Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Predicting our 2006 Men Basketball signing class...

Started by The_Bionic_Pig, June 18, 2005, 04:51:33 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Bionic_Pig

WILLIE KEMP

With the recent committment of Marques Johnson to Bruce Pearl's Vols in the past few days I would say it is down to Arkansas and Illinois.  Kemp and his H.S. coach Rick Rudesill recently drove up to Champaign for a unofficial visit last Wednesday.  I would say Arkansas 75%  Illinois 20%  Florida 5%

Tim Watts of Rivals stated on May 30th during the MDC tourney in NEW ORLEANS that Ramar had whittled his list down to Michigan, Michigan State, UConn and Cincinnati , but his rivals profile doesn't reflect that.   On 6/1/05 in a interview with SpartanMag Smith stated " Michigan St & Cincy are the schools that trail the Uconn Huskies"  I would say Uconn 60%  MSU 25%  Cincy 10%  Ark 5%

Micheal Washington
I do recall another recruit attending Heritage Christian (Houston)
that was thought to be a lock for Arkansas because we got in on him early his name Vakeaton Wafer.  In this case Micheal Washington is Arkansas born (McGehee) Arkansas 90% Uconn 10%

SONNY WEEMS
He hasn't even planned on taking official visits until Fall.  Dwight Lewis committment to Kansas may have boosted our chances recently.  He definitely plans on visiting Kansas, Oklahoma and Oklahoma State with 2 others not yet scheduled.  Despite reports I would say the West Memphis native is still Arkansas's to lose -  Arkansas 65%   Kansas 15% Oklahoma 10% OKSt 10% 

WildCards
Thaddeus Young - is nearly impossible to read but Roy Williams has been recruiting this kid as if his life depended on it.  He has yet to even list a top 10 but I suspect Arkansas is very much in the race considering his comments at the Real Deal Tourney.  " I can see myself playing here"

Wayne Chism - Some of you might be curious as to why I list him as a Wildcard well to put it bluntly his academics in my opinion is the only serious competition Arkansas has for this stud going by his comments over that past few months Arkansas 99%  Academics 1% 

Some recruits I purposly left off the list because their recruitment will depend on the committments of the above.  So in closing I would say -

Willie Kemp
Wayne Chism
Micheal Washington
Sonny Weems

Will make up your 2006 Arkansas Razorback Freshman class.  ;)

█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Fletch

Where would you predict that class would rank nationally?
I feel like $100

jabohog

Nice job Stewie. You don't get enough credit for the work you do. Are you a bigger BB fan than FB? Just wondering. You do a good job on all your info in all sports you cover.

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: Fletch on June 18, 2005, 06:27:28 pm
Where would you predict that class would rank nationally?

If they were to hold their STAR- National rankings top #1 - #4 easily.  If you look at Ohio St.'s verbals they would easily be crowned king but they are going to get destroyed (SMU style) by the NCAA in both Football & Basketball for violations in the near future.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: jabohog on June 18, 2005, 06:31:10 pm
Nice job Stewie. You don't get enough credit for the work you do. Are you a bigger BB fan than FB? Just wondering. You do a good job on all your info in all sports you cover.

It is much easier to cover basketball than football but I enjoy both and thank you sir for the kind comments.  By the way you can mark Rodney Giles off of your football recruiting wishlist - (He has gotten himself into deep doo doo and won't qualify to go to any college anytime soon.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

pioneerhog

Quote from: Woo_Pig_Stewie on June 18, 2005, 08:08:21 pm
Quote from: jabohog on June 18, 2005, 06:31:10 pm

It is much easier to cover basketball than football but I enjoy both and thank you sir for the kind comments. By the way you can mark Rodney Giles off of your football recruiting wishlist - (He has gotten himself into deep doo doo and won't qualify to go to any college anytime soon.

What has he done if I may ask. I have heard repeatily that he has screwed up but have never heard about how.

on the brazos

we may get washington and weems. but u dont think we get any of the others. with stan"s job being on the line this year players will not take the chance of coming to arkansas. thats why we have no commitments right now.

CarolinaHog1176

Quote from: Woo_Pig_Stewie on June 18, 2005, 08:08:21 pm
you can mark Rodney Giles off of your football recruiting wishlist

dang, this kid can't make it to the UofA campus to save his life... what'd he do?
WOOOOO PIG SOOIE

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: on the brazos on June 19, 2005, 11:57:39 am
we may get washington and weems. but u dont think we get any of the others. with stan"s job being on the line this year players will not take the chance of coming to arkansas. thats why we have no commitments right now.

Actually I think Sloppy77 had the best response to that line of thought... http://www.arkansas.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=1191&tid=54073980&sid=&style=2
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Fletch

I feel like $100

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: Fletch on June 21, 2005, 02:47:35 pm
What happened to Pierre Niles?

The kid has changed his mind 3 times since I have been following his recruiting over the past year or so - First Tennessee was a lock then following the Real Deal it was Arkansas now its Memphis.  I would say whomever gets the last visit.  With the departure of Olu Famutini to the NBA/CBA ??? and the age limit being enforced at 19 look for Stan Heath to work his magic on Thaddeus Young Swing Guard type (and at the least end up in his top 2-3 by the end of the summer) If they don't get young then Sonny Weems Swing Guard type.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*