Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Would you welcome a James Anderson transfer back to Arkansas if certain

Started by The_Bionic_Pig, April 01, 2008, 12:28:20 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Bionic_Pig

scenario's were to play out...

1. Unhappy with new coaching hire
2. Can transfer with immediate playing eligibility (different conference)

█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

deucea729

OKhogfan1959

Absolutely...Do you really think Boone Pickens is going to allow that to happen though?

hogsanity

If he would GUARANTEE he would stay for 2 years.  Having him for one year, especially with all the other new players, would not do as much good as people think.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

regi

Quote from: Woo_Pig_Stewie on April 01, 2008, 12:28:20 pm

Are the rules different for B-ball than Football? If not, than he will sit out and I would still welcome him.

OKhogfan1959

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: LawnHog48 on April 01, 2008, 12:31:44 pm
Hve you heard that he might be transfering?

No just another boring Tuesday .... I would also like to add that this guy was very instrumental in getting Mr. Anderson away from Arkansas in the first place.  UCA Alum James Dickey
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: hogsanity on April 01, 2008, 12:31:35 pm
If he would GUARANTEE he would stay for 2 years.  Having him for one year, especially with all the other new players, would not do as much good as people think.

Well its no different than having a impact JUCO player and it would free up slots quickly if he bolts at the end of next season.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Beaverfever

Immediate playing time?  I wasn't aware of any rule that would allow this.  Anderson will probably just stick it out and leave for the nba in a year.

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: Beaverfever on April 01, 2008, 12:37:43 pm
Immediate playing time?  I wasn't aware of any rule that would allow this.  Anderson will probably just stick it out and leave for the nba in a year.

Didn't Glendon Alexander transfer from Arkansas to OSU a few yrs back with no penalty?   Sunday Adebayo comes to mind also Chris Jefferies to Fresno State etc...
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: donewithdale on April 01, 2008, 12:41:17 pm
Why was he so sold on Okie St in the first place?  Big Sutton, lil Sutton, Dickey,...? 

Dickey.

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: Wild Bill Hog on April 01, 2008, 12:46:11 pm
Dickey.

Dickey has been with Sean Sutton & Dad since his days as head coach at Arkansas & Kentucky ..until his dismisal at Oklahoma State.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

The_Iceman

when Sullinger went from Arkansas to Ohio State, he had to sit out a year. So did McGowan at Miami, etc.

So im pretty sure he would have to sit out a year, which he wouldnt do because he might as well stay at OK St. or go Pro.

J.A.Y.

I heard it was a little more than Dickey that helped him decide to pick OSU......

Stewie you heard anything similar?
There are Three things in life that matter... GOD, Family and the Arkansas Razorbacks.

The rest you can deal with if you have any time left over.

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: The_Iceman on April 01, 2008, 12:57:28 pm
when Sullinger went from Arkansas to Ohio State, he had to sit out a year. So did McGowan at Miami, etc.

So im pretty sure he would have to sit out a year, which he wouldnt do because he might as well stay at OK St. or go Pro.

I guess it all depends on the situation, coaching changes etc...   Keep in mind I am just thinking out loud here....I would love for the upcoming OSU coach to grant his release because basketball scholarships are not a 4 year guarantee and are nenewed each year.    The Missouri Tiger natives are also growing restless they haven't been to the Big Dance in 5 years and each season W/L record seems to be getting worse.  They finished 16-16 this season and 18-12 last season 
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

D Ive Wright

Will not happen. OSU will land a good coach.

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: J.A.Y. on April 01, 2008, 12:58:23 pm
I heard it was a little more than Dickey that helped him decide to pick OSU......

Stewie you heard anything similar?

= Coach Joe Hammett
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

J.A.Y.

Quote from: Woo_Pig_Stewie on April 01, 2008, 01:16:30 pm
= Coach Joe Hammett

YES SIR!!!!!!!!!

