Previous topic - Next topic

Which game was more surprising to you?

Winning the 1994 National Championship game
15 (19%)
Losing the 1995 National Championship game
64 (81%)

Total Members Voted: 76

Styflin

Which game Suprised you the most?  I have to say losing in '95 still really bothers me.  I just don't understand how we could have lost that game.  Thoughts?

josh_sec33

I STILL to this day blame Missouri for letting UCLA off the hook 3 games earlier in the 1995 tourney
Quote from: Hogstocking on February 07, 2008, 11:45:16 am
The 'fence' has been replaced by the Great Wall of China wrapped in barbed wire guarded by snipers. 

Quote from: Fayettechill14 on September 06, 2012, 05:43:24 pm
On a scale of "DGB is a Hog" to "Bobby had a girl on the back of that bike," how sure are you?

wooly

Quote from: josh_sec33 on April 08, 2008, 12:13:38 pm
I STILL to this day blame Missouri for letting UCLA off the hook 3 games earlier in the 1995 tourney

Everytime I saw that stupid a s s commercial during the tourney.

SteveInArk

A great two years...  all starters or not, making the finals again was surreal to me.... but then losing the championship after reaching it was SHOCK...  only time is healing that one!  ;)
- "If we all threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone else's, we'd grab our's back." - Unknown

NEAHawgfan

Quote from: KJL on April 08, 2008, 05:22:51 pm
Yeah what happens if Edney doesn't make that play? Interesting to think about. Arkansas v. UConn maybe.
How did we lose to UCLA anyway? Edney played about 2 minutes, Cameron Dollar was a joke. Toby Bailey was way overrated....what the hell happenned to him anyway? The O'Bannon's were good college players I guess, but we were still far better. Very disappointing to this day. Then the decisions of Corliss and Scotty. Sigh, oh what could've been?!?!

Oliver

The 1994 National Championship was the most surprising game to me.  It was the first and only time I've seen the University of Arkansas win a National Championship in football or basketball.  Losing in the Championship Game next year was really disappointing but not as surprising because it is really hard to repeat.

Styflin

Quote from: NEAHawgfan on April 08, 2008, 07:46:04 pm
How did we lose to UCLA anyway? Edney played about 2 minutes, Cameron Dollar was a joke. Toby Bailey was way overrated....what the hell happenned to him anyway? The O'Bannon's were good college players I guess, but we were still far better. Very disappointing to this day. Then the decisions of Corliss and Scotty. Sigh, oh what could've been?!?!

What the heck was Scotty and Corliss doing in this game?  It's beyond me... 

Lard

Quote from: Oliver Miller on April 08, 2008, 07:51:53 pm
because it is really hard to repeat.
yes it is......which pisses me off to no end that Florida has back-to-back Nat'l. Championships and their fan base doesn't give a crap about basketball.
"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny."
-Thomas Jefferson

"Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost." - John Quincy Adams

Doggtown31LCC

Quote from: Styflin on April 08, 2008, 09:50:26 pm
What the heck was Scotty and Corliss doing in this game?  It's beyond me... 

i guess everybody has an off nite every once in a while.
L. Courtney Click
Winthrop Wolves #1
Superman wears Joe Adams pajamas

Pcalitrack

QuoteI STILL to this day blame Missouri for letting UCLA off the hook 3 games earlier in the 1995 tourney

I remember a Syracuse team letting us off the hook. In fact, I think I remember that game a lot more vividly than the National Championship game. Man, I was for sure we had lost that one...

returntoglory

I was randomly in Seattle a couple of weeks ago and stopped in a bar. They were showing the 95 game. It was good just to sit down and watch the glory days.

spudhog

I have 2 big surprises.

1) 1995 game- I thought we would/should've won. Ucla played great and we looked tired.

2) 1994-Surprised that Duke played us that close. I was expecting a blowout and they hung around for the full 40. Cherokee Parks, Collins, Capel and co had no business hanging with us. We were nervous and struggled shooting the whole night. Until Mr. Thurman showed up.

Pork Twain

Bothers me that we destroyed Missouri earlier in the year and UCLA squeaked by them and ended up beating us.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/