Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Memphis, hotbed?

Started by hillhog, April 08, 2008, 11:43:06 am

Previous topic - Next topic

hillhog

I have heard about Memphis being a hotbed of basketball talent. I just looked at their roster for this year. One Sr and one Soph, neither a starter. I know we have had some good ones from Memphis, so where are the players now going if not to Memphis Tigers? Tenn, maybe?

Beaverfever

Quote from: hillhog on April 08, 2008, 11:43:06 am
I have heard about Memphis being a hotbed of basketball talent. I just looked at their roster for this year. One Sr and one Soph, neither a starter. I know we have had some good ones from Memphis, so where are the players now going if not to Memphis Tigers? Tenn, maybe?
I don't know.  I was wondering that too.  UM doesn't seem that interested in them (Cal recruits nationally).  There has to be a ton of talent comming from that city.  You could make a pretty good team out of just the players from little rock, and memphis is 5 times the size of little rock.  It seems like a really good opportunity for us to start recruiting the hell out of that place since Cal seems pretty uninterested.

preach33

Wild Bill Hog

I haven't checked it out (and probably won't bother), but DTS said yesterday that neither Memphis nor Kansas had any starters from TN or KN respectively.

elksnort

Calipari supposedly said that he does not want to recruit the Memphis kids because of their possible gang relations. Meaning, that they'll be hanging too close to their homies.

HogNuttz

Wasn't Thaddeus Young, Wayne Chism, and Willie Kemp all on the same AAU team from the Memphis area?

Sounds like some good talent to me.
Work harder!!!......millions of illegals, welfare bums, multi-millionaire financial CEO's who've trashed their companies, unionized auto workers in Detriot, and other recipients of our governments social programs depend on you.

DMacIsASaint

Elliot Williams was the top player in the greater memphis area this year and a mcdonalds all american..hes going to duke after being recruited by duke tenn and memphis..Thadeus Young didn't go to memphis cause his dad wanted him to be coached by a black coach (went to georgia tech and now doing very well in the nba as a rookie)..pierre niles was suppose to be very good coming of Ridgeway, but he's been eating sitting cheeseburgers and being worthless his first two years with Memphis..Andre Allen is from Memphis and he runs the point about as well as a retarded monkey..JP Prince went to Arizona he didn't get to play so transferred Tennessee..Willie Kimp is from Boliver about an hour east of Memphis he will be starting next year and is basically the best player memphis has in or around the Memphis area

HogFaninMemphis

Yeah good Memphis talents often go to national programs like Duke.
You usually can't look at the area universities to find out where the top Memphis talents have gone.
Go Hogs, Go Cardinals, and Go Grizzlies!