I also heard someone got a job that they were in NO WAY qualified for......
There are Three things in life that matter... GOD, Family and the Arkansas Razorbacks.

The_Bionic_Pig

█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

J.A.Y.

Wildhog

Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

Wildhog

Quote from: donewithdale on April 01, 2008, 01:29:26 pm
Then no I don't want him or his family associated with the UA.  I had heard rumors that there was more to the story than just his recruitment by Dickey.

James is a good, very respectful guy. 
1909/1964/1965/1977

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: Wildhog05 on April 01, 2008, 01:33:06 pm
James is a good, very respectful guy. 

James was more PUSHED in the direction of Okie State ... he is kinda innocent in this scenario.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

J.A.Y.

Quote from: Wildhog05 on April 01, 2008, 01:33:06 pm
James is a good, very respectful guy, WITH A COACH THAT HAS A SACK FULL OF MONEY, AND A PARENT THAT HAS A JOB THAT WAS GIVEN TO THEM BECAUSE THEIR SON PLAYS BASKETBALL AT OSU.

There fixed that for you.

Wildhog

Quote from: J.A.Y. on April 01, 2008, 01:38:03 pm
James is a good, very respectful guy, WITH A COACH THAT HAS A SACK FULL OF MONEY, AND A PARENT THAT HAS A JOB THAT WAS GIVEN TO THEM BECAUSE THEIR SON PLAYS BASKETBALL AT OSU.

There fixed that for you.

I have to agree.  Ever been to Junction?
1909/1964/1965/1977

J.A.Y.

dougieritch

Hate to say it guys, I wouldn't want him at the UofA, it wasn't good enough for him a year ago and other than a coaching change what is new...the UofA is the fall back plan?

I would rather Pel focus on getting some big guys since we are going to be weak on the front line.

Adam Stokes

Wildhog

Quote from: dougieritch on April 01, 2008, 02:03:13 pm
Hate to say it guys, I wouldn't want him at the UofA, it wasn't good enough for him a year ago and other than a coaching change what is new...the UofA is the fall back plan?

I would rather Pel focus on getting some big guys since we are going to be weak on the front line.

Did you not want Ryan Mallett?
1909/1964/1965/1977

Wildhog

1909/1964/1965/1977

Beaverfever

Quote from: dougieritch on April 01, 2008, 02:03:13 pm

lol get off your high horse.  I want to WIN!

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: Douglasritch on April 01, 2008, 02:03:13 pm

Its all just hypothetical anywayz but if your folks and coach were pushing you (hard) to attend a certain establishment assuming you would be one and done (NBA riches) you wouldn't put up to much of a fight either.  JOE JOHNSON ring a bell.  James Anderson only benefit was making the people closest too him happy and a free ride. 

OSU verbal doesn't occur where their is a large Hog influence (Little Rock, Fayetteville, West Memphis)
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

dougieritch

Quote from: Wildhog05 on April 01, 2008, 02:15:19 pm
Did you not want Ryan Mallett?

I knew some dope was going to bring up Mallett...There are many different reasons Mallett didn't attend Arkansas yes the coach (an idiot), we didn't throw the football, we had mitch, Hootie did a poor job recruiting him. 

Anderson had a chance to play for Arkansas and turned it down...we had a good coach that was smart and a good recruiter.  I'm just saying I wouldn't want Arkansas to be his fall back plan.

Quote from: Beaverfever on April 01, 2008, 02:18:47 pm
lol get off your high horse.  I want to WIN!

As for my HIGH HORSE, you won't win if you have no one to rebound and score close to the basket...there were two parts to my arguement.

J.A.Y.

Quote from: Woo_Pig_Stewie on April 01, 2008, 02:24:30 pm
Its all just hypothetical anywayz but if your folks and coach were pushing you (hard) to attend a certain establishment assuming you would be one and done (NBA riches) you wouldn't put up to much of a fight either.  JOE JOHNSON ring a bell.  James Anderson only benefit was making the people closest too him happy and a free ride. 

