Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Steele and Speights among players declared for the NBA draft

Started by Hogtropolis™, April 08, 2008, 07:59:20 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hogtropolis™

Ronald Steele of Bama and Marreese Speights of Florida have both declared for the NBA draft.

Richard Hendrix (Bama) and Anthony Randolf (LSU) are the only other 2 underclassmen that have also declared for the draft from the SEC.

None of the 4 have hired an agent.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/draft2008/columns/story?columnist=ford_chad&page=InOut

The Realist

"We've got chips on our shoulder and really want to go out and show everybody what we can do.  We're not asking for anybody to give us the respect we deserve, but we plan on going out and taking it."
Childs, Gregory.

Beaverfever

I don't know about that move for steele and speights.  I don't see either one of them getting drafted, particularly speights.

bobcat ball

Steele was out for most of the season if not all of the season what is he thinking he needs to come back, although it doesn't bother me one less person the hogs have to worry about. 
WOO PIG

oldfart

surprised steele declared after sitting out this last year altho i am glad he did and hope he goes, he beat us pretty much single handedly before......

Hawg414

marreese who?  and anthony who??

see, thats whats wrong with the nba nowadays.  its mostly developmental.

returntoglory

This is ridiculous. Steele is one of the most talented players in the conference, and I think he will be drafted very late. However, if he came back for a year and tore it up, he could be a lottery pick in my opinion. The guy is sick.

returntoglory

Does anybody think that big guy from kentucky will declare? His name slips my mind at the moment.

Hogtropolis™

Quote from: returntoglory on April 09, 2008, 07:55:49 am
Does anybody think that big guy from kentucky will declare? His name slips my mind at the moment.
Patrick Patterson is probably who you are thinking of.  And he is very good, and would probably get drafted if he declared, but I heard somewhere that he stated he is planning on playing for 4 years and getting his degree before he goes pro.

Tripod1

Paper says they have not signed with an agent and won't until their draft position is determined.  Leaving the door open to come back to the college ranks.

3kgthog

I'm baffled about most of the guys that have declared so far.

Atreyu

A freshman from Syracuse declared today. I forget the name.
1 by 1, we loaded our guns
up on the mountain all day
and all through the night
HEYHEYHEY

arkansasmaniac

Quote from: Hogtropolis™ on April 08, 2008, 07:59:20 pm
Ronald Steele of Bama and Marreese Speights of Florida have both declared for the NBA draft.

Richard Hendrix (Bama) and Anthony Randolf (LSU) are the only other 2 underclassmen that have also declared for the draft from the SEC.

None of the 4 have hired an agent.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/draft2008/columns/story?columnist=ford_chad&page=InOut

Anthony Randolf from LSU?
Did he even play?

returntoglory

I've seen that guy projected as a very high lottery pick.

The Realist

Quote from: arkansasmaniac on April 10, 2008, 11:07:57 am
Anthony Randolf from LSU?
Did he even play?
He is one of the only SEC guys who should leave. 
"We've got chips on our shoulder and really want to go out and show everybody what we can do.  We're not asking for anybody to give us the respect we deserve, but we plan on going out and taking it."
Childs, Gregory.

Oliver

Quote from: 3kgthog on April 09, 2008, 03:25:41 pm
I'm baffled about most of the guys that have declared so far.

And just as baffled about the ones who haven't...i.e. Blake Griffin.  What the heck is he staying for?  He was already a projected top 10 pick, I really doubt one more year will really increase his draft stock that much.