pm #6 Last Edit: April 13, 2008, 07:23:23 pm by The Realist
Quote from: AnthroHog on April 13, 2008, 07:08:53 pm
I read somewhere that we could be losing two players, with one because of grades.  I assumed they were talking about Washington because of concerns with his grades in the past.  On AST someone said that Welsh's family wasn't happy with his current role and trying to get him to transfer.  Those were the two that I thought we would potentially lose.  I wonder how different our team will be next year.
I'd like to know who on AST is from Virginia and happens to be good friends with his family.  Maybe they are unhappy, but all they can do is look at his mid season shooting slump for that.  At the end of the season when he was shooting well, he was playing.  The only thing to be upset about is his PT during the tourney.
Also, an article a while back  Washington said when he first came here he struggled a lot with class but that he figured out what it took to make the grades.
"We've got chips on our shoulder and really want to go out and show everybody what we can do.  We're not asking for anybody to give us the respect we deserve, but we plan on going out and taking it."
Childs, Gregory.

claycohog

From what I'm hearing Washington refuses to make the commitment in the classroom that Pel demands, but he also is not making the commitment as a basketball player.  The reasons for Britt not returning are obvious.  Don't know if it's true but did here this today.  We will see.

claycohog

hear.  (for the grammer police)

Hogginitall

Man, I hope this isn't true.  We need Washington.  He has NBA potential.  But, he needs to realize that he is going to have to work very, very hard (WHEREVER HE IS PLAYING) to end up where he wants to be.  It will be no different at any other school.  I hope he reconsiders, if he is indeed thinking about transferring.

booogaga

why the hell would washington be leaving. he will be the lone big man next year. he will have a great opportunity to show off his stuff. i can see britt leaving with all of the guards coming in but not washington.
GO HOGS!

The Boar War

I would hate to see either one of those players leave.  I think they both have potential to contribute in big ways next year.

claycohog

washington's problem is that he's lazy.  it was quite obvious that he and Pel didn't see eye to eye the last month of the season.  this was news to me also so we shall see how it plays out.

returntoglory

I would be shocked if Washington left. We have no bulk at all except for him and Sanchez. We need him to bang, but if he doesn't pick up his effort level, I would not be incredibly disappointed if he did leave.

Darren DeLoach

welllllllll, i initially waived this off as mere rumor, but i see it has not been refuted by the authorities nor has it been brandished a rumor and cast into outer darkness with much gnashing of teeth.

to be continued..........................................
ο λογος υμων παντοτε εν χαριτι αλατι ηρτυμενος ειδεναι πως δει υμας ενι εκαστω αποκρινεσθαι

HawgAdvocate

Same guy said Nolan to Jonesboro was a done deal.
"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

mbgrulz

Quote from: donewithdale on April 14, 2008, 01:07:53 am
What are the 'obvious' reasons for Britt not returning?  He proved to be a good defender this season.
you can look at our incoming class (actually signed and possibly coming) and see that while britt may be a good defender, he is not a good enough defender to make up for his lack of offense compared to a lot of these guys.

Lets remember that britt was a 3 star guard who we stole from LA Tech. I want britt to stay, but not at the expense of having to pass on a more promising player due to low scholarships.

Special Delivery Jones

Quote from: HawgAdvocate on April 14, 2008, 01:14:22 am

Which is good as a guarantee that Rakestraw was not leaving.

Filthy_McSwine

Quote from: claycohog on April 13, 2008, 08:43:20 pm
hear.  (for the grammer police)

GrammAr.  For the spelling police.

J.A.Y.

Once again I say we will see a 180 in style of play next year.

Refs better be in shape.
There are Three things in life that matter... GOD, Family and the Arkansas Razorbacks.

The rest you can deal with if you have any time left over.

HawgAdvocate

Quote from: Special Delivery Jones on April 14, 2008, 07:46:11 am
Which is good as a guarantee that Rakestraw was not leaving.

