Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Baggy Shorts

Started by miles22, April 06, 2008, 10:03:33 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

miles22

Did Arkansas or Michigan start wearing baggy shorts first?

NateMan

Michigan.  But Arkansas' from '94 were some of the longest ever seen at that time (especially Al Dillard! ;D)

jgphillips3

Yeah, Michigan went long first and then Arkansas took it further.  If anyone else was doing it, I don't remember.

miles22

Al's were down to his ankles. Those were the longest shorts I've seen a player wear.

zebra

wooo

they were big for the times, but not as big as our memory tell us.

elksnort

Would it not be interesting if some team would buck the trend and go back to short shorts.

HogNuttz

April 08, 2008, 11:09:12 am #7 Last Edit: April 08, 2008, 11:11:28 am by HogNuttz
Quote from: elksnort on April 08, 2008, 10:42:42 am
Would it not be interesting if some team would buck the trend and go back to short shorts.

It would kill recruiting.  Kids today ain't gonna wear it.  I don't care if you're UNC or Duke or Kansas.

I'd like to see Dillard just standing still.  I don't doubt that memory tells us they were bigger, but I don't think that pic is all that great either.  I think we had some different shorts that were bigger than those at some point in Dillards career.
Work harder!!!......millions of illegals, welfare bums, multi-millionaire financial CEO's who've trashed their companies, unionized auto workers in Detriot, and other recipients of our governments social programs depend on you.

HogNuttz

April 08, 2008, 11:14:24 am #8 Last Edit: April 08, 2008, 11:16:11 am by HogNuttz
Freshmen?

Junior

Obviously there was a trend going.  Also, I don't ever remember Corliss looking as skinny in college as he does in the top pic.
Work harder!!!......millions of illegals, welfare bums, multi-millionaire financial CEO's who've trashed their companies, unionized auto workers in Detriot, and other recipients of our governments social programs depend on you.

elksnort

Quote from: HogNuttz on April 08, 2008, 11:09:12 am
It would kill recruiting.  Kids today ain't gonna wear it.  I don't care if you're UNC or Duke or Kansas.

I'd like to see Dillard just standing still.  I don't doubt that memory tells us they were bigger, but I don't think that pic is all that great either.  I think we had some different shorts that were bigger than those at some point in Dillards career.

I am sure that you are right, but all it takes is some company like NIKE or Adidias coupled with a bold trend setter type of player or group of guys who can think for themselves. Trends have to start somewhere.

40MINSOFHELL

why cant we go back to those shorts

Doggtown31LCC

oh man those were the days
L. Courtney Click
Winthrop Wolves #1
Superman wears Joe Adams pajamas

Milton

Quote from: 40MINSOFPEL on April 08, 2008, 07:52:36 pm
Because that's something the University of San Fransico might do
Quote from: Douglas on December 04, 2012, 06:23:54 pm
We've had it with 1 hit wonders coming in, making posts reeking of wanton jackwagonry and then not doing anything about it.

Pigonometry

Quote from: 40MINSOFPEL on April 08, 2008, 07:52:36 pm

I'd rather go back to those players..........
Baseball is simple, but never easy.

Vandyhog4

I've often pondered the same question.  As a kid in the early 90s, I vividly remember the Fab 5 starting the long short fad and then having our beloved Hogs take it to a different level.  The '94 regional final between Michigan and Arkansas pitted these two trend setters against one another in the battle of the baggy shorts. 

If short shorts are ever going to make a comeback, I think it will take an incoming group of freshman, not unlike the Fab 5, who just don't care about their image and want to make a statement...nay, start a revolution.  I personally think LeBron needs to rock the shorties for a game, week, or maybe a season.  LeBron IS basketball, and if he goes short then every kid playing the game will follow.  Otherwise, the only way shorts befitting of John Havlicek ever make it back to basketball is if the one and only Jeff Hornacek comes out of retirement. 

arkansasmaniac

HAHAH
The Lakers and Celtics I believe played a game earlier this year or last year and every player wore the really short shorts for one half.  Most had some sort of legging underneath, but it was kind of funny to see.

J.A.Y.

Michigan started it.

Didn't they start the black socks thing too?
There are Three things in life that matter... GOD, Family and the Arkansas Razorbacks.

The rest you can deal with if you have any time left over.

gohogsgo006

Hogville- Where realism somehow equals pessimism

hogchick26

I have an idea....Maybe we should have fashion forum where fashion forward men can debate the black football uniforms and the appropriate length and style of basketball shorts. And then, maybe you can give each other facials and makeup tips.
It's a new day in Razorback Nation! Go Hogs!

hogwild32

Quote from: hogchick26 on April 10, 2008, 03:37:10 pm
I have an idea....Maybe we should have fashion forum where fashion forward men can debate the black football uniforms and the appropriate length and style of basketball shorts. And then, maybe you can give each other facials and makeup tips.

That's exactly what I was thinking.  Why do the length of the shorts matter?  Quite frankly, I do not want to run the risk of seeing some guys junk while watching a basketball game

HighonSwine

Quote from: wooo on April 07, 2008, 03:37:03 pm
they were big for the times, but not as big as our memory tell us.

And just where is the 3 pt. line in that pic?  Oh yea, Dillard was within range when "he stepped into the building" if you asked NR.

Blutoblutarsky

look how packed the game is in this picture.  Not one empty seat.  And we were probably playing Montavello

secfan30

Quote from: hogwild32 on April 10, 2008, 04:03:41 pm
That's exactly what I was thinking.  Why do the length of the shorts matter?  Quite frankly, I do not want to run the risk of seeing some guys junk while watching a basketball game

Speaking of length of clothing and seeng some junk, I feel like I should tape a dollar to my screen where your avatar is at..... Yeah, very nice.

razorback44

Quote from: hogchick26 on April 10, 2008, 03:37:10 pm

That is a perfect idea.  It seems we have a new post every week on the main board of some new member asking about uniforms for the upcoming season in football or basketball.  Maybe we should just stickie a post about new uniforms at the top and have everyone post underneath those since it is such a popular topic.  At least that way we would not see a new post every week that started "I had not seen this posted before but....".
"No force and no man can abolish memory"  FDR