Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Self staying at Kansas

Started by enl35794, April 10, 2008, 03:59:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

enl35794

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=3340309

Which means there's a chance Gillispie may be heading to OSU. Then Kentucky would have Pelphrey at the top of their list. Could be bad news.
"And I took the butcher knife and put it up to her neck. I said if you want to live to see tomorrow, you better start frying them eggs a little bit better than what you frying. I'm tired of eating sloppy, slimy eggs."

Jesco White

ESPNhater

You don't think Travis Ford would be at the top of KU's board?

BEvERage

The Boar War

Gillespie won't be going to OSU either.  I'm not sure who they're going to get but I don't see them getting a huge name.  I see them forming a search committee by midweek.

Bama Hog™

Quote from: SILK PURSE on October 03, 2008, 09:34:24 am
MM and DW are to be lauded as Arkansas sports heroes for their overall contribution, not just on the playing field during one season, but also for the sacrifices that they made which ensured the dismantling of the Frank Broyles machine. 

farhan

like said in other threads, 40 mill reasons to leave

Seebs

To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

hogsanity

Quote from: The Boar War on April 10, 2008, 04:03:19 pm
Gillespie won't be going to OSU either.  I'm not sure who they're going to get but I don't see them getting a huge name.  I see them forming a search committee by midweek.

So, John White is involved in this?
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Table Rocker

shocking.
BCG won't go either.
I heard Kevin Stallings?

edmo

I hear Kelvin Sampson is looking for a job.

idiotghos

Come now, the fun's only just begun.  If they could drag out the self rumors this long, just imagine how long it'll take calipari to deny interest.

go hogues

Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

HogBaptist

Quote from: enl35794 on April 10, 2008, 03:59:18 pm
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=3340309

Which means there's a chance Gillispie may be heading to OSU. Then Kentucky would have Pelphrey at the top of their list. Could be bad news.

Why in the heck would UK go after Pelphrey?  This is UK for crying out loud.  Yes he is a good coach, but he is not proven.  He hasn't had one recruiting class yet.  No one knows if he can recruit big time players. 

Pel is great, but UK will not go after him.

enl35794

Quote from: HogBaptist on April 10, 2008, 04:13:12 pm
Why in the heck would UK go after Pelphrey?  This is UK for crying out loud.  Yes he is a good coach, but he is not proven.  He hasn't had one recruiting class yet.  No one knows if he can recruit big time players. 

Pel is great, but UK will not go after him.

Pel's number is kinda hanging from the rafters there in Rupp Arena, so, him being an up and coming coach (yes still unproven, which is why I hope he doesn't go) who happens to be their hometown boy, I'd say they'll at least look his way.
"And I took the butcher knife and put it up to her neck. I said if you want to live to see tomorrow, you better start frying them eggs a little bit better than what you frying. I'm tired of eating sloppy, slimy eggs."

Jesco White

Dwight_K_Shrute

Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

AnthroHog

April 10, 2008, 04:37:56 pm #15 Last Edit: April 10, 2008, 04:41:52 pm by AnthroHog
According to Kentucky's site, Oklahoma State's plane is in Nashville.

http://kentucky.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=1383&tid=113242559&mid=113242559&sid=888&style=2

idiotghos

AnthroHog

Quote from: idiotghos on April 10, 2008, 04:40:48 pm
If by knoxville you mean nashville, yes.

Meant to type Nashville, but read Pearl's name in the thread.  I think it is funny that they're referencing us as the initial plane watchers.

Veritas Arkansas

a_Rev

AND

Top 5 threads that make you shake your head
Quote from: hogcard1964 on August 02, 2017, 03:02:35 pm
I like to refer to myself as a bigot.  I have every right to be.

Quote from: ThisTeetsTaken on October 06, 2017, 01:23:52 pm
White Nationalists aren't any more evil than homosexuals.

kuhog

Quote from: enl35794 on April 10, 2008, 04:17:49 pm
Pel's number is kinda hanging from the rafters there in Rupp Arena, so, him being an up and coming coach (yes still unproven, which is why I hope he doesn't go) who happens to be their hometown boy, I'd say they'll at least look his way.

I'm going with Baptist on this one. Pel isn't proven enough to get serious consideration from Kentucky. If the job was open, Kentucky might give a courtesy call to Pel, but he wouldn't be in the running.

chortle

Quote from: AnthroHog on April 10, 2008, 04:43:40 pm
Meant to type Nashville, but read Pearl's name in the thread.  I think it is funny that they're referencing us as the initial plane watchers.

Nobody manages their universities airways better than Hog fans. We set the bar for tracking planes and flying banners.

hogfan064

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on April 10, 2008, 04:20:26 pm
Kevin Stallings, Book It.

That would be good news.  Get rid of a great coach and made Vandy mediocre again. Yeah I realize we've beaten up on Vandy recently, but I'd still like to have that game as an easy win each year like it once was.

hogfan064

Quote from: kuhog on April 10, 2008, 11:27:47 pm
I'm going with Baptist on this one. Pel isn't proven enough to get serious consideration from Kentucky. If the job was open, Kentucky might give a courtesy call to Pel, but he wouldn't be in the running.

I wouldn't say that.  Pel was actually thought to be in serious running if BCG didn't take the job.

J.A.Y.

Have they said how much Self will be making at Kansas now?
There are Three things in life that matter... GOD, Family and the Arkansas Razorbacks.

The rest you can deal with if you have any time left over.

pitbull1

My sources tells me that when the plane leaves Nashville, it's going to Kentucky, but to Louisville......LOL

HogBaptist

Quote from: hogfan064 on April 11, 2008, 07:47:11 am
I wouldn't say that.  Pel was actually thought to be in serious running if BCG didn't take the job.

where are you getting your info on that one?  Pel's name never came up until Arkansas got him. 

cardinalhawg

Quote from: hogfan064 on April 11, 2008, 07:46:27 am
That would be good news.  Get rid of a great coach and made Vandy mediocre again. Yeah I realize we've beaten up on Vandy recently, but I'd still like to have that game as an easy win each year like it once was.

It seems we struggled more with Vandy when they haven't been good vs. when they have been good.  I remember during the Nolan years, you could pretty much count on losing in Vandy's arena, but beating them at home.  Then Stan Heath comes on the scene and goes 5-1 against Vandy, going 2-1 at Vandy.  Now Pelphrey is 2-0 against them, so that is one team that we have faired well against in recent seasons, even their better teams.

cardinalhawg

As far as Pel going to Kentucky should an unexpected vacancy emerge there in coming days, I do not see him being one of their top choices.  I would figure that Kentucky would go after a few other top names first before going after Pelphrey.  He might be a backup plan for them, but not a top choice.

I would imagine Pel wanting to go back to Kentucky, but at the same time wanting to develop a winning program at Arkansas first without having to deal with the pressure of being the head man at Kentucky.

ColonelNutt

I heard Dickey Nutt was available.  His brother has ties to Oklahoma State too.