Where did anyone guarantee that? I'd love to see a guarantee.
"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

claycohog

I told what Nolan would demand and sure enough it came to be.  If I remember correctly you stated that there was no way J'boro St. would go for that.  Which was correct.

booogaga

at  this point i hope we keep our coach
GO HOGS!

claycohog

Quote from: booogaga on April 14, 2008, 11:22:38 am
To be honest, that isn't a concern of mine.  If Pel wants to leave that just means he isn't committed to us.  This time we will have a REAL athletic director to make a hire.

Hogginitall

April 14, 2008, 11:44:29 am #24 Last Edit: April 14, 2008, 02:23:52 pm by Hogginitall
Quote from: HawgAdvocate on April 14, 2008, 11:10:49 am
Where did anyone guarantee that? I'd love to see a guarantee.

Well, you didn't really "guarantee" it, but you made it pretty clear that Rakestraw was not leaving:

Quote from: HawgAdvocate on March 25, 2008, 04:16:04 pm
Nah...Patsa is leaving. Not Rakestraw. Where's Quite Frankly and the other know-it-alls?

We'll have two available schollies to fill once Patsa leaves.

claycohog

Quote from: Hogginitall on April 14, 2008, 11:44:29 am
Well, you didn't really "guarantee" it, but you made it pretty clear that Rakestraw was not leaving:

hmmm........

HawgAdvocate

Quote from: Hogginitall on April 14, 2008, 11:44:29 am

At the time I hadn't heard that Rake had chosen to leave. Many of you kept saying he was going to have his schollie revoked, which didn't happen. That's where the debate originated. Rake decided he wanted to ask for his release, and got it.

The shot at QuiteFrankly was because she and others maintained he was getting his scholarship revoked, which wasn't true.

Hogginitall

April 14, 2008, 11:53:32 am #27 Last Edit: April 14, 2008, 12:00:13 pm by Hogginitall
Quote from: HawgAdvocate on April 14, 2008, 11:50:27 am
At the time I hadn't heard that Rake had chosen to leave. Many of you kept saying he was going to have his schollie revoked, which didn't happen. Rake decided he wanted to ask for his release, and got it.

The shot at QuiteFrankly was because she and others maintained he was getting his scholarship revoked, which wasn't true.

Alright.  Whatever.  I'm SURE he really wanted to leave and either sit out a year before playing at a lower Div. I school, or play for an NAIA or Div II school, rather than play for Arkansas.  Pelphrey brought him in, told him he wasn't going to play a minute, and told him that if he didn't decide to transfer, they were going to take his scholarship away from him.  You're either the most stubborn person I've come across in my life, or you're the most naiive.  Which one is it?

HawgAdvocate

Quote from: Hogginitall on April 14, 2008, 11:53:32 am
Alright.  Whatever.  I'm SURE he really wanted to leave and either sit out a year before playing at a lower Div. I school, or play for an NAIA or Div II school, rather than play for Arkansas.  Pelphrey brought him in, told him he wasn't going to play a minute, and told him that if he didn't decide to transfer, they were going to take his scholarship away from him.  You're either the most stubborn person I've come across in my life, or you're the most naiive.  Which one is it?

How am I stubborn or naiive? I'd say you're being more stubborn than I am. Despite what you choose to believe, there's not always a conspiracy theory at play.

If Pelphrey brought him in and told him he wouldn't play a minute, then why did he play at all? He played more than Patsa, who Pel flew across the globe to bring in. Why would Rakestraw even come in if he was told that up front? Your opinions have huge holes in them.

Hogginitall

Quote from: HawgAdvocate on April 14, 2008, 12:40:45 pm
How am I stubborn or naiive? I'd say you're being more stubborn than I am. Despite what you choose to believe, there's not always a conspiracy theory at play.

If Pelphrey brought him in and told him he wouldn't play a minute, then why did he play at all? He played more than Patsa, who Pel flew across the globe to bring in. Why would Rakestraw even come in if he was told that up front? Your opinions have huge holes in them.

Stubborn because you won't admit you were completely wrong OR naiive if you actually think that Rakestraw just decided to transfer without SEVERE PRESSURE from Pelphrey. 