OSU verbal doesn't occur where their is a large Hog influence (Little Rock, Fayetteville, West Memphis)

I am reading between the lines Stewie....So you are saying AJ, Fred, and Jason Henry are ours!!!!!!

The_Bionic_Pig

█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

dougieritch

Quote from: Woo_Pig_Stewie on April 01, 2008, 02:40:32 pm
Doug your avatar is classic- and here is my favorite scene:

Thanks!  Can't believe you found that...I love when they are talking about bringing in a sketch artist for the Tally Wacker!  I also love the part when the Asst. Coach takes Lassy up to the men's locker room and she is howling away!  Thanks for the Laugh!

L.A.

Quote from: Woo_Pig_Stewie on April 01, 2008, 02:24:30 pm

Being formerly from South Arkansas I can assure you there is a large Hog Influence there.  Just because James and his family had relationships with coaches at OSU doesn't mean that there's not a high interest in the razorbacks.  I can assure you that everyone down there excluding james and his immediate family was hoping he would end up a razorback.

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: J.A.Y. on April 01, 2008, 02:39:02 pm
I am reading between the lines Stewie....So you are saying AJ, Fred, and Jason Henry are ours!!!!!!

No I think Jason Henry if he has the grades is very much Arkansas bound and Coach Pelphrey is still trying evaluate out how the last recruit will mix with our future/current group of players.  Say JH still doesn't quite have the grades (Currently in Prep School not JUCO) you never stopped recruiting the others preveiously mentioned. 

Its not a first come first serve type deal either.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: L.A. on April 01, 2008, 02:52:19 pm
Being formerly from South Arkansas I can assure you there is a large Hog Influence there.  Just because James and his family had relationships with coaches at OSU doesn't mean that there's not a high interest in the razorbacks.  I can assure you that everyone down there excluding james and his immediate family was hoping he would end up a razorback.

What I said came out wrong.... I was talking Junction City size wise.   If he attended Eldorado, Crossett, Magnolia High Schools he would have recieved a lot more attention his Sophomore & Junior year.   2007 AAU events w/ the Arkansas Wings is what brought him into the national spotlight.  Its one thing to average 31ppg for city with a population of 771 and sharing it with Junction City, LA.   Its quite another to do the same against elite competition during AAU events nationwide.

James suprise last visit to Gainsville for midnight maddness - H.S. Coaches comments:
"I am hoping that James will be ready to decide after his visit to Oklahoma State," said Coach Hammett.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

opineonswine

Let me think about it and get back to you......

Y E S, in a heartbeat.

Jim Harris

somebody who's getting money on that deal wouldn't approve the transfer.
"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson

Wildhog

1909/1964/1965/1977

oldfart

yes i would take him, but he would have to sit out a year, transferring to another conference does not mean anything in that way.  the only way (that i have seen, anyway) for someone to transfer without having to sit has been when a parent was critically ill or some sort of family emergency, which i doubt would come into play here.  and if james was told he would have to sit out a year before he could play he would probably cast a closer eye to the NBA draft.

Amityvillehogger

Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

The_Bionic_Pig

He played 30+ minutes per game and averaged 13pts 4rbs and more turnovers than assist as the starting shooting guard....Patrick Beverly freshman numbers were far better so the NBA isn't even a consideration at the very least until his Junior Year.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

AnthroHog

If Anderson wanted to transfer to Arkansas I would hope Pelphrey would get the paperwork ready for him ASAP.

3kgthog

What kind of job did we offer said parent? Something at Wal-Mart or Tyson? No wonder he didn't come here.

oldfart

he would not be listed now because up to this point he probably has not considered it. however, i think if it came down to "sit out a year" or "declare for the draft" next year he would declare.  im not sure of what deadline might be this year but i am pretty certain he would not sit out a year and then play another college season..

Quote from: donewithdale on April 01, 2008, 05:26:08 pm
Problem is, unless I am missing something, he isn't listed on any mock drafts in either round.