If Rakestraw was confident in his abilities and Pelphrey DIDN'T make it completely obvious that he wasn't going to play and was going to lose his scholarship, why would Rakestraw transfer to a lesser school?  It is obvious to anyone who doesn't have wool over their eyes.

chiefsfan

No he didnt say that.  If I remember correctly, he listed the terms which Nolan would ask of Arkansas State.   and if the school agreed, then it would be a deal

The school didnt agree.    ClayCo isnt like alot of our rumor starters
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

arkansasmaniac

Not that this means much, but went to Buffalo Wild Wings on saturday night and sat at a table next to Pel and Michael Washington was sitting with him.

chiefsfan

Quote from: booogaga on April 14, 2008, 11:22:38 am

He's not going anywhere.   The Buyout is way too high right now.    Though I wish Frank had stuck a noncompete clause in there
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

Special Delivery Jones

April 14, 2008, 02:04:49 pm #33 Last Edit: April 14, 2008, 02:06:47 pm by Special Delivery Jones
Oh it was getting taken.  It is kind of like you are going to get fired, but your boss is kind enough to let you resign.  Fact is he gave it up and that might even be worse than hanging around and not giving it up.

I doubt very seriously that Pel tried to hard to talk him out of VOLUNTARILY giving up his scholarship.

Hogginitall

Quote from: HawgAdvocate on April 14, 2008, 11:50:27 am
At the time I hadn't heard that Rake had chosen to leave. Many of you kept saying he was going to have his schollie revoked, which didn't happen. That's where the debate originated. Rake decided he wanted to ask for his release, and got it.

I think it is absolutely hilarious that you are still trying to maintain that Rakestraw just decided to transfer and Pelphrey reluctantly granted his wish.  He was getting that $&%* taken if he didn't "decide to transfer, due to something other than playing time". 

claycohog

Quote from: Hogginitall on April 14, 2008, 02:14:10 pm
I think it is absolutely hilarious that you are still trying to maintain that Rakestraw just decided to transfer and Pelphrey reluctantly granted his wish.  He was getting that $&%* taken if he didn't "decide to transfer, due to something other than playing time". 
This makes 2 subjects he is incorrect about in this post.

HawgAdvocate

Quote from: Hogginitall on April 14, 2008, 12:50:51 pm
Stubborn because you won't admit you were completely wrong OR naiive if you actually think that Rakestraw just decided to transfer without SEVERE PRESSURE from Pelphrey. 

If Rakestraw was confident in his abilities and Pelphrey DIDN'T make it completely obvious that he wasn't going to play and was going to lose his scholarship, why would Rakestraw transfer to a lesser school?  It is obvious to anyone who doesn't have wool over their eyes.

I wasn't completely wrong. I said he wasn't getting his schollie revoked and he didn't. You keep on posting your preferred beliefs though. Rakestraw might have seen he wasn't going to play much. I don't doubt that. But you keep lumping in the idea that he wasn't geting his schollie back. And that isn't what his father said happened. Sooooo, as it stands you are wrong.

HawgAdvocate

Quote from: claycohog on April 14, 2008, 02:20:10 pm
This makes 2 subjects he is incorrect about in this post.

What I find hilarious is how some of you read posts from anonymous handles, and hand pick what you deem to be fact or fiction.

You don't know right from wrong. Instead, you choose what you want it to be. Very interesting.

Filthy_McSwine

Hogginitall

Quote from: HawgAdvocate on April 14, 2008, 02:21:23 pm
I wasn't completely wrong. I said he wasn't getting his schollie revoked and he didn't. You keep on posting your preferred beliefs though. Rakestraw might have seen he wasn't going to play much. I don't doubt that. But you keep lumping in the idea that he wasn't geting his schollie back. And that isn't what his father said happened. Sooooo, as it stands you are wrong.

Nah, this is what you said:

Quote from: HawgAdvocate on March 25, 2008, 04:16:04 pm
Nah...Patsa is leaving. Not Rakestraw. Where's Quite Frankly and the other know-it-alls?

We'll have two available schollies to fill once Patsa leaves.

And that is what they ALWAYS SAY when a kid "decides to transfer".  "It's not about playing time.  It's in Nate's best interest.  He and Pelphrey's relationship is fine."  What they don't say is that "he's going to get his $%^& taken from him if he doesn't decide to transfer to another school" or that "Pelphrey said my kid will never play another minute if he decides to stay at the U of A and they will be giving his scholarship to someone else".

Both handled it with class.  They don't necessarily tell the whole story in the press!

claycohog

Quote from: HawgAdvocate on April 14, 2008, 02:22:54 pm
What I find hilarious is how some of you read posts from anonymous handles, and hand pick what you deem to be fact or fiction.

You don't know right from wrong. Instead, you choose what you want it to be. Very interesting.
What I find hilarious is how you add to and take away from different stories so that it will fit to your story.  We both seem to be laughing today.

Hogginitall

Quote from: HawgAdvocate on April 14, 2008, 02:21:23 pm

I mean, really, you think a kid's dad is going to go to the press and say "John Pelphrey is taking my son's scholarship because he thinks he sucks and he told my son that he was never going to play nothing more than "walk-on minutes" for the rest of his career at Arkansas.  I would also like to add that we "are in talks with" Missouri and Oklahoma, but most likely my son will have to play for an NAIA or Div II team to get a significant amount of playing time."?  Do you really think a kid's dad is going to come out and say things like that in the press, even if they are true?

Special Delivery Jones

Quote from: HawgAdvocate on April 14, 2008, 02:22:54 pm

Are you somehow not anonymous?  Seems you do those very things.  You CHOOSE to decide and believe what you want to believe.  My guess is that each person here is entitled to their opinion on the matter of why Rakestraw left.  While they might be wrong on the facts (if we knew them as Nate does) that does not make them wrong for having an OPINION.  It really isn't that hard to understand.  But fact is if you are going to get any Nate information you will not be finding it in any Razorback box score.

Special Delivery Jones

Quote from: Hogginitall on April 14, 2008, 02:29:23 pm
Nah, this is what you said:

And that is what they ALWAYS SAY when a kid "decides to transfer".  "It's not about playing time.  It's in Nate's best interest.  He and Pelphrey's relationship is fine."  What they don't say is that "he's going to get his $%^& taken from him if he doesn't decide to transfer to another school" or that "Pelphrey said my kid will never play another minute if he decides to stay at the U of A and they will be giving his scholarship to someone else".

Both handled it with class.  They don't necessarily tell the whole story in the press!

But he did not guarantee that he was staying.  Now what was it that Tommy Boy said about guarantees?

HawgAdvocate

Like I said, you guys can continue to think what "ALWAYS" happens is what you want to happen.

It's no skin off my back. Have a great day!  ;D

Hogginitall

Quote from: HawgAdvocate on April 14, 2008, 03:40:22 pm
Like I said, you guys can continue to think what "ALWAYS" happens is what you want to happen.

Why in the hell would I want a kid waste a year on scholarship, playing only 33 minutes the entire season, and then transfer to another school?  I wish he could cut it at the Div I level.  But, he couldn't.  That is the reason he's leaving.  It's not like Pelphrey is out to get kids a last name that start with the letter "R".  He saw that Patsatsia and Rakestraw weren't good enough to take Arkansas back to the elite level, told them so, and they "decided to transfer" or were "released from their scholarships".  You can call it whatever you want, but anyone who is not naiive and/or ignorant knows EXACTLY what happened.

Hogginitall

Quote from: HawgAdvocate on April 14, 2008, 03:40:22 pm

p.s.  Santa Claus is real.

UltraRedDeltaNinjaForce

Quote from: Hogginitall on April 13, 2008, 08:45:54 pm
Man, I hope this isn't true.  We need Washington.  He has NBA potential.

Hahahahahahahahahaha!

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha!

UltraRedDeltaNinjaForce

Quote from: Hogginitall on April 13, 2008, 08:45:54 pm
Man, I hope this isn't true.  We need Washington.  He has NBA potential.

Washington. NBA potential. Hahahahaha. Good one Hoggin'!

arkansasmaniac